Is my 4.1 Menu System bugged?

Neej

I have a question about the new Menu system in 4.1 and want to know if my menu is bugged.

Whenever I try make custom menu's like this (regardless of theme) it will not put the menu items I want on the 2nd tier. So any custom menus I want MUST just be dropdown menus. 

Here is what I mean, I set up the menu and add submenus to the drop downs (and click publish)

be1645e42c2e0657df91f3592d5ed31e.png

But then when I check the menu "Companies" there is nothing inside of it. 

877d20698701e02aa066e9ce789d83de.png

So I have to resort to using drop downs on the top tier of the menu like this.

27ef68744422908eeba3000b6b32d550.png

I just don't feel that this is functioning correctly, as I have some default menus like Activity that do function correctly, but I cannot seem to replicate them.

b660f6a789b31288265b29301905ff2d.png

And again this is not a theme issue, happens with default theme also.
It also applies to any menu item type, so even if I'm trying to put a non dropdown link in the 2nd tier, just a regular external link menu item or a Page menu item, it also will not display those, just in case anyone thinks it's to do with me trying to put drop downs in the 2nd tier.

When I set up new entries and place them directly at a certain position, that position might not get saved when I publish it. So I will load the menu manager again, move the item now and then it works. So your answer is “yes”. Of course you should be able to put items on the second level and almost all sites running on 4.1 use the second level. 

If you can’t get it work with the default theme, submit a support ticket. 
In addition: have you tried deactivating that plugin that puts the icon in the menu?

6 hours ago, opentype said:

When I set up new entries and place them directly at a certain position, that position might not get saved when I publish it. So I will load the menu manager again, move the item now and then it works. So your answer is “yes”. Of course you should be able to put items on the second level and almost all sites running on 4.1 use the second level. 

If you can’t get it work with the default theme, submit a support ticket. 
In addition: have you tried deactivating that plugin that puts the icon in the menu?

Thats not a plugin it's just custom CSS, and the menu is bugged even on a default theme.

I will give your suggestion of re-loading the menu manager, thanks.

My experience is that after a few moves in the menu editor one should save.  Then reload the page.  About 30% of the time the items you moved around on the page jump to some other position.  I move them back, save, and then reload the page.  So far after the second reload it's always stayed in position.

Should be an easy fix.

Yes I have 4.1.4.1 and am still having the issue. I managed to get 1 tier 2 menu item working inside of a tier 1, but not the rest of them. I have put in a support ticket and am awaiting for them to login to my ACP and check.

On 28/11/2015, 23:14:10, RocketSMS said:

What works for me.  Move a tier 2 under a tier 1.  Publish menu.  Then reload page.  Many times the tiles menus will jump into weird locations. Then move them where you want them again.  Publish.  Reload.  For some reason I have never had to repeat.

Good luck!

Exactly what I've been doing, once the page is reploaded and I've moved them to where I want them and then publish it works.

Just wanted to post that the Invisionpower support got back to me about it and had a look at my website, let me know that the menu system has issues with needing to be refreshed and republished, and that a fix was coming in the next version (4.1.5)

Archived