Agile by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

2 hours ago, Gravi5tar said:

V1.0.6 isn't available on the Downloads list in the Marketplace!!!

Sorry, should be there now.

25 minutes ago, ABGenc said:

It is available on his site. I have just downloaded.

@Tom Christian I have upgraded the parent theme but the settings like Subforum Layout, Use dropdown icons can not be seen in child theme. What is it related to ?

One more thing, although I have uploaded 1.0.6, it still says Update Available !  on theme list next to Agile.

That is a very very annoying limitation of the software I'm afraid. It's even more painful for me when I make feature changes to my parent theme and have to reapply those all to each child theme.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tom Christian said:

Sorry, should be there now.

That is a very very annoying limitation of the software I'm afraid. It's even more painful for me when I make feature changes to my parent theme and have to reapply those all to each child theme.

So I think I will create another child theme from v1.0.6 and apply the changes I have made to it and I will have to do it on every update ? :(

22 hours ago, Tom Christian said:

Unfortunately, yes :(

I think I found a way and tried with positive result but I am not sure if it can cause problem that I am not aware now

• I have downloaded v1.0.5 child theme
  • Deleted it
  • Created another child of v1.0.6 with the same name
  • Uploaded the v1.0.5 version of it as a new version.

Most of the settings have come back but as I said I am not sure if it may have a negative affect.

Note : I have done all of the testing on my test site so I do not recommend it being done on a production site.

Hi @Tom Christian the breadcrumb line has a problem on Chrome. While it seems OK on IE and FF, the topic title is a bit dropped from the line and the Mark site read link is shown below. I believe it is related to CSS and you can help with that.

This only happens when "Use Default breadcrumbs" setting is used.

Here is how it seems in Chrome 

MazdaClubTR_Snip30.thumb.JPG.fc0ec4f6fe5

And how it seems in IE ( no problem ) 

MazdaClubTR_Snip31.thumb.JPG.c7619f144d6

14 hours ago, ABGenc said:

Is it just me or Back to top stopped working after v4.1.5 upgrade for all ?

Are there any errors in your browser console?

14 hours ago, Cloud 9 said:

Hi Tom, I would leave a review but i bought the theme at your site not here (so can't review or star)

So id just like to add - 100% recommended

Fantastic support and a really good skin, the best i have had the pleasure of using to date.

Thanks for the kind words. The last couple of weeks have been tough with constant releases from IPS and lack of time on my part to get updates out. The Christmas period should give me plenty of time to make the theme a lot more stable and hopefully introduce new features :)

20 hours ago, Tom Christian said:

Thanks for the kind words. The last couple of weeks have been tough with constant releases from IPS and lack of time on my part to get updates out. The Christmas period should give me plenty of time to make the theme a lot more stable and hopefully introduce new features :)

That is great Tom, I wonder if you plan any enhancement on Search box which is currently not very user friendly when Navigation layout is "Floated"

On 11/23/2015 at 9:45 AM, Gravi5tar said:

In addition to the broken 'site width' issue we have found the 'offline' page to have several problems too.

• The navigation links that normally (in the previous version) sit under the hero image now overlap in the image.
  • Also the Social Icons that are normally there have been replaced by an odd 'unread content' link.

grab_211.thumb.jpg.3ee47a42e28b2187b3013

Obviously the major issue is the 'site width' problem so we can open our site.

Any help with this greatly appreciated.

The layout and site width for the 'offline' page is still broken in 1.0.6!

Any update for the issue above Tom?

Also the ACP has some more minor issues...

• There is a white bar under the header that can obscure information and overlaps the 'pages' icon
  • The text disappears on the 'steps' boxes when doing upgrades or other wizard functions due to white on white font and background.  I think may be affecting some other information boxes too.
  • We are getting an error popping up when ever we try to edit just this theme regarding the client ID for google maps.  This occurs after reinstalling the theme on both our production and test site, separate servers.  This doesn't occur on the default or other themes.  The error can be dismissed but it pops up frequently when editing the settings.
  • Setting the group access for the live background changer causes an error, it has to be saved several times to accept any change.

Also...

That is great Tom, I wonder if you plan any enhancement on Search box which is currently not very user friendly when Navigation layout is "Floated"

Please can this be sorted out...it's so bad!

Many thanks.

On 12/14/2015 at 3:06 PM, Gravi5tar said:

The layout and site width for the 'offline' page is still broken in 1.0.6!

Can you confirm that you're not getting the site width issue elsewhere on your site? It's just happening on the offline page for you now?

On 12/16/2015 at 6:14 PM, Gravi5tar said:

Any update for the issue above Tom?

Also the ACP has some more minor issues...

• There is a white bar under the header that can obscure information and overlaps the 'pages' icon
  • The text disappears on the 'steps' boxes when doing upgrades or other wizard functions due to white on white font and background.  I think may be affecting some other information boxes too.
  • We are getting an error popping up when ever we try to edit just this theme regarding the client ID for google maps.  This occurs after reinstalling the theme on both our production and test site, separate servers.  This doesn't occur on the default or other themes.  The error can be dismissed but it pops up frequently when editing the settings.
  • Setting the group access for the live background changer causes an error, it has to be saved several times to accept any change.

Also...

Please can this be sorted out...it's so bad!

Many thanks.

My framework isn't built to support ACP themes. I personally find that aspect of the suite ridiculous especially as theme authors such as myself don't even have a choice to include support or not. I suggest switching to the default ACP theme via the dropdown in the header.

Regarding the Google maps error, this is fixed in the next version. For now, you can fix this by deleting all of the code inside the "Contact us" footer block inside the theme settings.

What is the error you see when you change the live background group setting?

Thank you for responding to these issues, the ACP theme and Google maps problems are now working following your suggestions, many thanks.

What is the error you see when you change the live background group setting?

This is the error, it' occurs if you try multiple selections such as 'admin' & 'moderators'.

Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.

If you select just one option like 'admin' or 'all groups' it saves fine.

Can you confirm that you're not getting the site width issue elsewhere on your site? It's just happening on the offline page for you now?

It only occurs now on the 'offline' page, your 1.0.6 release seems to have fixed the width issue for the 'online' pages.  But it's not just the site width, the 'offline' page is missing the social icons and has a confused overlapping layout as seen in the screengrab!

Thanks for any fix/ update you can offer for this.

6 hours ago, Gravi5tar said:

Thank you for responding to these issues, the ACP theme and Google maps problems are now working following your suggestions, many thanks.

This is the error, it' occurs if you try multiple selections such as 'admin' & 'moderators'.

If you select just one option like 'admin' or 'all groups' it saves fine.

It only occurs now on the 'offline' page, your 1.0.6 release seems to have fixed the width issue for the 'online' pages.  But it's not just the site width, the 'offline' page is missing the social icons and has a confused overlapping layout as seen in the screengrab!

Thanks for any fix/ update you can offer for this.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll address the offline page issues in 1.0.7 as there's too many issues to provide a hotfix.

I've not seen that error before with the groups setting. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'll investigate further.

Archived