Template System

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(40): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('1')
#1 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(202): IPS\Node\templates_hook_TemplateNode->sets()
#2 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(127): IPS\Content\templates_hook_TemplateItem::addSetElements(Object(IPS\forums\Forum), NULL, false)
#3 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(58): IPS\Content\templates_hook_TemplateItem::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#4 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(432): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#5 [internal function]: IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->add()
#6 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

4 hours ago, Maniutek said:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(40): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('1')
#1 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(202): IPS\Node\templates_hook_TemplateNode->sets()
#2 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(127): IPS\Content\templates_hook_TemplateItem::addSetElements(Object(IPS\forums\Forum), NULL, false)
#3 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(58): IPS\Content\templates_hook_TemplateItem::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#4 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(432): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#5 [internal function]: IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->add()
#6 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/vps/domains/csone.eu/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I've just pushed an update to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

48 minutes ago, illogica said:

Using this with Downloads, is there any ability to then browse Downloads filtered with the custom fields? eg, If I wanted to only see Downloads where 'Custom1' was set to 'A,' how possible is that? ^_^

Not possible yet, but it's literally next on my to-do list for this mod. No timeline on that, though.

On 6/4/2016 at 3:42 AM, Maniutek said:

Hello! So it is all defined in the subject ... A show is only one, and the rest of the lack ... But as you write a post show everything when editing ...

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

55 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

Hello! Thank you lovely work, agrees mistake I have and how far I have not found more ^_^

I look forward to further update on these additives as above, I wrote about them ^_^

Edited by Maniutek

Thanks for releasing this for 4.x!

I'm currently running ipb 3.x with Topic Template and one of the reasons for holding back from 4.x is this very component.

Is this backwards compatible with the 3.x version ? Are the settings/templates migrated? What about the topics which were created using templates ? If I hit edit on an old post will the edit page contain the "old" template defined in the 3.x version ?

16 hours ago, Cosmin Dumitru said:

Thanks for releasing this for 4.x!

I'm currently running ipb 3.x with Topic Template and one of the reasons for holding back from 4.x is this very component.

Is this backwards compatible with the 3.x version ? Are the settings/templates migrated? What about the topics which were created using templates ? If I hit edit on an old post will the edit page contain the "old" template defined in the 3.x version ?

Yes, it's backward-compatible, BUT you have to manually import the data. I say "manually" because the system will do it for you, you just have to hit the button that tells it to do so. I did this intentionally only because there was such a delay in getting this out. I thought some people might have upgraded already to v4 a while back and may not necessarily want the old data coming back in. 

So in short, yes, it's compatible, you just have to push the button.

Hello! I have a problem, I try to do these question, and does not work ... I try to also fix after the administration panel, in the Support tab ...

UPDATE `ibf_core_log` SET `time`=0 WHERE `time` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_log` CHANGE COLUMN `time` `time` INT (10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Unix timestamp of log';

UPDATE `ibf_templates_fields_values` SET `item_id`=0 WHERE `item_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` LIKE `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`item_type`(229),`item_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `item_id` `item_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` SELECT * FROM `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

DROP TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

RENAME TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` TO `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

UPDATE `ibf_templates_sets_containers` SET `container_id`=0 WHERE `container_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` LIKE `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`container_type`(229),`container_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `container_id` `container_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` SELECT * FROM `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

DROP TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

RENAME TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` TO `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

12 hours ago, Maniutek said:

Hello! I have a problem, I try to do these question, and does not work ... I try to also fix after the administration panel, in the Support tab ...

UPDATE `ibf_core_log` SET `time`=0 WHERE `time` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_log` CHANGE COLUMN `time` `time` INT (10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Unix timestamp of log';

UPDATE `ibf_templates_fields_values` SET `item_id`=0 WHERE `item_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` LIKE `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`item_type`(229),`item_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `item_id` `item_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` SELECT * FROM `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

DROP TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

RENAME TABLE `ibf_templates_fields_values_new` TO `ibf_templates_fields_values`;

UPDATE `ibf_templates_sets_containers` SET `container_id`=0 WHERE `container_id` IS NULL;

CREATE TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` LIKE `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`container_type`(229),`container_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `container_id` `container_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` SELECT * FROM `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

DROP TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

RENAME TABLE `ibf_templates_sets_containers_new` TO `ibf_templates_sets_containers`;

I will fix those messages in the next version, but you can ignore them. It's an IPS bug where they are throwing errors depending on how the database tables were created. There is nothing wrong with the database and nothing that needs to be fixed. Don't worry about it.

So i have a technical form and so almost every forum will have the same fields like what version / platform  post is about, that would be entered from a pre-defined dropdown for each field as the user makes a post.

how is the data stored and displayed Is the data entered just inserted in to the "body" of the post or displayed somewhere else like above the signature in the post when viewing?

also i have custom fields for the user profile can i use these as "default" values to populate these fields when a post is made allowing users to change the value for each new post, and possibly a check box to also update their default profile values?

Thanks

Hello! I'm looking into buying this plugin, but I have a quick question first.

If I install this plugin at my site and create content using it, but at some point down the line have to disable the plugin, what happens to the content? Will it become corrupted or unviewable in some way?

Thanks!

On 6/25/2016 at 2:53 AM, Ocean West said:

So i have a technical form and so almost every forum will have the same fields like what version / platform  post is about, that would be entered from a pre-defined dropdown for each field as the user makes a post.

how is the data stored and displayed Is the data entered just inserted in to the "body" of the post or displayed somewhere else like above the signature in the post when viewing?

also i have custom fields for the user profile can i use these as "default" values to populate these fields when a post is made allowing users to change the value for each new post, and possibly a check box to also update their default profile values?

Thanks

Data is stored in a separate table. It is displayed as part of the post, below the actual post content. You can customize the layout of the fields and values.

Custom Profile fields are not related to this application in any way.

1 hour ago, zenzoidman said:

Hello! I'm looking into buying this plugin, but I have a quick question first.

If I install this plugin at my site and create content using it, but at some point down the line have to disable the plugin, what happens to the content? Will it become corrupted or unviewable in some way?

Thanks!

If you uninstall the application, the tables will be uninstalled (like any other application). If you disable it, the tables will stay put, as will the data inside it. It will not be corrupted, but it also won't be displayed in the topic.

3 hours ago, Computer Candy said:

Hello.  I'm looking for a way to add a predefined checkbox list of tags in the form for creating a new topic.  The tags included in the checkbox list would be dependant on which subforum a member is posting to.  Is that possible with this Template System?  Thank you. ^_^

Yes. You would create different templates, each with the appropriate checkbox list, and then you would link each template to the appropriate forum.

6 hours ago, Ocean West said:

is there any chance profile fields should be used as defaults to seed new posts - so that you don't have to select something each time?

I'll think about it. No promises. You might be better off having this done as a custom mod on top of this app.

5 hours ago, Ocean West said:

Do you have any screen shots of what it looks on the pubic side.

If a post had 3 fields how it would look reading the topic? Does it appear between the time and the body or between the body and the signature?

I don't have screenshots, because there isn't much to look at. By default it looks like:

Field 1: value
Field 2: value
Field 3: value

But... you can customize it and make it look like anything you want. You can use HTML formatting and make it light up in red, white, and blue if you want to.

It can show either before the body or after the body, it's your choice.