Feature Request - Exclude forum from topic stream

Mike Gholson

Hi all,  I am posting this as a feature request.  I would like to see the ability to EXCLUDE a forum or content type in my streams.  Let's say I have 100 forums, and I want to only show a stream of 99 forums (removing 1 of them), I currently have to choose all 99 forums to be INCLUDED in my stream.  Can you add a feature in the software that will allow me to choose the 1 single forum I wish to EXCLUDE?  This would be nice because if I add another forum in the future I don't have to go update all of my streams.  Thanks!

Yes please.

Buttons could fit where "Select" is now, just replace it:

ips_include_exclude.png

This setting is also good for if you happen to add new forums to your site, they are not missing them in the streams. As of now, if they select 99 forums and leave out 1, and you add 4 new ones, they are missing those 4 in their stream. With exclusion, if they choose 1, then everything else, even new forums you add, are in their stream.

That's the problem with including almost all with the intention of exclusion. Exclusion choice would be great!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/2/2016 at 10:04 AM, chilihead said:

Marked "Planned" whoop!

I don't know how many times I have asked for an answer to this. I'm not even asking IPS to do it any longer but a confirmation on whether they plan to do it or not would be useful, as otherwise, third party authors could come with a much needed plugin (or so I think at least :))

• 4 weeks later...

Archived