Email Address Confirmation

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I just installed it, it's not displaying.

It won’t show up to admins, as stated in the file description. 

24 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Do you think some folks will see the reminder and decide to change their email address from real to a fake one?

The purpose of the widget is about to make exactly the opposite but who knows what anyone can do. If that happens then it’s just a question of moderation. If you start to receive errors about the email of a user, ask him to change, suspend, ban, etc.

55 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

This is a great option, thanks.

I just installed it, it's not displaying.

I left the defaults of 365 days and all groups.

It's the second block on the right here: https://www.pathlabtalk.com/forum/

It's also the second block on any other forum post page.

Thanks

I just created an account in your site and I ca see it:

1D1A01E1-760D-4558-A9DE-824730E0F59A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

You expect me to read that?  :)

I just logged in as a user, and yes, it displays.

Sorry, as usual, user error.

Oops, same time. :p

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

The purpose of the widget is about to make exactly the opposite but who knows what anyone can do. If that happens then it’s just a question of moderation. If you start to receive errors about the email of a user, ask him to change, suspend, ban, etc.

I can't think of a way to do this but.... would be cool if this was sent ONLY to folks who have bouncing email addresses

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

New features:

• New ACP module to list all members, with filters and actions like confirm/un-confirm a member email or confirm/un-confirm ALL member's emails.
  • Administrator Logs: All actions performed on ACP are logged on Administrator Logs
  • Member History: an entry will be added to the member history when they confirm the email address on public side
  • New members will have their email addresses confirmed once they validate the account

This resource will have its price increased to $10 tomorrow, so if you're willing to buy it, do it now. :)

On 15/02/2018 at 6:13 PM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

New features:

• New ACP module to list all members, with filters and actions like confirm/un-confirm a member email or confirm/un-confirm ALL member's emails.
  • Administrator Logs: All actions performed on ACP are logged on Administrator Logs
  • Member History: an entry will be added to the member history when they confirm the email address on public side
  • New members will have their email addresses confirmed once they validate the account

This resource will have its price increased to $10 tomorrow, so if you're willing to buy it, do it now. :)

Glad I bought it now ;)

The only thing missing from this for me, is forcing members to validate/update their (email) account to prevent bouncing emails. Currently the way it works, you basically have to take them at their word that their email is up-to-date.

I have quite a few members confirmed already :)

1. Minor suggestion - encourage you to move the app settings to Members tab (instead of Community tab)

2. Show on frontend - I wasn't able to get it to trigger on either my Administrator account or regular member account.  I added the widget to all of my indexes.  Any way to trigger it?  

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

2. Show on frontend - I wasn't able to get it to trigger on either my Administrator account or regular member account.  I added the widget to all of my indexes.  Any way to trigger it?  

It's a widget; you need to drag & drop to where you want it to show. Not sure what you're requesting. Can you elaborate? Trigger?

And it doesn't show to admins as admins can't change their email on front-end.

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It's a widget; you need to drag & drop to where you want it to show. Not sure what you're requesting. Can you elaborate? Trigger?

And it doesn't show to admins as admins can't change their email on front-end.

Ah that's why.  I was testing it on accounts that had Administrator as secondary membergroup.

I tested on a regular member and I'm able to see the block.  

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know. Not a complaint, not expecting a quick solution. ?
The app creates errors on 4.3. 

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\emailconfirmation\extensions\core\MemberSync\_emailConfirmation::onLogin(), 1 passed and exactly 2 expected (0)

12 hours ago, opentype said:

Just to let you know. Not a complaint, not expecting a quick solution. ?
The app creates errors on 4.3. 

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\emailconfirmation\extensions\core\MemberSync\_emailConfirmation::onLogin(), 1 passed and exactly 2 expected (0)

If you want to try the app on 4.3, just open applications\emailconfirmation\extensions\core\MemberSync\emailConfirmation.php and find:

public function onLogin( $member, $returnUrl )
	{
	}

Change to:

public function onLogin( $member )
	{
	}

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...