Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

Just now, Nakamura0114 said:

Hi @TAMAN,

Not quite related specifically to the theme, but I hope you know how to do this.

I'm looking to get different areas of my website to use specific themes, but haven't so far found info on how to do that. 

I saw that I can check for the user's current location like so:

{{if $location['app'] == 'forums' and $location['module'] == 'forums' and $location['controller'] == 'topic'}}
Code 
{{endif}}  

but I haven't found how to tell the system to use a specific theme. Would greatly appreciate your help!

Hi,

You can check by theme ID number

{{if \IPS\Theme::i()->id == '1'}}
sdfsdfsdfasdf
{{endif}}

@TAMAN  Hi there, I love your theme. I have a pre-sales question(s). The one thing that is sort of stopping me is the slider.

slider.thumb.png.39487b4f7fe9a4601986cf8d790a262f.png

Question 1: It is really large and takes up a lot of space and the images are not relevant to our RPG (and we do not really have images to replace it with). I understand if we were to disable it it would leave a blank space there the same size (from what I read in earlier posts). Is there any way to both disable and collapse it so it was if it doesn't exist? So that news ticker is showing up right below the top menu, leaving no gap?

(We have a ton of forums as it is, so we are trying to make our site less busy as possible, and not require users to scroll down to get to the action. We already have to many official announcements and rules and other forums on top before the actual scenario forums. When we upgraded recently to 4.2.x we lost all of our themes and so we are looking for a replacement options until our our default gets upgraded to 4.3 and then we will have multiple themes for users to choose from once again. Perhaps this would become our default. https://nexus.eotir.com )

Question 2: Would we be able to put in a single image header in place of the slider that is smaller, making the space it takes up in height less, for example our community logo and name in an image file) below the menu), and then bring the news ticker tucked in right below it so there is no gap?

Just now, Ryan M said:

Question 1: It is really large and takes up a lot of space and the images are not relevant to our RPG (and we do not really have images to replace it with). I understand if we were to disable it it would leave a blank space there the same size (from what I read in earlier posts). Is there any way to both disable and collapse it so it was if it doesn't exist? So that news ticker is showing up right below the top menu, leaving no gap?

That was an issue with the theme and it is been fixed decades ago :) if you disable the slider it wont show anywhere on your website.

Just now, Ryan M said:

(We have a ton of forums as it is, so we are trying to make our site less busy as possible, and not require users to scroll down to get to the action. We already have to many official announcements and rules and other forums on top before the actual scenario forums. When we upgraded recently to 4.2.x we lost all of our themes and so we are looking for a replacement options until our our default gets upgraded to 4.3 and then we will have multiple themes for users to choose from once again. Perhaps this would become our default. https://nexus.eotir.com )

You can exclude the slider from showing on some pages ;) 

384d4bc67f17997fe2cb84feef83d758.png

You can also select which applications to show the slider 

d91d98492d58ddf58dc621923ced2bc8.png

2 minutes ago, Ryan M said:

Question 2: Would we be able to put in a single image header in place of the slider that is smaller, making the space it takes up in height less, for example our community logo and name in an image file) below the menu), and then bring the news ticker tucked in right below it so there is no gap?

There is no header image but you can use the slider

and it is simple, You can enable only one slider and leave the ( Title, Content, buttons ) filed empty this way only the slider Image appears, and then in the slider settings set the slider height however you want :)  i have seen another client does the same thing.

In Behemoth theme, the header image settings is available, for example if a page doesnt show the slider or if the slider is disable then the header image shows :) 

Hello again @TAMAN,

I noticed that the "flaps" on the forums that open/close as you hover over/past them on the index page do not work when you are on a page below the index level, for example, when I go into a forum that is a subforum inside a category, and then later when I go out of it, I find that I am somehow in the "index" (or subindex) or the category page instead of the main forum index, where it is only displaying the forums in that category. And when I hover my mouse over or past the forums inside the flaps that flip over (open/close) don't animate on this screen, but only animate on the main index. Is this a mini-bug or an intentional design?

Please see what I mean: https://nexus.eotir.com/forum/84-in-character/  versus https://nexus.eotir.com/ or see if you can see it on the video below, but the real thing is at the URLs mentioned.

Edited by Ryan M
Just now, Ryan M said:

Hello again @TAMAN,

I noticed that the "flaps" on the forums that open/close as you hover over/past them on the index page do not work when you are on a page below the index level, for example, when I go into a forum that is a subforum inside a category, and then later when I go out of it, I find that I am somehow in the "index" (or subindex) or the category page instead of the main forum index, where it is only displaying the forums in that category. And when I hover my mouse over or past the forums inside the flaps that flip over (open/close) don't animate on this screen, but only animate on the main index. Is this a mini-bug or an intentional design?

Please see what I mean: https://nexus.eotir.com/forum/84-in-character/  versus https://nexus.eotir.com/ or see if you can see it on the video below, but the real thing is at the URLs mentioned.

Hello,

This is not a bug, i simply wanted to show the animated sliding hover to be on index forums page only. 

But i will tweak the css on the next theme update that comes for IPS 4.3 :) the animation will be same for index and categories page

@TAMAN

I've set my theme's width to Fluid: 90%

1. I'm using slider images with 1000x300px. What should be the slider image dimensions (Width x Height px) so that it fits properly inside the slider without cutting of image from sides? If there is no fixed formula, then suggest the optimum dimensions for slider settings as well as for the slider images.

2. The slider does resize on Tablet/Mobile view, however, it does not adapt to the Width/Height of the slider image, in-fact the slider height becomes more than the width. Also, the image cut from the sides. So, it seems NOT to be a proper Responsive slider.

I've tried numerous theme settings, image sizes, custom CSS, but can't achieve that.

