Links Directory

On 4/14/2017 at 4:30 PM, Adriano Faria said:

If you uninstalled, then you lost your data. You should have requested support before doing that.

Do you have a backup ? If you still have it, send a dump from links_ tables so I can retest the upgrade stuff; it always worked and it was used for a bunch of users here.

It seems that in the end it was an issue on my part. Everything seems to work now. @Adriano Faria was more than helpful with support. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bluto said:

For some reason the rating stars aren't working on my board v4.1.19.4

I tried rating with several different members and none of the ratings seems to be taking.

Ratings are working in the forum app.

Yeah, it seems something has changed; it shows that you rate X starts of 5 but when you reload the page, it doesn't save and shows as it has no rating. Anyway, there won't be a new version for 4.1.X. The new version for IPS 4.2, as you can see in 3 posts above yours, is ready and it will change the rating stuff to meet the community patterns. Ratings now will be given via Reviews, just like all other apps (Downloads, Gallery, etc).

If you're tweaking stuff for the directory, it would be great to have an option to show the featured on the main page of the directory.  Right now, it's new, affiliated, and random.  People paying to be featured would love to be on the main page.  Maybe having a bigger block with some of the text from the featured entry on the main page to make the featured stand out.

Just a suggestion.  :)

Edited by Bluto
1 hour ago, Bluto said:

If you're tweaking stuff for the directory, it would be great to have an option to show the featured on the main page of the directory.  Right now, it's new, affiliated, and random.  People paying to be featured would love to be on the main page.  Maybe having a bigger block with some of the text from the featured entry on the main page to make the featured stand out.

Just a suggestion.  :)

Something like featured files in Downloads index?

Just now, TheSonic said:

Would love to test it... 

Nice. I'll post the app tomorrow in the support board. :)

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Something like featured files in Downloads index?

Yea.  I wasn't thinking a slider, but that would be even nicer.  

If there was an additional option to pay to be featured that would allow me to charge people to get featured.  Honestly, I don't really use the paid links.  No one would add links if they had to pay for them... but that's just in my case.  People aren't going to pay upfront if they don't know how the link is going to perform.  Like ads, people what to have some idea how their ad is going to do before spending money on placing the ad.

I'd rather allow people to add links for free and then get them to pay to feature the link once they see how their link performs as a regular non-featured link.

Additionally, if "paid to feature" was open to anyone - any member of the site - it would promote fans of the link to pay to be featured.  Just a button in the link allowing anyone to pay to feature the link.  Sometimes people want to pay to promote the link who aren't the owners of the link but just fans.  Say someone was running a gaming site and the link was to something which was free.  A member of the community could pay to promote the link on his own and wouldn't have to own the link in the directory.  Allowing this also promotes competition between competing links.  If the Ford link was featured, some Chevy guy might pay to feature a Chevy link.  Removing the barrier to who can pay for the featured link, could lead to more owners and non-owners of the link paying to get it featured.

@Bluto, I'll take a look to see if I can still do it for final.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links Directory 5.1.0 (IPS 4.2 only) available for download: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/files/

Credentials:

• username: your username here on IPS
  • password: your email here on IPS

To download, you must:

• be a client for this app here on IPS
  • have an active licence for this app here on IPS

If you don't have an account there, feel free to reply here or send a PM. . I'll create the account if you meet the both items above.

1 minute ago, Bluto said:

If you have a manually uploaded thumbnail and you edit the entry, after you edit the entry the manually uploaded thumbnail is removed and the org thumbnail displays.

Are you reporting a bug? If yes, you know where the Tracker is.

Edited by Adriano Faria