Canned Replies

This will resource will provide canned replies to frequently asked questions for both the members and the staff.

Canned replies can be shared. Member can create them in two ways: PRIVATE or PUBLIC. Public replies will be visiable and available to be used by all members allowed to use the resource, but only editable by its authors.

More:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I found a bug

When the administrator edits a private response. The response's author is changed to the administrator.

Suggestion for improvement:

When you have selected an answer ready to be placed in the post. Let it be added to typed and unsubscribed text as it currently is.

It would look better, so we could use several ready-made answers in the same post.

48 minutes ago, DSyste said:

found a bug

When the administrator edits a private response. The response's author is changed to the administrator

What is a private response?

There’s nothing on it that changes the ownership of replies, as far as I remember. 

I’ll have to check, once I know what it is. 😉

Edited by Adriano Faria

TWO QUESTIONS: 

#1 - I have a few dozen Canned Replies stored.   Is it possible to get The selection list displayed in alphabetical order?

#2 - Is it possible for you to make it so that we can use your software as a "CANNED PM STARTER" not just for replies?

Edited by ILM2
3 minutes ago, ILM2 said:

I have a few dozen Canned Replies stored.   Is it possible to get The selection list displayed in alphabetical order

Not currently. If you want to sort by title, change in your install. Open applications\cannedreplies\sources\Replies\Replies.php and find:

foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'cannedreplies_replies', array( 'cr_mid=?', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id ) ) as $row )

Change to:

foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'cannedreplies_replies', array( 'cr_mid=?', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id ), 'cr_title ASC' ) as $row )

And find:

foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'cannedreplies_replies', array( 'cr_mid!=? AND cr_type=?', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id, 1 ) ) as $row )

Change to:

foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'cannedreplies_replies', array( 'cr_mid!=? AND cr_type=?', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id, 1 ), 'cr_title ASC' ) as $row )

I'll change it in next version.

3 minutes ago, ILM2 said:

Is it possible for you to make it so that we can use your software as a "CANNED PM STARTER" not just for replies?

No.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey @Adriano Faria,

Ok, so I don't own this app but reading its description gave me an idea: what about an app which allows you to develop and send out canned EMAILS from the IP suite (e.g. its donotreply automatically-generated email address)?  For instance, as a tutor I'd like to be able to send out a canned email which notifies a client they still have to pay for an upcoming session, reminders, and so forth.

Not sure if anyone else has asked for this, but it might be useful to others.

42 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Hey @Adriano Faria,

Ok, so I don't own this app but reading its description gave me an idea: what about an app which allows you to develop and send out canned EMAILS from the IP suite (e.g. its donotreply automatically-generated email address)?  For instance, as a tutor I'd like to be able to send out a canned email which notifies a client they still have to pay for an upcoming session, reminders, and so forth.

Not sure if anyone else has asked for this, but it might be useful to others.

You better ask for this here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/506-customization-requests/