Dark theme by IPS

RObiN-HoOD

I'm sure third party dark themes are lovely, but I learned long ago to cleave close to official releases, for ease of upgrades and long-term support.

I patiently await an IPS official dark theme. I'm staring at this large bright white screen right now in a dark room (because I must) and it's... not... good....

6 hours ago, PoC2 said:

I'm sure third party dark themes are lovely, but I learned long ago to cleave close to official releases, for ease of upgrades and long-term support.

I patiently await an IPS official dark theme. I'm staring at this large bright white screen right now in a dark room (because I must) and it's... not... good....

Like you, I was frustrated by the lack of a dark theme so created one. It's free, completely free and contains zero template edits, fully stock IPS templates which means as long as you don't edit any yourself, when you upgrade the theme will automatically update for you. No waiting around for developer updates before you can update your forum.

The theme only contains CSS colour changes, it's rare that at this stage you will see any changes to the CSS that would break the colours. Now obviously when 5.x drops this most likely won't work, but should be fine for the duration of the 4.x series.  Feel free to ignore, totally understand and despite creating this would still prefer an official one myself.

Night mode theme is great - thank you.

Although I would still love to see an official dark theme from IPS bundled in as an alternative to the default. This is highly requested by my users, and I think many many users prefer the dark option. 

Archived