Links Directory

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We have just got round to using this and added a facebook and a twitter link#

Both of them are NOT showing thumbnails and in the error log we have errors like this

01/05/2017 04:07 PMlinksIPS\Http\Request\CurlException (28) Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

When opening up the errors we have the following info in backtrace field

#0 /home/public_html/chat/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(280): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /home/public_html/chat/applications/links/sources/Screenshot/Api/Webthumbnail.php(40): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get()
#2 /home/public_html/chat/applications/links/sources/Screenshot/Screenshot.php(69): IPS\links\Screenshot\Api\_Webthumbnail->cacheThumb()
#3 /home/public_html/chat/applications/links/sources/Link/Link.php(481): IPS\links\_Screenshot->getImage()
#4 /home/public_html/chat/system/Patterns/ActiveRecordIterator.php(52): IPS\links\_Link::constructFromData(Array)
#5 /home/public_html//chat/system/Theme/Theme.php(760) : eval()'d code(1536): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecordIterator->current()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_links_front_browse->index(Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Array, Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#7 /home/public_html/chat/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /home/public_html//chat/applications/links/modules/front/links/browse.php(82): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('index', Array)
#9 /home/public_html//chat/applications/links/modules/front/links/browse.php(82): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->index(Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Array, Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#10 /home/public_html/chat/applications/links/modules/front/links/browse.php(38): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_browse->_index()
#11 /home/public_html/chat/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_browse->manage()
#12 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/public_html/chat/init.php(443) : eval()'d code(14): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#14 /home/public_html//chat/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\hook26->execute()
#15 /home/public_html/chat/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

I would be it is something related to Webthumbnail. It comes acting weird from time to time.

Webthumbnail:

Capturar.png

No thumb and the page remains loading for a while...

Capturar1.png

- This one is from sneak.pw; works as it should. As FB requires login, it doesn't show the page.

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

Saw an earlier post and swapped to using sneak.pw and it seems to be working

We're almost posted together. :)

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

is there any downside to using sneak.pw compared to webthumbnail?

Not that I'm aware, no.

I have another problem which occured after I upgraded to IPB version 4 and began using the new Links Directory : many links no longer work... I get an error message :

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2LDVIEW/2

The stats say I have 528 links... I checked in the database and saw like they do exist.

So I tried to find out more looking at a link which doesn't work :

For example, the url looks like this :

mywebsite/links/link/2-des-idées-d39activités-en-arts-plastiques-sur-rustrelfreefr/

I see numbers (39) and accentuated characters (é)

In the database, for the above example, I have this :

link_pb.png

It seems like the problem is linked to the characters in the url ?...

How can I fix this ?

Thank you. :)

Edited by SecondSight

Ok, I've found out what is wrong : the problem was linked to the sub-categories.

I used to have two level of categories. For instance : links/category1/sub-category1. And the links which are in the sub-categories no longer worked. They also no longer appeared in Links Directory categories page, but if you ran a search you found them and they also appeared in the Random Links section, and in the database.

When I looked in the ACP/Community/Links Directory/Categories content, I noticed that all sub-categories were disabled. I simply re-enabled them and now everything's ok. :)

Hello !:)

I get an error when I try to add a new category in Links Director (in my ACP) :

A configuration or server error has occurred

EX1364 Something went wrong. Please try again.

INSERT INTO `ibf_links_categories` ( `category_position` ) VALUES ( 27 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'category_notes' doesn't have a default value (1364)
#0 /home/myboard/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(695): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `ib...', Array)
#1 /home/myboard/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(458): IPS\_Db->insert('links_categorie...', Array)
#2 /home/myboard/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2014): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/myboard/public_html/applications/links/sources/Category/Category.php(257): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/myboard/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(383): IPS\links\_Category->formatFormValues(Array)
#5 /home/myboard/public_html/applications/links/modules/admin/links/categories.php(36): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\links\modules\admin\links\_categories->form()
#7 /home/myboard/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#8 /home/myboard/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/myboard/public_html/applications/links/modules/admin/links/categories.php(31): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/myboard/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\links\modules\admin\links\_categories->execute()
#11 /home/myboard/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

What can be the reason for this error ?

Thank you ! :)

It only happens on index. I would say is a couple of links (maybe there are more) whch doesn't has thumbs and the app is trying to grab it from the API site. See an example:

Capturar.png

Links:

• Grimsby Ancient Ma...
  • Feltham old offenders

Actually, those without thumbs in the index. Go to those links and edit them and use the option Refresh Thumbnails.