Calendar Enhancements

6 hours ago, brandoninsc said:

I can't quite tell from the description and pictures, but where does the venue filtering actually show up?  It would be awesome if the upcoming events and/or actual calendar could be filtered by venue. 

Is that built into this plugin?

That’s a bug in current version. It isn’t showing up due to changes in template. There’s a pending version awaiting approval that will fix it. The button will show you beside the Create Event button and when clicked, a popup will appear listing all Venus. Select one and then you’ll have all events on it.

What's New in Version 1.2.0:

• New setting to automatically enable RSVP when creating new events
  • Fix: reposition the EVENTS AT VENUE in Calendar index
  • FIx: missing language bits

On 1/22/2023 at 10:44 PM, brandoninsc said:

I can't quite tell from the description and pictures, but where does the venue filtering actually show up?  It would be awesome if the upcoming events and/or actual calendar could be filtered by venue. 

Is that built into this plugin?

VqxoSYY.png

BPy5EO9.png

14 hours ago, Richard Arch said:

Hi Adriano

I'm seeing this error message when uploading a file to messaging all attendees.  This is on my test site which is running v4.7.7 beta 2.  No errors are being logged in the IPS System or Error logs.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Business Card, Paper, Webpage

I have uploaded a fix.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) wants to upload a file to fix while you wait for the marketplace approval.

Tks. 👍

• 1 month later...

Hello Adriano,

I noticed, that the upcoming recurring events are not shown in the Profile Tab, and there are no notifications coming about them, once the events fires.

“ This event begins 03/19/2022 and repeats every year forever”
This event worked as expected only last year (it was shown up in the Profile), this year I didn't see it in the Profile Tab, and no notifications came to any attendants.

Please help to check,

Hi,

That’s how recurring events works. It adds only one entry in the database; not one entry per year, in your case. The script runs, check the date, which is the initial (first) date and display in tab/fire the notification. The “upcoming” information is stored in another column of the table and “injected” in calendar view. And no, not possible to “search” for it.

You can see a lot of situations with recurring events like:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/461812-recurring-events-and-rsvp-system-changes/#comment-2855167

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/456162-delete-instance-of-recurring-event/#comment-2814293

There are a lot of “issues” like that. That’s the way IPS developed it. That’s how it is.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 months later...

Requests to add to this:

1. Convert Topic to Event.  Members commonly create a topic to discuss a potential event such as a get together before they finalize a date.  It would be a huge benefit to be able to elevate a topic to an Event such that the entire topic's conversation can be maintained and carried into the Event comments rather than fragmenting it into two separate discussions (Topic and Event).  I try to manage this now and it's a headache with members posting randomly in each.

2. Add support for members to add a +1 (or +N) as sometimes they will RSVP but also want to bring guest(s) that need to be accounted for in the RSVP limit.  Currently, I have to continue to monitor every Event and it's comments and then manually adjust the RSVP every time a member RSVPs and comments they are bringing N guests.
Edited by Clover13
  • 1 month later...

Adriano, or anyone else for that matter that uses events regularly, have you seen any way to create a new pot for RSVP at all? I'm trying to find a way to capture 'Reserve' slots. Essentially so if you have a limit and someone drops out, you know if someone in reserve can fill in for you.

Ideally it sits alongside max limit if you have one! So many times people want to say they could be around but when it reaches its quota no one else can even click Going or Maybe. Appreciate any thoughts if it can fit in the enhancements in some way.

8 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Adriano, or anyone else for that matter that uses events regularly, have you seen any way to create a new pot for RSVP at all? I'm trying to find a way to capture 'Reserve' slots. Essentially so if you have a limit and someone drops out, you know if someone in reserve can fill in for you.

Ideally it sits alongside max limit if you have one! So many times people want to say they could be around but when it reaches its quota no one else can even click Going or Maybe. Appreciate any thoughts if it can fit in the enhancements in some way.

That's also a great idea for an enhancement.  Add a waiting/reserve list. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for being a client!

The Invision Community Marketplace is closing on October 30, 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site www.sosinvision.com.br.

You will find information on my website www.sosinvision.com.br:

Bookmark https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.