Email Address Confirmation

On 2/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, Adriano Faria said:

New version (today later) will confirm email address when they validated the account. :)

Would it be possible to also automatically confirm email addresses of all new accounts that have been created via Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.? These kind of account email addresses are not validated by the IPS system, so these new users are being asked to confirm their email immediately after signing up. We can assume their email is confirmed if the account was registered within the timespan set in your app. Thanks for this great tool!

• 7 months later...

Adriano, buddy!

Suggestion; possible to add a 'custom field' for adding where we want the app to redirect to, as of now it goes directly to the 'terms' page of the site. or at least an option to return back to previous page person was on where they did the update; at very least allow us to chose terms or main community page. 

I would love you , ah hell I already do, your work is phenomenal. 

Thanks for hearing me out.

• 3 months later...

Hmm, after confirming the terms page doesn't load (blank page).

https://www.mysite.com/terms/?do=emailconfirmationUpdateMember&mid=78&csrfKey=long_numberic_string&wasConfirmed=1

Refreshing the page loads the following:

Sorry, there is a problem

This email address is already confirmed

Error code: EMAIL ADDRESS CONFIRMATION/1

The confirmations are logged in the ACP as expected 👍 and the block is cleared from the source page on the front end as expected 👍

4.4.3 on both Chrome and Safari. 

Edited by bradl
1 minute ago, bradl said:

Hmm, after confirming the terms page doesn't load (blank page).

https://www.mysite.com/terms/?do=emailconfirmationUpdateMember&mid=78&csrfKey=long_numberic_string&wasConfirmed=1

Refreshing the page loads the following:

The confirmations are logged in the ACP as expected 👍 and the block is cleared from the source page on the front end as expected 👍

4.4.3 on both Chrome and Safari. 

I’ll take a look. 

What's New in Version 1.2.0:

Fix:

• Fix an issue related to the widget redirect under specific server configuration

Enhancement:

• Script optimization due to new marketplace guidelines
    • drop columns from members table and use own table to store members preferences

IPS 4.4 compatibility ONLY!

----------------------------------------------------

For NEW install of this app:

• After install this application, go to Admin CP Dashboard and take a look in the Background Process block. If you see the following:

zMTUJ03.png

it's enough to click in the link (yellow part above) and the install will finish properly.

Hey Adriano,

After updating to the latest version, the task locks up and I receive this error when I try to run it manually:

SELECT * FROM `core_members` WHERE emailconfirmation_confirmed=1
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'emailconfirmation_confirmed' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 /home/***/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\emailconf...', Array, true)
#1 /home/***/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/***/public_html/applications/emailconfirmation/tasks/emailConfirmation.php(39): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/***/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\emailconfirmation\tasks\_emailConfirmation->execute()
#4 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(709): IPS\_Task->run()
#5 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#6 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#8 /home/***/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

App version 1.2.0 running on Invision 4.4.3

Edited by Alismora
  • 2 years later...

Locked Task: emailConfirmation

One of the routine maintenance tasks which run in the background has failed several times, which may indicate a configuration issue.

• Application/Plugin
    Email Address Confirmation
  • Task
    emailConfirmation
    Update display of widget to update email address
  • Last Run
    Never

You should check the logs for any indication of the issue or attempt to run it manually. If the task does not run successfully you should contact the author of the application/plugin for further assistance.

Running task manually doesn't fix the error and nothing in Tasks Log

Running Forum v4.6.3 and Email Address Confirmation v1.2.2

Forum database has been converted from MyISAM to InnoDB as per Invision Support Tool recommendation (as it was mixed before).

I have gotten that message too.

At the moment the task lists shows it has Never run. Running manually it says "running" for a while and when I come back it says Never run again. I tried to rerun it to get a clear timestamp to look for in the error logs but when I attempt to rerun it manually again I get "2C124/2 The task is already running and cannot be ran until it has finished or the lock is removed." 

The newest System Log entry for what it's worth is a series similar to this:

SELECT count(*) FROM `ibf_core_tasks_log` AS `core_tasks_log` WHERE task= IS NULLask=4281
IPS\Db\Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IS NULLask=?' at line 1 (1064)
#0 /var/www/html/106117/system/Db/Select.php(383): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*r240456::r240...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/html/106117/system/Db/Select.php(441): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/html/106117/system/Db/Select.php(365): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/html/106117/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(322): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /var/www/html/106117/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(489): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/106117/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(857): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /var/www/html/106117/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->taskLogs()
#7 /var/www/html/106117/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/106117/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/106117/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

(I am on CiC account if relevant.)

Edited by bradl
  • 1 month later...

Would it be possible to add more filtering to the members who are shown the message, rather than just using member groups? Specifically, what we'd be interested in would be a time since joined filter - as we don't think it's too worthwhile showing the prompt to someone who has recently joined. So for instance, we could filter it so someone who's joined <365 days ago wouldn't see it?

Edited by Dll
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Thank you so much for being a client!

The Invision Community Marketplace is closing on October 30, 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site www.sosinvision.com.br.

You will find information on my website www.sosinvision.com.br:

Bookmark https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.