Anonymous Browsing Toggle ( Support Topic )

Question as well, can something be added that shows up on the toggle to tell the user whether they're anonymous or not? Right now it's a bit confusing to have just the one notification popup that tells them they're browsing, but clicking the icon to come out of browsing anonymously doesn't have a message or notification. Maybe a color change on the icon itself to green or something when a member is browsing anonymously?

• 11 months later...

With IPS Suite 4.4.10: First problem: Not working with REDIS and option "Use Redis to reduce MYSQL Queries". (Switching Not working and icon not change with blinked and no blinked) And second problem: with default filestorage caching system: If the User logs in anonymously and leaves the page inactive, after a few minutes the anonymous session changes into a normal session and such User is already visible. To prevent this, the User must reload the page at least every few minutes. It does not make sense. Please upgrade, ad fix this.

Edited by Semenedar
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

What's New in Version 1.0.4:

• Adds a setting to choose the groups will be able to use this resource on the app settings page.
    • Removes the tab from the ACP Groups.
  • Removes the ability to always login anonymously (option in Account Settings) as this is already a feature on IPS 4.5.
  • Add hardcoded strings as language bits.
  • Script optmization.
  • Changes in background to meet new marketplace rules.
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Adriano, what is the use of this plugin for now? Do I understand correctly, that the button next to the notification icon helps to change the anonymity of a user of a specific group? I have one group on my board with the Forced anonymity enabled, and if I enable that button to users in this group, will they be able to change their anonymity status? Or that button is good only for those, who are in group with the "Anonymity Enabled" (not for Anonymity Disabled and not for Anonymity Forced)?

Meaning that that button is just a copy from the "https://invisioncommunity.com/settings/account-security/" account settings? for easy access.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:51 PM, alexxis said:

Adriano, what is the use of this plugin for now? Do I understand correctly, that the button next to the notification icon helps to change the anonymity of a user of a specific group? I have one group on my board with the Forced anonymity enabled, and if I enable that button to users in this group, will they be able to change their anonymity status? Or that button is good only for those, who are in group with the "Anonymity Enabled" (not for Anonymity Disabled and not for Anonymity Forced)?

Meaning that that button is just a copy from the "https://invisioncommunity.com/settings/account-security/" account settings? for easy access.

4 hours ago, alexxis said:

@Adriano Faria hello, please kindly reply to the message above, thanks!

Sorry, missed this. Yes, this resource won’t have any effect for groups that are forced to login anonymously; it will update the session but due to the “forced” option, user will remain anonymous. 

I will make this clear in file description and will hide the icon for “forced” groups.

On 2/12/2023 at 1:58 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, missed this. Yes, this resource won’t have any effect for groups that are forced to login anonymously; it will update the session but due to the “forced” option, user will remain anonymous. 

I will make this clear in file description and will hide the icon for “forced” groups.

OK, meaning that this plugin and that button are usable only for those, who is in the group with the setting 

Can login anonymously? - Allowed

• 2 months later...

Hello Adriano,

I see that the group in the application settings "Who can see?" has to be a primary group, so it does not apply for secondary groups! 😞 

I enabled the icon for my primary group, which has "Allowed" in the anonymity settings, and when clicking on the icon, it changes to gray and says, that I am browsing anonymously now, which is not true: I am still online, and in the account settings "settings/account-security/" I am still "visible". (My account has several secondary groups with the anonymity disabled, maybe that bothers?)

Please help to check,

Yes, primary group only.

12 minutes ago, alexxis said:

I enabled the icon for my primary group, which has "Allowed" in the anonymity settings, and when clicking on the icon, it changes to gray and says, that I am browsing anonymously now, which is not true: I am still online, and in the account settings "settings/account-security/" I am still "visible". (My account has several secondary groups with the anonymity disabled, maybe that bothers?)

Please help to check,

Last time I tested it, posts above, a couple of months ago, it was working fine. Will test again and will reply back.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, primary group only.

Is it possible to expand to secondary groups also? Sometimes the anonymously groups are hidden, and set to users as secondary groups for better protection. That's why it is pretty necessary...

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Will test again and will reply back.

Right now on my live board:

It is working as expected.

Also, as you didn't say where your link doesn't change, I suppose it was in the widgets (online)? If it is, they use cache; it won't update right away. Go and make your test in the online list as I did.

Edited by Adriano Faria
21 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Right now on my live board:

It is working as expected.

Also, as you didn't say where your link doesn't change, I suppose it was in the widgets (online)? If it is, they use cache; it won't update right away. Go and make your test in the online list as I did.

On the online users list my account became 'invisible', that's true. But in real, if visiting any topics, if visiting my profile, if opening a hovercard of my profile, - everywhere my account is still 'visible' to anyone, since in fact the anonymity wasn't enabled by clicking on that button (icon), because that button (icon) didn't change my "Online Status" to "Hidden". I see it clearly in my account settings here: /forum/settings/account-security/

In case I change my "Online Status" from "visible" to "Hidden" manually, the icon will not let me change the icon to black, after clicking on the icon to make myself visible, and then refreshing the page, the icon will still be gray, and my profile  continue being anonymous 😞 

11 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Online list is real time. The rest is cached. 

I cleared the cache on the ACP, waited for some time, but the account is still visible everywhere except for the Online users list.

I believe there are some errors somewhere.

Do you remember that the anonymity didn't work properly on the Invision some months ago? Maybe they did not fix that completely 😞 

2 hours ago, alexxis said:

I cleared the cache on the ACP, waited for some time, but the account is still visible everywhere except for the Online users list.

I believe there are some errors somewhere.

Do you remember that the anonymity didn't work properly on the Invision some months ago? Maybe they did not fix that completely 😞 

Ok, it wasn't doing all the stuff. This resource was only updating the session, on which the online list is based:

\IPS\Session::i()->setAnon();

The rest of the places pointed out by you are checked by the method isOnlineAnonymously(), which checks a bitwise value on the members table (is_anon).

So after the change I've made locally, it is working in all places:

I will update the marketplace version and should be available in a few days.