Template System

I recently set up your application at my site, and it's been working great so far. I've only run into one issue.

In the name for one of my fields, I have used HTML to make some of the text an embedded link. This displays as it should while in the editor, but once the post is published, the field name just displays raw HTML instead of a link. Here's a link to an example of this at my site.

Is this something that would be possible for you to patch?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, zenzoidman said:

I recently set up your application at my site, and it's been working great so far. I've only run into one issue.

In the name for one of my fields, I have used HTML to make some of the text an embedded link. This displays as it should while in the editor, but once the post is published, the field name just displays raw HTML instead of a link. Here's a link to an example of this at my site.

Is this something that would be possible for you to patch?

Thanks!

Try this:

1. Login to the ACP
  2. Go to Community -> Templates -> Sets
  3. Find the set you want to work with and choose "Manage Views" from the dropdown on the right
  4. Set "Use Default View Template" to "No"
  5. Click in the text area to edit the template
  6. Find 
    {$item->$label}
  7. Replace with
    {$item->$label|raw}
  8. Hit Save

Let me know if that works.

UPDATE `ibf_templates_fields_values` SET `item_id`=0 WHERE `item_id` IS NULL;

UPDATE `ibf_templates_fields_values` SET `set_id`=0 WHERE `set_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` LIKE `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`item_type`(229),`item_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `item_id` `item_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `set_id` `set_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` SELECT * FROM `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

DROP TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

RENAME TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` TO `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

UPDATE `ibf_templates_sets_containers` SET `container_id`=0 WHERE `container_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` LIKE `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`container_type`(229),`container_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `container_id` `container_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` SELECT * FROM `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

DROP TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

RENAME TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` TO `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

Hello! After updating the forum, I have such errors in the ACP> SUPPORT

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into something that seems like a bug. I have a set with a few fields in it, and I've made those fields required. Then, using a container, this set is required in one of the forums at my site. This all works great.

However, a problem arises whenever I try to split a post into a new topic, I am unable to do so unless I select a set from a dropdown menu in the topic split UI, and fill out all the required fields in that set. This happens even if I'm splitting a post in a forum that has no sets attributed to it.

Could you tell me if there's anything I can do to fix this, or is it something you could patch?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm very interested in your plugin, but as it is expensive, i'm looking for a demonstration or demo version to test it if possible.

Screenshots show us what it add on ACP, but not what we can do on front with it.

If you can provide a demonstration plugin version, a demo board to test it or more screenshots, it will be much appreciated !

Thanks you for your work

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. Changes include:

• Moved set fields above the post content instead of below
  • Sets & Templates were required when splitting a topic. Fixed.
On 7/16/2016 at 9:23 PM, zenzoidman said:

I've run into something that seems like a bug. I have a set with a few fields in it, and I've made those fields required. Then, using a container, this set is required in one of the forums at my site. This all works great.

However, a problem arises whenever I try to split a post into a new topic, I am unable to do so unless I select a set from a dropdown menu in the topic split UI, and fill out all the required fields in that set. This happens even if I'm splitting a post in a forum that has no sets attributed to it.

Could you tell me if there's anything I can do to fix this, or is it something you could patch?

Thanks!

The latest version should fix this issue.

On 7/19/2016 at 10:11 AM, JiigSaaw said:

Hello,

I'm very interested in your plugin, but as it is expensive, i'm looking for a demonstration or demo version to test it if possible.

Screenshots show us what it add on ACP, but not what we can do on front with it.

If you can provide a demonstration plugin version, a demo board to test it or more screenshots, it will be much appreciated !

Thanks you for your work

I don't have a demo available. Perhaps someone here can give you the URL to their site?

I downloaded the latest version and installed it (the fields are now appearing above the editor, so I know it was installed successfully), but unfortunately the problem with splitting topics doesn't seem to be fixed. I'm still experiencing the same problem I was before. 

Someone already asked you about these errors that show up in ACP > Support, but I have a question about them myself.

