Agile by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

Hi @Tom Christian,
I managed to solve this by myself, I found some surviving files of an old gallery I had.

Anyway, now I have another problem. My users made my notice long titles in the breadcrumb of the forum make the layout get crazy. Here's a screenshot:

2ywg13a.jpg.thumb.png.24b4653d3664039c80

Any suggestions?

I just tried it at this url: http://www.metalgearweb.it/test/index.php?/topic/11027-ground-zeroes-sezioni-e-suggerimenti/

...and it all looks great, long breadcrumbs visible fine, as below:

metal-gear.thumb.jpg.30ea9b711d9c877bff9

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @Tom Christian,

I restored default breadcrumbs in order to offer the best user experience I could. This is why @Steve Hull doesn't see the issue. Nonetheless, I preferred the other appearance better. If you need to see that bug on my forum too I'll create a public child skin to recreate it. 

I have other issues, though, and these are more serious in my opinion.

The register page is messed up. It exceeds the width of the screen and partially hide some of its content. This could drive some visitors willing to register away, although I don't have proof this happened. Here's a screenshot of how the page looks like.

Schermata_2015-08-26_alle_21.57.13.thumb

Please note how the social registering buttons are displayed. You can see this bug replicated by clicking here as a visitor.

The last issue with this theme is with the search feature. This is what happens when you click on the Search link (the Italian for that is "Cerca" :)).

Schermata_2015-08-26_alle_22.07.22.thumb

Please note that menu on the left of the screenshot. That is supposed to appear near the Search field. And this is what happens if I click on that menu.

Schermata_2015-08-26_alle_22.07.34.thumb

You can see this bug replicated even as a visitor, just by visiting my forum.

None of this ever happens with the Default Invision Power Board skin.

For others that are interested, the first big bug fix release for Agile will be once IPS4 1.0.13 has been released.

Allow me to say, as politely as possible, that this is very frustrating.

EDIT: I've found out another issue.

Every time I set background images from the ACP Edit section of a theme created with AGILE (Hero Message Background or the Background Image are my specific examples) it gets deleted the next time I edit something on that theme, and I have to re-upload it every time. This doesn't happens for the Logo image, but only with those two examples.

Hi @Tom Christian,

I restored default breadcrumbs in order to offer the best user experience I could. This is why @Steve Hull doesn't see the issue. Nonetheless, I preferred the other appearance better. If you need to see that bug on my forum too I'll create a public child skin to recreate it. 

I have other issues, though, and these are more serious in my opinion.

The register page is messed up. It exceeds the width of the screen and partially hide some of its content. This could drive some visitors willing to register away, although I don't have proof this happened. Here's a screenshot of how the page looks like.

Schermata_2015-08-26_alle_21.57.13.thumb

Please note how the social registering buttons are displayed. You can see this bug replicated by clicking here as a visitor.

The last issue with this theme is with the search feature. This is what happens when you click on the Search link (the Italian for that is "Cerca" :)).

Schermata_2015-08-26_alle_22.07.22.thumb

Please note that menu on the left of the screenshot. That is supposed to appear near the Search field. And this is what happens if I click on that menu.

Schermata_2015-08-26_alle_22.07.34.thumb

You can see this bug replicated even as a visitor, just by visiting my forum.

None of this ever happens with the Default Invision Power Board skin.

Allow me to say, as politely as possible, that this is very frustrating.

EDIT: I've found out another issue.

Every time I set background images from the ACP Edit section of a theme created with AGILE (Hero Message Background or the Background Image are my specific examples) it gets deleted the next time I edit something on that theme, and I have to re-upload it every time. This doesn't happens for the Logo image, but only with those two examples.

1st Issue: I will set this feature on my test board and see if I can reproduce

2nd Issue: I can't replicate this on your site. It looks fine for me. What browser/OS are you using?

3rd Issue: The search feature is intentionally different to the default. It's just not rendering very nicely for you in terms of positioning. I plan on re-designing this so it's more user friendly.

4th Issue: Please read back a few pages regarding this. It's a bug in IPS4. Matt told me that it's going to be fixed in 4.0.13. 

--

I'm not sure why you're comparing these issues to the default theme. Agile is not the default theme - It's massively customized and isn't a simple "re-color" like most themes available. Whilst I appreciate that you may find the issues frustrating, I'm afraid that a few issues here and there are to be expected so early on. I can only ask that you stay patient and keep reporting them to me and I'll fix them as soon as I possibly can :).

Any ideas when that will be?  Just roughly, days/weeks/months??

IPS just put 4.0.13 up for preview testing so I'm guessing days.

1st Issue: I will set this feature on my test board and see if I can reproduce

2nd Issue: I can't replicate this on your site. It looks fine for me. What browser/OS are you using?

3rd Issue: The search feature is intentionally different to the default. It's just not rendering very nicely for you in terms of positioning. I plan on re-designing this so it's more user friendly.

4th Issue: Please read back a few pages regarding this. It's a bug in IPS4. Matt told me that it's going to be fixed in 4.0.13. 

--

I'm not sure why you're comparing these issues to the default theme. Agile is not the default theme - It's massively customized and isn't a simple "re-color" like most themes available. Whilst I appreciate that you may find the issues frustrating, I'm afraid that a few issues here and there are to be expected so early on. I can only ask that you stay patient and keep reporting them to me and I'll fix them as soon as I possibly can :).

IPS just put 4.0.13 up for preview testing so I'm guessing days.

1st Issue:
I'm not sure we understood each other. I prefer NOT having to restore the default breadcrumbs! I had to restore them in order to avoid that problem.

2nd Issue:
I got that problem on Safari, Chrome and Firefox (all browsers are up to date) and I'm using Mac Os X 10.10.3. 

