Jump to content

Community

TAMAN

Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, bobovski said:

Hello @TAMAN , I've just  purchased your theme and i love it. I have a question. Can i upload Video Clips in Sliders or to watch Youtube Clips ?

Second problem . The translation is not working for me . I tried to Translate to Bulgarian but is still in English 

Hello,

You cant use videos in the slider 

and whatever translation is you talking about it has nothing to do with themes 

 

have a good day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello just wondering if you know how to fix this bug of the slider going smaller than the overal theme when you minimize your browser instead of full screen.

slider2.thumb.png.2fdb470c9b121521038180547e4efd2f.png

Thanks:wub:

Edited by Lucas James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucas James said:

Hello just wondering if you know how to fix this bug of the slider going smaller than the overal theme when you minimize your browser instead of full screen.

slider2.thumb.png.2fdb470c9b121521038180547e4efd2f.png

Thanks:wub:

This is due to the sidebar width on ips theme uses max width and min width by default not a bug tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TAMAN could you help with the following error:

Capture.thumb.PNG.720ea5f43f250cc00dc2f38bb058d518.PNG

I have the latest update for IPS as well as your newest update.  This is on a FRESH install of the theme.  I have done no work to any of the theme files or altered anything else.  This happened after applying your last template update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pilotguy said:

@TAMAN could you help with the following error:

Capture.thumb.PNG.720ea5f43f250cc00dc2f38bb058d518.PNG

I have the latest update for IPS as well as your newest update.  This is on a FRESH install of the theme.  I have done no work to any of the theme files or altered anything else.  This happened after applying your last template update.

Does it happen to default theme? i haven't edited "widgetContainer" template at all 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, pilotguy said:

Yes sir.

Not my problem then :) 

you should file a ticket but don't mention anything about custom themes in the ticket 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Not my problem then :) 

you should file a ticket but don't mention anything about custom themes in the ticket 

I actually found the problem and fixed.  

Suggestion and please do not take this the wrong way:

52 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Not my problem then

You sell a product and as such, I am one of your customers.  If I were to walk into my local business with an issue, EVEN if it was something they couldn't fix, I would be god smacked if they looked at me, even with a smile and said "Not my problem then."  In fact I would never return to that business.  Now granted, I'm sure there is something lost to translation here and you certainly don't mean it to sound as rude as it does but perhaps in the future instead of "Not my problem then" you could simply say "Unfortunately this isn't due to the THEME.  I'm sorry I wish I could help"  Ultimately I'm looking out for your interest here because you do really great work and I would hate to see you lose potential business in the future because of a perceived lack of caring.  Call me old school.  I pay attention to these things :) 

Anyway thanks for the quick replies though!  Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pilotguy said:

You sell a product and as such, I am one of your customers.  If I were to walk into my local business with an issue, EVEN if it was something they couldn't fix, I would be god smacked if they looked at me, even with a smile and said "Not my problem then."  In fact I would never return to that business.  Now granted, I'm sure there is something lost to translation here and you certainly don't mean it to sound as rude as it does but perhaps in the future instead of "Not my problem then" you could simply say "Unfortunately this isn't due to the THEME.  I'm sorry I wish I could help"  Ultimately I'm looking out for your interest here because you do really great work and I would hate to see you lose potential business in the future because of a perceived lack of caring.  Call me old school.  I pay attention to these things :) 

Anyway thanks for the quick replies though!  Cheers.

I'm so sorry, I thought its just a quick and simple answer to say that it has nothing to do with with the theme i have made and you should report to ips.  thats all, i meant no disrespect or being rude 

Believe me i'm still learning English, i will surly check and think before posting this time and again so sorry.

 

Let me know if i can help on anything else

Have a good day and happy new year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I'm so sorry, I thought its just a quick and simple answer to say that it has nothing to do with with the theme i have made and you should report to ips.  thats all, i meant no disrespect or being rude 

Believe me i'm still learning English, i will surly check and think before posting this time and again so sorry.

 

Let me know if i can help on anything else

Have a good day and happy new year.

 

you didn't come over as rude to me @TAMAN you are a decent developer and person.

Edited by Serayah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I'm so sorry, I thought its just a quick and simple answer to say that it has nothing to do with with the theme i have made and you should report to ips.  thats all, i meant no disrespect or being rude 

Believe me i'm still learning English, i will surly check and think before posting this time and again so sorry.

 

Let me know if i can help on anything else

Have a good day and happy new year.

 

I didn't mean for you to apologize and I understand that English is not everyone's first language.  I merely meant to point out how what seems innocent over text can seem a bit rude.  I KNOW you were not being rude.  

9 minutes ago, Serayah said:

you are a decent developer and person.

I agree 1000% which is why I brought it up.  I think @TAMAN deserves as much business and positive reputation as possible.  His themes are the first I've stuck with for as long as I have, and without mentioning names he had some pretty stiff competition.  I want TAMAN to have the best REP possible so I was simply pointing out how it COULD be perceived.  

I think I need to apologize actually.  All I meant was to be helpful.  TAMAN, you do not need to apologize sir.  

Anyway to you as well, may the New Year bring you great and further success! 

Back to "support topic" :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Serayah said:

you didn't come over as rude to me @TAMAN you are a decent developer and person.

Just now, pilotguy said:

I didn't mean for you to apologize and I understand that English is not everyone's first language.  I merely meant to point out how what seems innocent over text can seem a bit rude.  I KNOW you were not being rude.  

I agree 1000% which is why I brought it up.  I think @TAMAN deserves as much business and positive reputation as possible.  His themes are the first I've stuck with for as long as I have, and without mentioning names he had some pretty stiff competition.  I want TAMAN to have the best REP possible so I was simply pointing out how it COULD be perceived.  

I think I need to apologize actually.  All I meant was to be helpful.  TAMAN, you do not need to apologize sir.  

Anyway to you as well, may the New Year bring you great and further success! 

Back to "support topic" :) 

I appreciate your kind words, thank you :) 

 

Cheers!

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 3:46 PM, TAMAN said:

This is due to the sidebar width on ips theme uses max width and min width by default not a bug tho

So, how to fix this? Any custom CSS or alternative please?

Or any edits in some template bits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lucas James said:

So, how to fix this? Any custom CSS or alternative please?

Or any edits in some template bits?

Sure, any link so i can check?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, mz_ said:

Having this issue with links doing this on any kind of refresh of the page after just "updating" the theme.

https://imgur.com/a/YCvJe

I have no idea what the screenshot is about!

Can you explain what the issue is?

The theme works fine here, Try to disable the apps and plugins AND your theme customizations to check 

 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tzrtim said:

Hi, How do you change the icons colour on the top right? I've attached screenshot.

icon.png

Hi,

What icon exactly! user bar icons? if so, there is a color setting in theme settings Header tab named "Userbar font color" you can change it from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @TAMAN,

Not quite related specifically to the theme, but I hope you know how to do this.

I'm looking to get different areas of my website to use specific themes, but haven't so far found info on how to do that. 

I saw that I can check for the user's current location like so:

{{if $location['app'] == 'forums' and $location['module'] == 'forums' and $location['controller'] == 'topic'}}
Code 
{{endif}}  

but I haven't found how to tell the system to use a specific theme. Would greatly appreciate your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×