Note: Your Swiper Slider app seems to be a good app though but seems its a full-width slider (not fits within the theme like Dreadnought integral slider), and also I can't see any button settings.

hello,

3 hours ago, Lucas James said:

1. I'm using slider images with 1000x300px. What should be the slider image dimensions (Width x Height px) so that it fits properly inside the slider without cutting of image from sides? If there is no fixed formula, then suggest the optimum dimensions for slider settings as well as for the slider images.

If your theme width is set to fluid then the width will always change depending on your screen width, there is no way to tell a width for the slider like that, thats the reason the slider must handle the image responsiveness by cutting edges or zooming ...etc to fit in its container 

but i would say that 1000x300px is too small, set it to 1920x300 at least, becasue 1920 is most common screen width :)

2. The slider does resize on Tablet/Mobile view, however, it does not adapt to the Width/Height of the slider image, in-fact the slider height becomes more than the width. Also, the image cut from the sides. So, it seems NOT to be a proper Responsive slider.

I've tried numerous theme settings, image sizes, custom CSS, but can't achieve that.

The slider dimensions on mobiles and tablets is set to auto, it will automatically adapt depending on the slider contents and not the images 

Note: Your Swiper Slider app seems to be a good app though but seems its a full-width slider (not fits within the theme like Dreadnought integral slider), and also I can't see any button settings.

Dreadnought is designed to be a boxed layout theme, using the full width option on the swiper slider app with themes like Dreadnought is messy, its only good for themes like the default IPS theme :) 

In the swiper slider app use the auto width in so it adapts to your theme width

and if you have issues with the application please use the swiper slider support topic 

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 2.1.5

• IPS 4.3 support.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
  • Some settings have been deprecated on this version for example, ( Body background attachment, Hiding social links on header and footer,).
  • Updated SwiperSlider to latest version.

• Color settings for ipsMenu "Drop-Down menus" has been separated from navigation menu colors, These color settings are in Front-End tab by titles like ( ipsMenu background, ipsMenu background hover, ...etc ).
  • Added ( Color overlay ) effect setting for swiperslider.
  • Added a toggle to show/hide settings related to body background image.

• All Pages templates for the Slider, Footer, News Ticker has been updated and changed in this version. installation and using them are well explained in the theme setting when you try to enable it ? 

• Some colors of the white & dark version of the theme has have been changed, You can take a look at demo pages to check the changes.
    If you haven't customized theme colors then please use the Palette feature to take the updated colors, Simply click on the white or dark options (whichever the one you use) and save ? Remember this options will revert and replace ALL your color settings with default colors. don't use it if you have customized theme color settings.

How to update?

ACP --> Customization ---> Themes

uploadanewversion-min.png

Just now, AlexWright said:

@TAMAN - Awesome update! I've looked through the entire thing, and found only one thing that may need to be looked at. Gallery's light-box:

(Otherwise fantastic updates to all your themes!)

image.thumb.png.2715d52a66ce69abd8e388bd633ba5c5.png

Thank you

I will take a look and let you know it needs to be fixed ? 

Edit:

@AlexWright I just updated the files in marketplace, so just re-download and update ? no changes on version number.

Thank you for letting me know. 

Edited by TAMAN

Hello, I just updated from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5 and I get this error:

[[Template core/front/global/quickSearch does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do to fix it?

Thanks!

Edited by Alex.OS
14 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Thank you

I will take a look and let you know it needs to be fixed ? 

Edit:

@AlexWright I just updated the files in marketplace, so just re-download and update ? no changes on version number.

Thank you for letting me know. 

Found one more area that might need a touch-up in gallery. This is on uploads when choosing where to place the images.

Screenshot_20180418-130157_Chrome.jpg

Just now, AlexWright said:

Found one more area that might need a touch-up in gallery. This is on uploads when choosing where to place the images.

Yep, i found that right after when i uploaded ? 

decided to wait and do a full explore 

Thank you.

10 hours ago, AlexWright said:

Throw this in the top of your ta_base.css file in the meantime to make it easier to look at:

.cGalleryChooseAlbum_listItem {
background:#1E1F20;
}

Just now, jmw253 said:

Throw this in the top of your ta_base.css file in the meantime to make it easier to look at:

.cGalleryChooseAlbum_listItem {
background:#1E1F20;
}

I will use theme color settings ? 

also, try to use custom.css instead of the ta_base.css because this template has to be updated between versions and you will lose your customizations if you have done to this file.

21 hours ago, Alex.OS said:

Hello, I just updated from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5 and I get this error:

[[Template core/front/global/quickSearch does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do to fix it?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I will use theme color settings ? 

also, try to use custom.css instead of the ta_base.css because this template has to be updated between versions and you will lose your customizations if you have done to this file.

When I update the theme with your fix in that file I might forget it's in custom.css. So, no harm in putting it in ta_base.css, as it will be removed automatically upon next update.

Hey @TAMAN, I just upgraded to IPS 4.2.9 and Dreadnought Theme 2.1.6 and I am getting this error message at the top of my website.

Era of the Imperial Republic RPG - website top issue

Just now, Ryan M said:

Hey @TAMAN, I just upgraded to IPS 4.2.9 and Dreadnought Theme 2.1.6 and I am getting this error message at the top of my website.

Era of the Imperial Republic RPG - website top issue

Hello,

The latest theme version works only with latest IPS version, so, you will need to upgrade your website to latest 4.3 to use the new update of the theme.

otherwise, if you dont want to update your website yet, then you would need to downgrade the theme version to earlier versions because there are new templates added by IPS to 4.3 version which does not exist in 4.2

To downgrade the theme version please go to dreadnought theme in marketplace and click on see channellog

and download the 2.1.4 version which should work with ips 4.2 ? 

93186bb900d5370696849c27fde27e65.png