Tag research in a single forum

Amy Pond

Hello,

I found a problem: if I have the same tag on multiple forum (for example: "For Sale" in "Books", "Shoes" and "Cars") when I click on tag the system shows me all the results for that tag and not for single forum (like "For Sale" only in "Books" etc).

Imho, this is unconfortable and a big issue. 

I would also like to see this for the same reason, this is especially important for closed tags. The problem is the site uses a global search so if you have the same tags in some forums or even a database or in Gallery, it shows all. This is fine from the search form but when in a forum that uses tags, when a user clicks it they expect results from that area. Basically to work more like a sort than a search.

Possibly tags could use sort instead of search? Or still use search but restrict to the exact area the user is in whether that's a forum or database category etc. ADDING sort by tag would very useful anyway but clicking one could use the sort functionality to just show that tag and sort by last reply by default.

The For Sale/Wanted is a great example. You could have 100 car forums with those tags and when you are in Ford and click Wanted, that's what you expect. Not all the cars. And certainly not images from the Gallery or any other place it is tagged. If you want that you can go to the search form (or if restricted to an area when clicking a user could always edit the search form to expand if needed).

I would also really like to see this, thanks.

I would like to hijack this for a moment..

It would also be great to implement a system to link to tags in the form of hashtags. For example, if there's 20 topics with the tag chilihead (No relation) and a member uses the hashtag #chilihead it will turn said hashtag into an interactive hyperlink that will show all topics with said tag. It's 2016 we need hashtags :)

1 hour ago, iDeath said:

I would like to hijack this for a moment..

It would also be great to implement a system to link to tags in the form of hashtags. For example, if there's 20 topics with the tag chilihead (No relation) and a member uses the hashtag #chilihead it will turn said hashtag into an interactive hyperlink that will show all topics with said tag. It's 2016 we need 

like a bbcode on content to link item that contain a specific tags(with counter if possible)? or put a "sub-tags" per item(topic,article... such as tags made not from author/staff)? because this could require other set of permissions like "groups that could use hashtag" per forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived