Contact Us Improvements

Daddy

Recently, I discovered that the contact us feature shipped with IPB 4.0 is email-based which is a headache for me. I try to avoid email as much as possible due to the amount of spam my servers are hit with so my suggestion is instead of it being email based, there should be a section under moderatorCP that posts contact us tickets in a thread rather than email. This will also allow forum owners to assign groups to also be able to process contact us tickets.

• Management

Commerce has a support system and I would prefer, if anything, to pipe contact requests through that if preferred. I don't think we'd be interested in creating another section just for that. 

3 hours ago, Lindy said:

Commerce has a support system and I would prefer, if anything, to pipe contact requests through that if preferred. I don't think we'd be interested in creating another section just for that. 

But and its a very big 'but' for me, non-logged in members can not use the support feature in commerce!

So how do people get in touch who have joining or logging in problems without you having to setup and use yet another 'support' type 'contact' feature ?

4 hours ago, sound said:

But and its a very big 'but' for me, non-logged in members can not use the support feature in commerce!

So how do people get in touch who have joining or logging in problems without you having to setup and use yet another 'support' type 'contact' feature ?

As Lindy stated, Commerce has an email piping system which will allow any emails sent to an email address go straight into a created ticket. They don't have to use the support ticket system to submit one ;) 

13 minutes ago, Jim M said:

As Lindy stated, Commerce has an email piping system which will allow any emails sent to an email address go straight into a created ticket. They don't have to use the support ticket system to submit one ;) 

its still 2 separate methods though and not very admin friendly imo

surely the 'logical' and also the 'easiest' thing would be to simply allow the site owner to allow  'non-members'  to submit tickets ?

why has this not been done yet ?

23 hours ago, Lindy said:

I was hoping for a more moderator-friendly system to allow my mods to answer contact us requests without having to access the ACP.

4 hours ago, iDeath said:

I was hoping for a more moderator-friendly system to allow my mods to answer contact us requests without having to access the ACP.

So basically just having the ability to do support tickets from the frontend is what we are looking for? @Lindy that's what i'm understanding from reading a few of the replies.

On 7/8/2016 at 6:56 AM, iDeath said:

This will also allow forum owners to assign groups to also be able to process contact us tickets.

you can already do that by assigning the proper admin perm, then assigning them their department.

• 2 months later...

Archived