3rd Issue:

Looking forward to it. Have you any suggestion on how to make the feature usable for my users?

4th Issue:

Ok then. I'll wait!

I'm not comparing anything, I'm just saying this time I checked to be sure those were not IPB bugs. I like this theme, and that's why I bought it! It's just frustrating having to wait to fix something that I think is very important.

Some basic help needed here, I don't know how to sort out the license.  I purchased the theme a few weeks ago but there have been no emails with a license key yet.  Both the old version and this latest one have a broken link in the settings...

Did you purchase this theme from the Invision Marketplace? See this article for help on how to generate a license key.

I must be getting very old as I can't seem to find how you sign up to that support website :rofl:...there is only a log in link.

I've installed the theme and wanted to add a block of links to the footer.  There doesn't seem to be a default block for this so I've activated a blank block, however, there is nowhere to change the title of the blank block so it shows up as 'base_footer_block_blank1_title'.  There is no guidance for this in the instructions that I can see, thanks for any help here.

I would also like to remove the copyright, I'm guessing this requires sign-up to the support site....the initial issue :rofl:

Many thanks.

Some basic help needed here, I don't know how to sort out the license.  I purchased the theme a few weeks ago but there have been no emails with a license key yet.  Both the old version and this latest one have a broken link in the settings...

I must be getting very old as I can't seem to find how you sign up to that support website :rofl:...there is only a log in link.

I've installed the theme and wanted to add a block of links to the footer.  There doesn't seem to be a default block for this so I've activated a blank block, however, there is nowhere to change the title of the blank block so it shows up as 'base_footer_block_blank1_title'.  There is no guidance for this in the instructions that I can see, thanks for any help here.

I would also like to remove the copyright, I'm guessing this requires sign-up to the support site....the initial issue :rofl:

Many thanks.

Hi,

I'm happy to help. I'll also see if I can improve documentation to better answer these questions.

1) Did you purchase Agile on the official marketplace here? If so, there's no license key for those customers yet. This only applies to customers who purchased from my own site.

2) You're right about adding a blank block. To change the title, you would need to edit the localization section which appears under "Customization" inside your ACP.

3) The sign up process occurs when you check out with a product on my site. In this case you would need to purchase a copyright removal license.

Hope that helps :)

1.0.3 Released

https://community.invisionpower.com/contributors/files/7679-agile-by-ips-themes

Changelog

- Upgraded to 4.0.13
    - Errors when entering license key fixed.
    - Missing license key lang strings fixed.
    - The chat menu does not show the number of users in chat room fixed.
    - The chat does not open in a new window even if I set "Open in a new window" in Chat -> Settings fixed.
    - Fixed the gallery page, when on a small screen, the album title and date overlays each other.
    - Live customiser width is hardcoded. Now linked to settings.
    - Live customiser not live changing some colors fixed
    - Live customiser color picker changing color of all forum icons instead of just unread ones fixed
    - Live Customiser editing fonts/width even if disabled fixed
    - Miscellaneous settings tab typo fixed.
    - Javascript removed dev logs
    - Advanced footer leaving markup even if disabled fixed
    - Breadcrumb overflow spacing where certain words were being cut off issue fixed
    - Featured Entries title in blog missing now fixed
    - Hero background image missing lang entry
    - Live customizer tried to add blank images in the CSS when it was disabled or no images uploaded now fixed
    - Vote count missing from poll titles fixed (https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/419040-agile-by-ips-themes/?do=findComment&comment=2578118)
    - Instagram footer block no longer broken

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for the help regarding the license key and the copyright purchase.

The base_footer_block_blank1_title language string doesn't seem to exist so I can't edit it.  I can see the other blocks like 'about us' etc have a title string but nothing for the blank blocks.  What is the best way to fix this, can I create it (if so, how?) or is a patch required?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Another issue with your IPSThemes site.  I've purchased from you before and already have my email registered on the site but have lost the password.  I follow the 'reset password' link and enter my email, this sends a reset email with a link to click....I click it and I'm sent back to the login page, so I'm in a loop with no page to enter a new password.  Thanks for any help!

Edit:-  we had success using an ipad, it must be a cookie thing with desktops.

Hi @Tom Christian I cant access the link given above for upgrade . It says

"The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. " and under official site http://ipsthemes.com/account/  only 1.0.2 is downloadable.

Sorry, wrong link. It is:

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7679-agile-by-ips-themes/

Hi,

Another issue with your IPSThemes site.  I've purchased from you before and already have my email registered on the site but have lost the password.  I follow the 'reset password' link and enter my email, this sends a reset email with a link to click....I click it and I'm sent back to the login page, so I'm in a loop with no page to enter a new password.  Thanks for any help!

Edit:-  we had success using an ipad, it must be a cookie thing with desktops.

Strange. I'll take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Tom

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but a while back when I first signed up you'd said create a child theme, rename it, and personalise it, then when you release a new version I can just update the parent/original Agile and I shouldn't lose my amends.

So I did all that, but the updates aren't filtering down to my child theme.  Should they?  Or do I have to upload the new Agile over the top of my child version?  If so, then would I lose any amends?

Thanks

Steve

Bought and first time installing for IPB4.....installed and got this message when I try to make it my default theme

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in ***/public_html/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(1384) : eval()'d code on line 69

***Edit:  Scratch that, I get that error anytime I make a change within the theme and click "save"

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Bought and first time installing for IPB4.....installed and got this message when I try to make it my default theme

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in ***/public_html/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(1384) : eval()'d code on line 69

***Edit:  Scratch that, I get that error anytime I make a change within the theme and click "save"

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

It looks to me like a more serious issue with the software rather than the theme. If you PM me the login details to your ACP I can try installing the theme myself to see if that makes a difference. I suggest for now though, that you create a ticket with IPS Support so they can investigate.

Archived