Ignore Topics

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2016 at 4:42 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Ok. I'll do it in next version.

Thank you!  One more question.  Is there a way to select all forums underneath a given category?  This might be helpful if I want to enable the feature for my main forums, but, I don't want it enabled in my management forums.  My board is set up like below.  I'd want it enabled all forums underneath Categories 1, 2, 3, but disabled for Category 4.

1. Tech Forums - Category
    1. Forum 1
      1. Sub-Forum 1.1
      2. Sub-Forum 1.2
    2. Forum 2
    3. Forum 3
  2. Shopping Forums - Category
    1. Forum 1
    2. Forum 2
    3. Forum 3
  3. Social Forums - Category
    1. Forum 1
    2. Forum 2
    3. Forum 3
  4. Management Forums - Category
    1. Forum 1
    2. Forum 2
    3. Forum 3
  • 8 months later...

I have a  problem with registration. There is the following error:

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(), 1 passed in /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/init.php(448) : eval()'d code on line 9 and exactly 2 expected (0)
#0 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(9): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(Array)
#1 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(164): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook22::_createMember(Array, Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}(Array)
#3 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(157): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#4 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(190): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#5 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#6 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}
#0 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/init.php(512): IPS\_Log::log('ArgumentCountEr...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(194): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(ArgumentCountError))
#2 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(190): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#3 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#4 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/kosmetykaaut.pl/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

After turning off the plug everything is ok . The plug  makes a problems with registration.

My version forum 4.1.19.4.

24 minutes ago, Arkadiusz Freiberger said:

I have a  problem with registration. There is the following error:

After turning off the plug everything is ok . The plug  makes a problems with registration.

My version forum 4.1.19.4.

What's New in Version 2.0.1:

• Fix error on registration process.
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

Just upgraded my test site to 4.2 and installed this. Now the site is inaccessible and the admincp is inaccessible.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 4.20.51 PM.png

OK, i just deleted the plugin from the file system, and reinstalled. It's working now. 

It works fine to me, althought some change may be required to make the button appear in the topic view:

Open the folder plugins\ignoretopics\hooks via FTP and delete the 10 files there. If this plugin is the issue, it will make your board comes alive again.

Next time, I suggest you to ask to the dev if the resource is compatible with a new major version before use the resource. That was built to work on IPS 4.1.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

installed on 4.2.  I see no option to ignore topics.  I have selected all forums.  Can't see anything I could have done wrong, its pretty simple!

Did you select groups and forums? I tested this last week when I upgraded to IPS 4.2 and was working fine.

Default theme?

41 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Are you able to offer css suggestions or do I need to speak to Ehren?

No, without have the theme... anyway, even if I have it, I would have to change the plugin to fit the theme, which is not right.

Talk with designer. Something in his theme is out of the pattern.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/10/2016 at 3:39 AM, Mike Gholson said:

Is there a way you can add an "all forums" setting?

3 hours ago, jair101 said:

@Adriano FariaI would like to second this suggestion. Certainly, I can select all forums when I install the plugin, but when new forums are added they are not automatically picked up. 

What's New in Version 2.1.1:

• Added option to select ALL FORUMS in the settings.

Hi Adriano, 

The plugin does not seem to work now, I don't know if this new option broke it. I do have ignored topics, but they still show in activity streams, same is reported by my members. As I am also using Ehren's skin I thought it might be related, but it also happens on the default one too. 

All options in display settings in the plugin are marked.