Jump to content

Anonymous Browsing Toggle ( Support Topic )


TheJackal84
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Very nice, will buy it soon. If not already available it would be nice if the color of the symbol could change when logged in visible or invisible. Thanks..

Not yet but it is easy enough to add

1 minute ago, jair101 said:

Can the admins still see the anon users?

Yes it works the same as it would if you logged in anonymously with the default IPS way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As highly requested ;) Purchased as No. 1!  :) 

As always, congratulations for this plugin! I really believe in the power of this small enhancement. From today on, "anonymous browsing" is a VIP feature.

->

  • the texts for the "on mouseover quick text previews" are not translatable yet. Please...
  • if there would be an option to change the default font awesome icon, that would be nice (css total replacement of a fa icon in the whole community is not an option).
  • A Best of solution would be, if we could place a custom image instead of the font awesome icon in there... (png or svg with transparent background). But that would be a maximum awesome feature! ;) 

Thank you for your great work in the IPS community!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed some strange behavior...

On every first time, I try to get on the index page (first load), I get an error message (shown above).

If I reload directly afterwards, the index page loads correctly.

This might be related to the plugin.

Facts:

  • I'm on a CiC installation
  • My login is saved, so I don't have to enter my credentials to login again any next day

error1.png

Edited by Cyboman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I noticed some strange behavior...

On every first time, I try to get on the index page (first load), I get an error message (shown above).

If I reload directly afterwards, the index page loads correctly.

This might be related to the plugin.

Facts:

  • I'm on a CiC installation
  • My login is saved, so I don't have to enter my credentials to login again any next day

I did come across something like that yesterday, I didn't know if it was after I edited it or not, I assume now not lol. I will get out a update with-in 24 hours :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update: very nice and almost perfect ;) 

There is one behavior I detected and don't understand:

If I toggle to anonymous browsing, everything is fine, I'm displayed as anonymous (ok, now I'm twice in the online list, me visible online 1 min ago + me anonymously :lol: but that's not the biggest problem, but might be addressed in a later version anytime)

BUT: If I leave my browser open, still logged into my community, and I return 1/2 hour (or a while) later, I'm still logged in but VISIBLE AGAIN...

I think this feature should save the "last status" until changed (OR until a specified time, at least 1 day or 1 week...), it shouldn't switch back shortly and automatically. Especially not, if there hasn't been a logout.

 

As another simple optimization, in a later update, please let us define the glow intensity. Currently, it's a bit weak and almost not recognizable. But a great idea!

 

Edited by Cyboman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As soon as I click on "browse anonymously" a black popup box tells me: "You are now browsing anonymously"

This text string isn't translatable yet. 

Not sure if there are more text keys missing, but all (at least frontend) texts should be translatable ;) 

Edited by Cyboman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/02/2018 at 2:02 AM, Cyboman said:

If I leave my browser open, still logged into my community, and I return 1/2 hour (or a while) later, I'm still logged in but VISIBLE AGAIN...

Have you tried signing in anonymously like normal and then tested if it does it that way too?, The only reason I could think that happening is if the suite killed their session but that would be a IPS thing

On 26/02/2018 at 2:40 AM, Cyboman said:

Currently, the "anonymous symbol" is between notifications and personal messages.

I would place the font awesome icon on the very left or the very right of the menu.

I will check the locations and see if I can hook it in elsewhere, I did put it there for some reason but I can't remember what lol :)

17 hours ago, Cyboman said:

As soon as I click on "browse anonymously" a black popup box tells me: "You are now browsing anonymously"

This text string isn't translatable yet. 

Sorry my fault :(, I will sort in it the next update

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Stormlilly said:

Hi there,

Are the above errors fixed?

I encountered a red error on install.

I entered the icon field as eye-slash.

I can't see anything.  No option to go invisible, etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

 

There are no errors on the post above, the one where the time the sesson ends is manually set by you or the hosts of your server when the person is idle

What red error did you get on install? have you tried re-installing the plugin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

The anonymous icon shown in the marketplace topic, what fa-icon is that?

Just found it on fa icons name is user-secret. Should be named in the marketplace description or even better, being added by default.

But the icons still not show up as described above.

Edited by Ramsesx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got it, in the acp settings of the plugin it says: Enter a font-awesome icon leaving out the first fa

So I added only "user-secret", adding fa-user-secret works now. It would be an idea to describe this better to avoid misunderstandings, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ramsesx said:

Finally got it, in the acp settings of the plugin it says: Enter a font-awesome icon leaving out the first fa

So I added only "user-secret", adding fa-user-secret works now. It would be an idea to describe this better to avoid misunderstandings, thanks.

Sorry I misread the other message and thought you sorted it, Yeah I am making a new update to this anyway ( Will prob be a application as IPS removed the main script I hooked into so will need to probably make my own )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Sorry I misread the other message and thought you sorted it, Yeah I am making a new update to this anyway ( Will prob be a application as IPS removed the main script I hooked into so will need to probably make my own )

That's cool thanks, for me it's working now perfectly. Please add in the new version a translation option for the phrase "You are now browsing anonymously" and add a message if switching back to the normal view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

That's cool thanks, for me it's working now perfectly. Please add in the new version a translation option for the phrase "You are now browsing anonymously" and add a message if switching back to the normal view.

Yeah mate will do, I have a couple updates to finish before this, then I will get this one pushed out

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 just purchased, slight issue with when clicking the anonymous tab to change from anonymous to normal, the tab still stays on browse anonymously?

Tried it on my demo and got it working on there but cannot get it working on my main forum.    

I read you are in the process of a new update, any idea when the new upgrade will be available?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bearback said:

 just purchased, slight issue with when clicking the anonymous tab to change from anonymous to normal, the tab still stays on browse anonymously?

Tried it on my demo and got it working on there but cannot get it working on my main forum.    

I read you are in the process of a new update, any idea when the new upgrade will be available?

with-in the next couple of days it will be released mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...