Auto Follow Content

About This File

This application will admins to choose content (categories or items) to be automatically followed by new members when they create or validate the account (depending on your configuration).

Basic Settings:

• Frequency of notifications
  • Let others see that the user follow the content

Apps supported:

• All apps that their containers (categories) and content items (topics, images, files, blog entries, records, adverts, tutorials, videos, etc.) can be followed.
  • A tab to follow Members  will be also appear as an option

Specifc Apps:

• Pages: All databases will appear as a new tab
  • Gallery: Albums will appear in addition to categories and images

Note:

• App tab will only appear is you have the app installed and enabled.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HI Adriano:

Works fine except for databases in pages for me.

1. I have multiple databases that are the type you like (categories and articles) and it only recognizes the first one.  Sure would be nice if a new tab appeared for my other 3 databases of this type.
  2. In the selection tab for databases in pages it doesn't allow me to select more than one category to follow.

Otherwise it has been a big help.  Thanks.

22 hours ago, RocketSMS said:

HI Adriano:

1. I have multiple databases that are the type you like (categories and articles) and it only recognizes the first one.  Sure would be nice if a new tab appeared for my other 3 databases of this type.
  2. In the selection tab for databases in pages it doesn't allow me to select more than one category to follow.

Send credentials to your board via PM. I'll take a look tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can i use this plugin having all my users already created?

I don't think this is a good idea. Too heavy to handle. You may have groups with 100, 200, 10,000, 20,000 members, etc. Then everytime you can add or remove a category/forum, everything has to be redone. No, tks.

On 15/03/2016 at 6:33 PM, RocketSMS said:

HI Adriano:

HI there.

1: It is right and was designed, due to a limitation, to show only the ARTICLES DB. It is on this plugin description:

On 11/12/2015 at 8:24 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Apps supported:

• Forums: forums and topics
  • Downloads: categories and files
  • Pages (limited to Articles DB): categories and articles
  • Blogs: blogs and entries
  • Calendar: calendars and events
  • Gallery: categories, albums and images

2: Fixed. Your board is updated.

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• Fixed the multi select options in Pages categories
  • 1 month later...
On 21/03/2016 at 5:23 AM, EarthDog said:

Can i use this plugin having all my users already created?

I mean i need to BULK update the followed forums for all my existing users

On 17/02/2016 at 3:40 PM, naurel said:

For example I want my group : group1 to follow content1 and my group2 to follow my content2 and when ever I change someone from group1 to group2 it will add content2 to the followed content

• 3 months later...

Really nice plugin, works out of the box.  It's one of those essential plugins that helps bring new content to the attention of new members.

Feedback: the ability to Auto-Follow Categories within a Pages Database instead of just Pages Articles would be awsome.  We have multiple Pages Databases making up some really content-heavy driven sections of our website, this would put that new content right in the Alerts and Emails of our new users.

43 minutes ago, N4H said:

Feedback: the ability to Auto-Follow Categories within a Pages Database instead of just Pages Articles would be awsome.  We have multiple Pages Databases making up some really content-heavy driven sections of our website, this would put that new content right in the Alerts and Emails of our new users.

I don't remember exactly which was the issue but I'll come back to try again in a near future.

• 2 weeks later...