Auto Follow Content

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Josh, it is following items when you create a member on ACP. I just tested it:

Make sure you're using the latest version from marketplace. Also, it won't follow right away if you use any kind of validation. Items will be followed only after user validates the account.

@Adriano Faria,

Thanks for the video. I'm using 1.2.0 on IPS 4.3.x.

What counts as validation for users created in the Admin console by an Admin? What validation settings should I use to make sure validation triggers for the purposes of this AFC 1.2.0?

6 minutes ago, John T Davis said:

@Adriano Faria,

Thanks for the video. I'm using 1.2.0 on IPS 4.3.x.

What counts as validation for users created in the Admin console by an Admin? What validation settings should I use to make sure validation triggers for the purposes of this AFC 1.2.0?

I’m not sure if the validation settings are triggered when you create an account on ACP.

Check in ACP -> System -> Login & Registration -> Registration tab -> Validation methods for new accounts. Mine is set to No validation required as it is a dev board so it is following things right away. So I’m not sure if using any validation here will place new user created on ACP under validation. You need to test it... or I’ll do when I’ll come back to my PC. Mobile phone now. 

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m not sure if the validation settings are triggered when you create an account on ACP.

Check in ACP -> System -> Login & Registration -> Registration tab -> Validation methods for new accounts. Mine is set to No validation required as it is a dev board so it is following things right away. So I’m not sure if using any validation here will place new user created on ACP under validation. You need to test it... or I’ll do when I’ll come back to my PC. Mobile phone now. 

Okay, don't ask me why I thought I had to have validation turned on if no outside parties can create accounts, but as soon as I turned that off it started working perfectly.

Thanks!

One feature request, if I may: an option to designate all existing forums instead of selecting them from a list. Right now when I create a new forum I have to go in and adjust the forum follow list. It would be great to automate that.

This is a great plugin. This and Bulk Followers helped make our move to IPS far more frictionless than it could have been.

Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, John T Davis said:

but as soon as I turned that off it started working perfectly.

It will work with validation too. The difference is that things will be followed after user validates the account. 

4 minutes ago, John T Davis said:

One feature request, if I may: an option to designate all existing forums instead of selecting them from a list. Right now when I create a new forum I have to go in and adjust the forum follow list. It would be great to automate that.

Ok. I’ll take a look when I have to update the app.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:31 AM, Joel R said:

That's not what I saw. 

I don't see a category selector at all.  Entire tab is blank! 

I'll take.a screenshot and give you access to after work.  

I'm having this same issue - the entire tab is blank, even though its created a default single category.

On 7/16/2018 at 1:00 AM, Adam_S said:

I'm having this same issue - the entire tab is blank, even though its created a default single category.

I see what's happening there and it's not related to Pages only. It happens that you have spaces in the DB name: Music Wiki and due to this space, the JS didn't recognize the tab. Same happens if you have the Links Directory app:

ZJFcapx.png

@Joel R, can you confirm you have spaces in the DB name?

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, Joel R said:

I don't think users are auto-following Members.  Can anyone confirm?  

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can confirm not following members. Will take a look. 

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

Okay thank you.  

Sorry @Joel R, made the wrong test by going to the wrong profile. (gone to the new member profile, when I should have gone to the profile he follows).

All is working fine: https://www.screencast.com/t/UIMEMAw5bII6

If you use any kind of validation, members will be followed only after the account is validated. If you are having issues with social network accounts, I can't say for sure (because I don't use them on my board), but they should work too, as this resources users MemberSync.

• 3 weeks later...

I get the following error when I click on ACP > Community > Auto Follow Settings

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/autofollowcontent/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(102): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(5)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/autofollowcontent/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(27): IPS\autofollowcontent\modules\admin\settings\_settings->getForm()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\autofollowcontent\modules\admin\settings\_settings->manage()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/a2nimda/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Edited by Joel R