UPDATE `ipb_templates_fields_values` SET `item_id`=0 WHERE `item_id` IS NULL;

UPDATE `ipb_templates_fields_values` SET `set_id`=0 WHERE `set_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ipb_templates_fields_values_new` LIKE `ipb_templates_fields_values`;

ALTER TABLE `ipb_templates_fields_values_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, CHANGE COLUMN `item_id` `item_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '', ADD PRIMARY KEY (`item_type`(229),`item_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `set_id` `set_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ipb_templates_fields_values_new` SELECT * FROM `ipb_templates_fields_values`;

DROP TABLE `ipb_templates_fields_values`;

RENAME TABLE `ipb_templates_fields_values_new` TO `ipb_templates_fields_values`;

UPDATE `ipb_templates_sets_containers` SET `container_id`=0 WHERE `container_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ipb_templates_sets_containers_new` LIKE `ipb_templates_sets_containers`;

ALTER TABLE `ipb_templates_sets_containers_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, CHANGE COLUMN `container_id` `container_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '', ADD PRIMARY KEY (`container_type`(229),`container_id`);

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ipb_templates_sets_containers_new` SELECT * FROM `ipb_templates_sets_containers`;

DROP TABLE `ipb_templates_sets_containers`;

RENAME TABLE `ipb_templates_sets_containers_new` TO `ipb_templates_sets_containers`;

If I tell my software to run these suggested queries, will that break your Template application? Or are they safe to run?

Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, I still experienced the problem with fields being required when splitting a topic, even after upgrading the Template System to your new version. Do you have any updates regarding this?

Thanks!

I have fixed those errors at least 4 times, but the database checker is doing I don't know what. Multiple developers have complained about this, because none of us can figure out how those errors get there in the first place. Go ahead and feel free to run them, it won't break anything.

No updates on that issue. I haven't actually worked in a few days, lots of stuff going on. I tested the splitting issue myself, and I didn't see the set dropdown or any of the other set fields. Are we talking about the same thing? Can you post a screenshot?

Okay, I've taken a few screenshots that can hopefully show this better. Here's the first one, showing the topic splitting UI, with the unlabeled set dropdown menu outlined in blue.

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 1.24.03 PM.png

If I try to click the Save button on this as is, the page loads for a second, but then just shows this exact same screen again, and the topic is not split. The reason for this only becomes clear when you click on that dropdown menu and select a set. See below:

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 1.24.37 PM.png

As you can see here, it seems that if a set has a required field, as this one does, the software doesn't allow me to split without first selecting the set and filling out the required fields. This happens even if I'm splitting a topic in a forum that has no sets assigned to it.

I hope this explained the issue a little better. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Hello! And when you add the ability to disable the text editor? Because I see that you did it nicely that it is now over but he wanted me to turn off the editor :-) And the second question, if you can do so that the selected additional field sees only a select group?
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2016 at 6:20 PM, zenzoidman said:

4.1.13.2, which I believe is the current version.

I've uploaded another version to the Marketplace. This time the issue really should be fixed. ^_^ 

Please let me know if you have further issues with it.

On 7/30/2016 at 9:11 AM, Maniutek said:
Hello! And when you add the ability to disable the text editor? Because I see that you did it nicely that it is now over but he wanted me to turn off the editor :-) And the second question, if you can do so that the selected additional field sees only a select group?

Disabling the text editor is actually far more complicated than I anticipated. I've started work on that, but I had to put it aside for now until I can come up with a better solution. 

As for field permissions (which I think is what you are asking for), would that be defined on the field level or on the set level?

1 minute ago, The Dark Wizard said:

Can something be done now with the ability to alter the default view template in the mean time?

Also I noticed in the doc included with the zip that something called Action Types exist, I don't see those actions anywhere. Maybe I'm dumb.

I can't think of anything that would make it show up on every page. It has to have a code change. Sorry. :( The good news is that I am scheduled to work on this app within the next 2 weeks, so this enhancement will be added while I'm working on the others.

LOL about the action types... it looks like somehow I got a piece of the Social Stream documentation hanging out in there. That's hilarious. You can ignore those. I'll fix the doc. Thanks for pointing that out.

Just now, HeadStand said:

LOL about the action types... it looks like somehow I got a piece of the Social Stream documentation hanging out in there. That's hilarious. You can ignore those. I'll fix the doc. Thanks for pointing that out.

No problem C:. 

Descriptions for sets don't seem to stick, when I go back to edit one, the description area is blank again.