Calendar Enhancements

34 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No. I don’t even remember what its task does. 

I’ll take a look tomorrow in the morning when I reach my PC.

It looks like it's for sending out notifications for events that are happening that day to those that have RSVPd to them.

15 hours ago, MrFisc said:

No no, we want it. We just want it without the memory exhaustion lol.

Made some changes in the task but before I send I checked purchasers list of this resource and to my surprise you DO NOT show up there!

So can you tell how/why are you using this resource if you didn't purchase it?

Where did you get this resource?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Adriano,

I was thinking of purchasing this app and have a question...

I saw a person asking about being able to change colors for the event name background earlier in this thread...

On 9/10/2018 at 9:54 AM, Adriano Faria said:

You mean to show different collors here?

TwQcZDY.png

Was this feature ever added?

If not, might you still consider something like it?  If not that's fine, just thought I'd ask.

I think the original person who asked you was asking about changing "each" event color and I am not looking for something as grand as that.

My problem is regarding the Club Calendars.  Currently, all the Club Calendars have the same background color.  I can change that color through Custom CSS, but that still leaves me with all clubs having the same background color on the main calendar (for users who can see such things).

And since a user can go to the main calendar tab (outside of clubs) and still see all the club events they belong to listed there - it presents a problem when they belong to several clubs as they all show with the same color (no way to distinguish between them quickly).

So, in my case I have a lot of site wide calendars that all can see and I have setup different colors to help distinguish between them.  But then, any user who belongs to multiple clubs - they are all shown as the same color.... which I think will get very confusing for them.

Please, let me know your thoughts.

Actually, I took another look at it and found that the suite does set a numbered style for each club calendar (it's just empty).  So, I can edit each club calendar's background setting through custom CSS.  So, that's great and I can do that easily myself.

But the problem is... it would be a whole lot easier for other club creators, moderators, etc. if they could do that without a full admin having to manually change the custom css.

I guess what's needed in the end is a background color chooser in the Manage Club > Calendar section just like there is in the control panel when you create a normal calendar.

Since, they are already generating an empty CSS style for each club calendar (seems like they did not finish what they started) hopefully, it might not be as big of a pain - I don't know.

So... it's just a thought which might prove helpful.

Here's an example of what I put in my custom css for one of my club calendars:

a.cEvents_style8, .cEvents_style8 a, .cCalendarIcon.cEvents_style8 {
    background-color: #000000;
}

I just had to find the right style number (that was auto assigned, but empty).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,
Thank you for your work for the application.
There are two things I immediately noticed:
1) the Events shown on the Member tab are shown in any cases, even if another user (who is watching the profile) doesn't have an access to the Calendar! Logically speaking, the user who is not allowed to use a specific Calendar, should not see the list of the upcoming events, which are shown on the user profile, who has that access.
2) the Member Tab is always there, even if the user doesn't have any RSPVed events! Is it possible to not show that tab on those users' profiles, who has no events within the Cutoff days, defined by settings there:
image.png.1fe2c0243b4de2815075253f0a604a87.png

5 minutes ago, alexxis said:

1) the Events shown on the Member tab are shown in any cases, even if another user (who is watching the profile) doesn't have an access to the Calendar! Logically speaking, the user who is not allowed to use a specific Calendar, should not see the list of the upcoming events, which are shown on the user profile, who has that access.

Confirmed.

5 minutes ago, alexxis said:

2) the Member Tab is always there, even if the user doesn't have any RSPVed events! Is it possible to not show that tab on those users' profiles, who has no events within the Cutoff days, defined by settings there:

Possible but that will add one extra query in the profile.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Possible but that will add one extra query in the profile.

I guess, it would be better, rather than seeing an empty Tab.
Also, if you will be so kind to implement the second point in my speech above, it will be easier for other members to browse a member profile, Because when seeing there a Calendar Tab, they will be sure, that there is something inside it and will open it, and see the list of the events.
Currently, we'll never know, if there is anything inside that Tab, unless we click on it! 😞 😞 

49 minutes ago, alexxis said:

I guess, it would be better, rather than seeing an empty Tab.
Also, if you will be so kind to implement the second point in my speech above, it will be easier for other members to browse a member profile, Because when seeing there a Calendar Tab, they will be sure, that there is something inside it and will open it, and see the list of the events.
Currently, we'll never know, if there is anything inside that Tab, unless we click on it! 😞 😞 

Sent you a new version via PM. Please try it and let me know if it's OK then I'll update the marketplace file.

This is probably me misunderstanding how IPS works. Sorry if this is basic IPS stuff. 

Often I can take a plugin widget, use it as a base for a new block, then do some formatting of the block (for example reformat text, hide the excerpt, move the comment bubble, etc.).  I do that by using the base widget as a starting point and then editing the cloned codeI would like to make use of the event countdown and RSVP enhancements 👍  with some minor custom adjustments to the widget layout. I can't seem to modify the widget though.

In IPS's  block creator when I start the process using the widget it of course looks as designed. Then I select Use as a base for a custom template which clones the code into an editable block, but I immediately lose the countdown (on a page after saving, not just while editing). I assume that I'm disconnecting from some necessary JS or something. If this is an IPS core type question please forgive me and I'll ask in technical support. Love your work and my desire to tinker is not a reflection on your application functionality 🙂 

Edited by bradl
1 hour ago, bradl said:

This is probably me misunderstanding how IPS works. Sorry if this is basic IPS stuff. 

Often I can take a plugin widget, use it as a base for a new block, then do some formatting of the block (for example reformat text, hide the excerpt, move the comment bubble, etc.).  I do that by using the base widget as a starting point and then editing the cloned codeI would like to make use of the event countdown and RSVP enhancements 👍  with some minor custom adjustments to the widget layout. I can't seem to modify the widget though.

In IPS's  block creator when I start the process using the widget it of course looks as designed. Then I select Use as a base for a custom template which clones the code into an editable block, but I immediately lose the countdown (on a page after saving, not just while editing). I assume that I'm disconnecting from some necessary JS or something. If this is an IPS core type question please forgive me and I'll ask in technical support. Love your work and my desire to tinker is not a reflection on your application functionality 🙂 

Sorry, what’s your problem or issue with the app?

One more concern about your application, Adriano.
If someone adds another user to the list of Attendees for an Event, that user won't get any notification, saying that he was just added to the list of attendees to that certain event. So users will even do not know, that someone has added them to an Event!
The same happens, when the author of an Event removes an attendee from the list of Attendees. Again, no notifications come 😞 

How about adding this kind of notifications? 🙂