Auto Follow Content

@Adriano Faria

Hey there!  I'm running into a few issues with the plugin.  (Running v4.2.4)

Issue #1:  There's a third tab missing and I'm not sure what's meant to be there, but I can't click on it:

7059cace85d389d841e65116d0c8320e.png

Issue #2:  On the Members tab, it only saves one name.  I tried adding all of the administrators on there, but when I save my settings, only the first name I entered actually gets saved.

What I Save
603237b5d386455b08d66a68215f7ca2.png

What shows up when I go back:

1c27479b2eee604270c04ee107ad4871.png

I've done a cache clear, disabling all customizations as well and only ran this plugin to make sure nothing else conflicted with it, but the problem still persisted.

Edited by GASR
9 hours ago, GASR said:

@Adriano Faria

Hey there!  I'm running into a few issues with the plugin.  (Running v4.2.4)

Issue #1:  There's a third tab missing and I'm not sure what's meant to be there, but I can't click on it:

7059cace85d389d841e65116d0c8320e.png

Issue #2:  On the Members tab, it only saves one name.  I tried adding all of the administrators on there, but when I save my settings, only the first name I entered actually gets saved.

What I Save
603237b5d386455b08d66a68215f7ca2.png

What shows up when I go back:

1c27479b2eee604270c04ee107ad4871.png

I've done a cache clear, disabling all customizations as well and only ran this plugin to make sure nothing else conflicted with it, but the problem still persisted.

Need to test #2. Regarding #1, send a PM with ACP credentials; I’ll take a look tomorrow in the morning. Need to see if there’s any disabled app or something. Maybe the plugin needs some adjusting but I need to see what it’s happening there. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
9 hours ago, GASR said:

It is related to Pages but as you restricted the whole ACP (leave only Plugins and Applications), I can't see what's happening. I believe that's because you don't have any database.

Yes: I can reproduce when I delete my database:

qSbs4Bb.png

Ok.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Adam_S said:

Hi @Adriano Faria,

I'm having an issue with this plugin.  When i go to the News and Reviews tab (which was the "Articles" pages database that i've renamed), i am not getting any options.  I've attached the screenshot of the issue.  I'm running v1.0.5.  Can you help?

Thanks

2017-10-10 12_35_58-Plugins.jpg

Can you please send a PM with your ACP access so I can check? I released a version on Sep/20 to fix something to related to Pages and seemed to work fine, so I need to see hownit is set there. 

11 hours ago, optrexnz said:

With the setting - one email per day for all new content for that day

Will this send out just one email for all the new content across the whole board

or will it send out a content email per forum, per download, per calendar etc 

This setting already exists in the core. The plugin only reuses it. It’s the same for when you follow a forum or a topic. Same setting; sane behavior.

37 minutes ago, optrexnz said:

In the xml this looks for new user accounts. Is there something that I can change for it to run across existing accounts or is there a mysql query I can run that will do it as a one off?

Not aware. 

That can’t be done witha SQL Query. I have another resource for this.

On 10/10/2017 at 7:19 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Can you please send a PM with your ACP access so I can check? I released a version on Sep/20 to fix something to related to Pages and seemed to work fine, so I need to see hownit is set there. 

Have PM'd you, thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I set this plugin up to follow all the forums on my site.  I then went in and moved the content of one of my forums to clubs and ended up deleting the forum.  Even through the forum isn't available on the list anymore, the forum still shows up as selected in Forums under the forums tab.  Unsure how I can remove the forum because there is nothing to uncheck.

I also noticed that members who are still validating their email address are also following content.  I have "spammy" members who signup with bad email address who never validate.  Because of this, I keep getting bounces because they're following content and their email address is bad.  Would it be possible to have the new member follow the content after they validate their email?

Edited by Bluto
On 08/11/2017 at 1:20 PM, Bluto said:

I set this plugin up to follow all the forums on my site.  I then went in and moved the content of one of my forums to clubs and ended up deleting the forum.  Even through the forum isn't available on the list anymore, the forum still shows up as selected in Forums under the forums tab.  Unsure how I can remove the forum because there is nothing to uncheck.

On 08/11/2017 at 1:55 PM, Bluto said:

I also noticed that members who are still validating their email address are also following content.  I have "spammy" members who signup with bad email address who never validate.  Because of this, I keep getting bounces because they're following content and their email address is bad.  Would it be possible to have the new member follow the content after they validate their email?

I'll take a look on this today.

On 08/11/2017 at 1:55 PM, Bluto said:

This will require the plugin to be converted to app. I'll try to make it during the weekend.

On 08/11/2017 at 1:20 PM, Bluto said:

That happens because you removed the forum but didn't removed it from the plugin settings, thus it keeps being added as a "valid" forum.

I'll add a check for the forum ID.

• 4 weeks later...