Agile by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

On 9/22/2015, 7:22:41, Tom Christian said:

I'd recommend adding your own css file and placing your styles in there. Go to your theme list in the ACP, then go to the html/css templates for the theme. Navigate to css/core/front/custom/ and create a CSS template inside here. Add the below style and save and it should override the existing styles.

#ipsLayout_header header {
	background: #fff url(urltomyimage.jpg) no-repeat;
}

That worked perfectly!   Many, many thanks!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I have a problem that I can not overcome.

On IPB 3.4.8, subforums were listed under the parent folder, total posts and last poster. It was not sharing the area with subforum list which was making it easy to list long named subforums as I have in my site as you can see below

MazdaClubTRSnip2.JPG.dd8cc16eed0528c1b55

But in IPS4, the same line is shared with subforum lists-total post count and last poster and the view becomes as below making it hard to get what the subforum is all about. ( The view is much worse in mobile )

Is it easy to make ipsDataItem_stats_number and ipsDataItem_lastposter share the same div with ipsDataItem_title so that full width is left for the subforum list as it was in 3.4.8 ?

MazdaClubTRSnip3.thumb.JPG.3d72e5ba18d89

On 10/13/2015, 9:15:54, ABGenc said:

Hi Tom,

I have a problem that I can not overcome.

On IPB 3.4.8, subforums were listed under the parent folder, total posts and last poster. It was not sharing the area with subforum list which was making it easy to list long named subforums as I have in my site as you can see below

MazdaClubTRSnip2.JPG.dd8cc16eed0528c1b55

But in IPS4, the same line is shared with subforum lists-total post count and last poster and the view becomes as below making it hard to get what the subforum is all about. ( The view is much worse in mobile )

Is it easy to make ipsDataItem_stats_number and ipsDataItem_lastposter share the same div with ipsDataItem_title so that full width is left for the subforum list as it was in 3.4.8 ?

MazdaClubTRSnip3.thumb.JPG.3d72e5ba18d89

On 10/21/2015, 2:50:06, ABGenc said:
Hi @Tom Christian , any comment on the question above ?

Added to that I wonder how unread topics' circle and star icons can be made bold and coloured as it is in default theme rather than grey ?

Default Theme ;

MazdaClubTR_Snip11.thumb.JPG.eff663551e3

Agile ;

MazdaClubTR_Snip12.thumb.JPG.8b0b574c5cc

Sorry for the delay, I saw your ticket which lead me here. I didn't get a notification here for some reason.

The first thing you describe is simply not possible without making some pretty heavy changes to that area.

The second thing actually looks like a bug with the theme. I've added it to my tracker and will try to fix it ASAP (Most likely with the 4.1 update). In the meantime you could apply a style like the following:

.ipsDataItem_unread span.ipsItemStatus {
    color: black;
}

15 minutes ago, Tom Christian said:

Sorry for the delay, I saw your ticket which lead me here. I didn't get a notification here for some reason.

The first thing you describe is simply not possible without making some pretty heavy changes to that area.

The second thing actually looks like a bug with the theme. I've added it to my tracker and will try to fix it ASAP (Most likely with the 4.1 update). In the meantime you could apply a style like the following:

.ipsDataItem_unread span.ipsItemStatus {
    color: black;
}

Thanks Tom, the fix quickly solved.

For the first thing ; there are two options to overcome this problem
  1. To shorten the forum names ( which as you might imagine is not possible )
  2. To reduce the font and other spaces around to open more space for forum names

I wonder if you can help for the second choice.

11 minutes ago, ABGenc said:
Thanks Tom, the fix quickly solved.

For the first thing ; there are two options to overcome this problem
  1. To shorten the forum names ( which as you might imagine is not possible )
  2. To reduce the font and other spaces around to open more space for forum names

I wonder if you can help for the second choice.

Glad to hear it fixed it :)

Unfortunately, I cannot help with the second issue as this would be classed as custom work. I'm unavailable for hire at the moment I'm afraid. You could try the provider section?

2 minutes ago, Tom Christian said:

Glad to hear it fixed it :)

Unfortunately, I cannot help with the second issue as this would be classed as custom work. I'm unavailable for hire at the moment I'm afraid. You could try the provider section?

Ok, I will look for a solution myself and try a provider if needed. Thanks ;)

After the 4.1 update I received an error 500 and the site wouldn't load.  I can get access to the acp and after a few steps in the the support section it recovered the site by forcing the default theme.  Sure enough if you then change the theme to Agile the error returns.  Thanks for any update news, time frames etc.

4 hours ago, Gravi5tar said:

After the 4.1 update I received an error 500 and the site wouldn't load.  I can get access to the acp and after a few steps in the the support section it recovered the site by forcing the default theme.  Sure enough if you then change the theme to Agile the error returns.  Thanks for any update news, time frames etc.

Despite what IPS are saying, any theme that has more than slightly basic customization has a high chance of breaking. My themes are not compatible with 4.1 yet. I do not have a time frame but I'll be starting the upgrades at the weekend :)

Hi Tom,

I currently waiting for 4.1 update of your theme too. I would like to know if the Twitter Widget ID issue will be resolved on this update and will the footer social icon be able to customized. (e.g. hyperlink title, hyperlink target, etc.) ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

5 hours ago, Foolboy said:

Hi Tom,

I currently waiting for 4.1 update of your theme too. I would like to know if the Twitter Widget ID issue will be resolved on this update and will the footer social icon be able to customized. (e.g. hyperlink title, hyperlink target, etc.) ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

I started upgrading my framework yesterday. It is massively customized so it'll take a little longer than expected. Agile will be first to be upgraded once I've finished with the framework though :).

On 10/29/2015, 9:18:06, Tom Christian said:

I started upgrading my framework yesterday. It is massively customized so it'll take a little longer than expected. Agile will be first to be upgraded once I've finished with the framework though :).

This is great to hear. Your theme rocks it when fully configured. Miss it badly on our brand new board..

On 29.10.2015 11:18:06, Tom Christian said:

Tom, any good news about it ? :)

1.0.5 RELEASED

- Compatible with IPS 4.1

- Navigation re-build to work with 4.1 menu manager feature

- Search completely re-designed in ‘floated nav’ layout

- Massive improvements for RTL languages

- Chat counter positioning fixed

- Restored low opacity on forum icons to indicate no new posts

- Custom CSS theme setting fixed

- Many new style settings

Archived