Calendar Enhancements

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, ImpartialGeek said:

Is there a way to allow people to add events to their google calendars? I am shocked this isn't a native feature from IPS. We have many community members who use Google Calendar, and Android phones. Is this possible with your app?

Can't they download the .ics file for the event and import the file into their google calendar or are you looking for a connection/feed?

On a different note, I've just created this feedback topic as I think an expansion on the calendar app and integration with Google API would be very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adriano. My turn 😉

Recurring event: it would be nice/useful/awesome to have the ability to RSVP to just one of the recurring events. The IPS system is nuts. If there's a meeting every week, and I RSVP to one, I'm going to all of them for the next ten years?

Thanks!

**edit** 

Buying the app anyway. The other stuff is useful.

Edited by Giray
Just now, Giray said:

Hi Adriano. My turn 😉

Recurring event: it would be nice/useful/awesome to have the ability to RSVP to just one of the recurring events. The IPS system is nuts. If there's a meeting every week, and I RSVP to one, I'm going to all of them for the next ten years?

Thanks!

This is something that IPS must change on core Calendar script.

For those frustrated with the IPS method of having a single calendar entry for recurring events, as per my previous rant, BUY Adriano's app, in its own way it solves the problem. The event's admin simply has to go to 'Manage Attendees' after every event and delete all attendees. The following week (or event date) you RSVP again. The only disadvantage to this is that I cannot then RSVP to an event three recurrences from now, I can only RSVP to the next one (and then the admin clears the slate for subsequent ones). In short, for my needs, your app saves me. Thanks Adriano.

1 minute ago, Giray said:

For those frustrated with the IPS method of having a single calendar entry for recurring events, as per my previous rant, BUY Adriano's app, in its own way it solves the problem. The event's admin simply has to go to 'Manage Attendees' after every event and delete all attendees. The following week (or event date) you RSVP again. The only disadvantage to this is that I cannot then RSVP to an event three recurrences from now, I can only RSVP to the next one (and then the admin clears the slate for subsequent ones). In short, for my needs, your app saves me. Thanks Adriano.

I guess I misunderstood your question then...

On 5/25/2019 at 6:09 AM, AlexWebsites said:

Can't they download the .ics file for the event and import the file into their google calendar or are you looking for a connection/feed?

They could but that's not very efficient. I'm looking for them to be able to add individual events to their Google calendar just by clicking a link. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 6:22 PM, Richard Arch said:

The first event this month is tomorrow but the countdown thinks its 30 days away!

The EXPIRED was a debug string forgot there! 🤦‍♂️ I added a proper message for this case:

u3pARLf.png

This event will actually be "removed" from the widget in the next cache update, so the message is temporary.

Please, send a PM with details from the first event you posted or the URL to your board so I can see the specific of your events.

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 7/7/2019 at 6:22 PM, Richard Arch said:

Just installed this plugin and we are seeing some strange countdown times, any idea why?

The first event this month is tomorrow but the countdown thinks its 30 days away!

I created evets with same date/time and can't reproduce. Works fine in 2 boards I tested. I asked for more details. Please refer to the PM.

NNamPUL.png

Hi Adriano

I've just disabled all the plugins and apps but it hasn't made any difference.  I also noticed that switching off the countdown from the settings doesn't work, the countdown stills displays.

It sounds like its server issue.  Is there something that I should be asking the host on what they support?

11 minutes ago, Richard Arch said:

Hi Adriano

I've just disabled all the plugins and apps but it hasn't made any difference.  I also noticed that switching off the countdown from the settings doesn't work, the countdown stills displays.

It sounds like its server issue.  Is there something that I should be asking the host on what they support?

Reply to the PM, please.