Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

1 hour ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @TAMAN, just purchased this :)

I excluded the slider on all page views except Forums: Index.

But the slider still appears forum index inside a club. Is there a way to exclude it from forums inside clubs too?

My settings:

slider.thumb.png.139a15cc53ba76e37605e287d5af5df9.png

Unfortunately, It is technically still forums 

but i will take a look and see if i can do something about it :) 

1 hour ago, Optic14 said:

Thanks @TAMAN

I also have another question.

Where can I adjust the colours for the rating column for each answer in a "Questions" type forum? 

5982a91115482_ScreenShot2017-08-03at12_38_21pm.thumb.png.4916b65fe3a92a09929d743400c8f112.png

There is no setting for that and looks like i have forgot to change the color LOL

anyways i will fix it in next version, the color should be connected to 

Light area background color setting :) 

for now add this to custom.css

.cRatingColumn_on { background: #212224; }

8 hours ago, The Asian said:

Hey @TAMAN love this theme. Is there a way I can set a group to only access the Sliders/News Ticker while not giving them reign over the rest of the theme file?

Hello,

Yes it is possible 

The main slider have "Who can see" setting 

6e1b317454e5cf176707abae1340b15e.png

also same for each of the slides and news ticker :) 

Thanks @TAMAN for your prompt responses.

Also a few other small issues I noticed on mobile responsive:

1. Reactions selection for first post is being partially covered by call to action button:

reaction-issue.jpg.38a9c02a1c50163cf1c67cb8b58a12e1.jpg

On default theme:
reaction-default.jpg.ee86ab162edac5ea9739b33d3fe07483.jpg

2. Something is causing a horizontal scrollbar to appear in mobile responsive (as a result on mobile it is also zoomed in slightly due to the scrollbar) if a quote exists inside the topic.

Also padding on right side of quote box is smaller compared to left side (not even)

quote-issue.jpg.d56b1f6bc5ca2a76efdf1e19907da0a3.jpg

On default theme this looks OK:
default-horizontal.jpg.2bd43a5472e62f5a9a70b3255359d5cf.jpg

3. Padding on right side of images looks smaller compared to left side (not even)

image-issue.jpg.975c211a0db5ce824380b140a8534fef.jpg

If you can advise how to fix the above mobile responsive issues that would be great. :)

Everything else looks good on normal desktop view.

28 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

1. Reactions selection for first post is being partially covered by call to action button:

38 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

2. Something is causing a horizontal scrollbar to appear in mobile responsive (as a result on mobile it is also zoomed in slightly due to the scrollbar) if a quote exists inside the topic.

Thanks for notcing i will fix by next version :) 

for now add these to custom.css to fix, you can remove it in on next theme update

@media screen and (max-width: 767px){html[dir] .cPost .ipsComment_content {padding-left: 10px !important;padding-right: 10px!important;}
.ipsApp .ipsButton:not(.ipsCoverPhoto_button) {z-index: 1!important;}

as for number 3, What is "Images" exactly? is that a topic? gallery app? any link to check?

3 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

For number 3 - it is an image inside a forum post (just like I did in my post above)

Its the same issue as what causes the horizontal scrollbar to appear and it is fixed along with the css i posted :) 

let me know if you any other issue

Edited by TAMAN
6 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Thanks @TAMAN

The CSS fixes the issues on mobile responsive, but now on normal desktop it seems many colours are missing including the page and post background images:

image-desktop-issue.thumb.jpg.9655c393d7c4a4a5a3440b27680b44db.jpg

If I remove the code it goes back to normal.

Sorry sorry, I missed to close the css LOL

this should be fine now

@media screen and (max-width: 767px){html[dir] .cPost .ipsComment_content {padding-left: 10px !important;padding-right: 10px!important;}}
.ipsApp .ipsButton:not(.ipsCoverPhoto_button) {z-index: 1!important;}

Just bought this theme and I can't wait to dive in and figure out how to take advantage of all of it's features.  For now, I have the simplest of questions.  Where do I edit the title?  My forum is brand new and it says Invision Community at the top.  I've checked every tab in the editor and I guess I'm overlooking it.

23 minutes ago, Reagan2791 said:

Just bought this theme and I can't wait to dive in and figure out how to take advantage of all of it's features.  For now, I have the simplest of questions.  Where do I edit the title?  My forum is brand new and it says Invision Community at the top.  I've checked every tab in the editor and I guess I'm overlooking it.

Hello,

Site name is not in theme editing.

You need to change it here

ACP > System > General configuration > Site Name

Enjoy! 

Edited by TAMAN

I realized that a few minutes after posting.  I'm a little rusty.  :)

I have a new issue this morning, although I really don't think it's related to the theme.  This is a brand new forum that has had nothing done to it.  Last night, the theme was fine.  Today when I opened the website, the slider was stuck on loading.  Well, I proceeded to install the free latest edition of the Chatbox from the Marketplace, and it's doing the exact same thing.  So, I'm thinking it's on IPB's end, but then I check your demo and another site and the slider is working fine.  I posted a support ticket but I'm not sure what the issue is.

Loading.jpg

3 minutes ago, Reagan2791 said:

I realized that a few minutes after posting.  I'm a little rusty.  :)

I have a new issue this morning, although I really don't think it's related to the theme.  This is a brand new forum that has had nothing done to it.  Last night, the theme was fine.  Today when I opened the website, the slider was stuck on loading.  Well, I proceeded to install the free latest edition of the Chatbox from the Marketplace, and it's doing the exact same thing.  So, I'm thinking it's on IPB's end, but then I check your demo and another site and the slider is working fine.  I posted a support ticket but I'm not sure what the issue is.

Loading.jpg

Try to run support tool 

ACP > System > Support > Something isn't working correctly

Or post your website link, i can take a look :) 

21 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Try to run support tool 

ACP > System > Support > Something isn't working correctly

Or post your website link, i can take a look :) 

I ran the support tool and didn't have any luck.  The website is drtgaming.net.  I can send you access through pm if you need it.

Ah, ok. Nice.  One more thing for now.  Just reply when you have time.

I've noticed that when using the default forum markers, they change to blue when there is a new post.  That's perfect.  However, when you create a new forum, IPB gives you the option to use a custom forum marker.  When I do use a custom marker, there isn't currently an automatic adjustment that fades them or gives them any transparency when there are no new posts.  So, when there are new posts, you can't tell by the forum marker.  I know it's possible to do because I have another theme installed that this works on.  In other words, I upload my custom marker in full color but it automatically displays as faded or grayed out until there's a new post.  When there's a new post, it appears in full color.  Is this something that would be much trouble to modify?