Template System

On 11/1/2016 at 1:40 PM, quangtran said:

Hello,

I just bought and installed the app. Please tell me where to edit some layout in the Post View. I want to change the look of the field description.

Thank you

Documentation is included with the download.

1. In the ACP, go to Community -> Template System -> Sets.
  2. Find the set you want to work with and choose "Views" from the dropdown on the right
  3. Set "Use Default View Template" to off
  4. You'll have a new Content area where you can edit the layout.

6 hours ago, HeadStand said:

Documentation is included with the download.

1. In the ACP, go to Community -> Template System -> Sets.
  2. Find the set you want to work with and choose "Views" from the dropdown on the right
  3. Set "Use Default View Template" to off
  4. You'll have a new Content area where you can edit the layout.

This is for Topic View. what I need is the look in Post View (when you post new topic)

Thanks

In the post view default for text input is:

Lable<br/>
Value<br/>
Description.

What i want is:

Lable: Value ( Description )

please tell me how to change it.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, quangtran said:

This is for Topic View. what I need is the look in Post View (when you post new topic)

Thanks

In the post view default for text input is:

Lable<br/>
Value<br/>
Description.

What i want is:

Lable: Value ( Description )

please tell me how to change it.

Thank you!

If you're talking about when you enter the data, that's a standard template that is used all across the suite. Changes to that would affect all forms all over the place. I would have to make a code change to allow this, but that would affect all clients. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maniutek said:

Where to find this option?

When you edit the set in the ACP and you add the fields to the set, you will have an option for Field Toggles.

1 hour ago, Maniutek said:

Welcome! I have a question, if you can do so that the selected field that will be completed will display as a link to the supplement?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. You want the field to display as a link?

11 hours ago, HeadStand said:

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. You want the field to display as a link?

The idea is that if someone paste the link into the field, after writing the topic you can click the link, because now you have to copy the address, and zrobis hyperlinks ....

11 hours ago, HeadStand said:

When you edit the set in the ACP and you add the fields to the set, you will have an option for Field Toggles.

I remember that I wrote about it once, and I was concerned about such a thing, that someone will write such a password, and a password will be visible tylkodla selected group and the other will be hidden ...

• 3 weeks later...

This totally isn't what I expected it to be, can I please have a refund? Thought I could use it to actually add a template to new topics in specified forums, I wouldn't actually even use this. Unless you can add an option for HTML template to new topics that members can edit the values of (not the HTML itself) with the ability to disable the standard ckeditor entirely.

53 minutes ago, ShiroHa said:

This totally isn't what I expected it to be, can I please have a refund? Thought I could use it to actually add a template to new topics in specified forums, I wouldn't actually even use this. Unless you can add an option for HTML template to new topics that members can edit the values of (not the HTML itself) with the ability to disable the standard ckeditor entirely.

That IS what this is. Except the ability to disable the editor. I'm not sure why this isn't what you were expecting? Just that one feature  (which I will add eventually, it's just not so simple), but aside from that, that's what this does - allows you to actually add a template to new topics in specified forums.

No - What I'm after is something that will allow specific forums to have pre-loaded content in the ckeditor for members to be able to edit, for example; I have a forum for types of cars, and I want a html template to be loaded upon clicking create new topic so all the members have to do is fill in the data.

21 minutes ago, ShiroHa said:

No - What I'm after is something that will allow specific forums to have pre-loaded content in the ckeditor for members to be able to edit, for example; I have a forum for types of cars, and I want a html template to be loaded upon clicking create new topic so all the members have to do is fill in the data.

Why would you want the editor to have content that could be erased? This is better. You give the users fields to populate with the information you are looking for. 

Example: you could have a text field where the users enter the make and model of their car. And then it would display in the post. 

It's the same thing you want, but more reliable and flexible. 

Not really, since I want it to display in a table, and for what I have in mind, there would be no reason for my users to erase the content, but at the end of the day that's a problem for me to deal with. All this system offers is to collect said information, but with no customization at all or any way of changing how it's displayed (at least with out knowing css and html fairly well), I misunderstood what this application actually does, I admit I made a mistake buying this without asking about it first but other than that, unfortunately I had no way of knowing unless I actually demo'd it.

12 minutes ago, ShiroHa said:

Not really, since I want it to display in a table, and for what I have in mind, there would be no reason for my users to erase the content, but at the end of the day that's a problem for me to deal with. All this system offers is to collect said information, but with no customization at all or any way of changing how it's displayed (at least with out knowing css and html fairly well), I misunderstood what this application actually does, I admit I made a mistake buying this without asking about it first but other than that, unfortunately I had no way of knowing unless I actually demo'd it.

It's fully customizable, you can display it any way you want. 

2 hours ago, ShiroHa said:

So it could allow me to customize it to the point where this appears by default when creating a new topic?

example.png

Oh. No. I thought you were talking about the display. You could have separate fields for each of those when you create the topic and then have the post formatted that way in display  (which is really the end goal anyway, isn't it).

2 hours ago, ShiroHa said:

Yeah but that kind of setup would be extremely tedious to get right, I'd rather just have a HTML template appear in the editor when a user wants to post a new topic in the specified forums.

Same effort..... it would be the same html in one place instead of another. Maybe try it? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.12.2016 at 0:48 PM, Maniutek said:

The idea is that if someone paste the link into the field, after writing the topic you can click the link, because now you have to copy the address, and zrobis hyperlinks ....

I remember that I wrote about it once, and I was concerned about such a thing, that someone will write such a password, and a password will be visible tylkodla selected group and the other will be hidden ...

hm?

On 12.01.2017 at 1:58 AM, HeadStand said:

It should already work like this. If not, I suggest customizing the view template to make it work the way you want. This is definitely do-able. 

Hello! I ask again, I will try to explain it better ...
The first question is whether you can set one of the fields as address, that someone pasted in this field link to the writing topic, this field will be available as a link that you will not need to copy the link, but do not you just click and open the new flounder, card?

The second question, as it is with hiding these fields? I mean that, for example. I'll do the Password field, and that someone will complement and write about it, it's just the admin will see this field and others will see such stars or something similar?

• 4 weeks later...