Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

Not trying to be terse or evasive, sorry if I've come off that way. Been working all-out on a work project, but that's done as of yesterday. (yay)

So I'll look into the various issues reported. The search index/recache bug is my first priority. I'll look at the display-as-categories feature malfunctioning after that. Should have word later this week.

I don't know whether I'll be able to continue supporting versions 4.0.0-4.1.8 with the index changes -- I'll do what I can though.

Edited by Ryan H.

I have a potential fix for the various index problems. It's even more complicated now than it was before, so I need more time to vet it. I burnt the whole evening on that, so I haven't gotten to looking at anything else yet. Probably won't be available tomorrow night. Maybe Saturday.

I'm not going to support the search index (for tag updates) as it was in 4.1.0-4.1.8 following the current release. It's just too much of a mess to cover it both ways. You can run a search reindex to clear it up anyway.

19 hours ago, Namo said:

Not only.

Show prefixes on main page - did not work

Show tags in topic list - did not work

Show as Categories - did not work

I hope that after the update problems disappear.

Um, I'm not sure what's going on for you, but all of that stuff should work perfectly except maybe the categories part (which I've gotten a few reports about).

Edited by Ryan H.

See my forum. Everything that I wrote on.

https://octavia.team/forum/3-skoda-octavia/

So it should look like?

I gave you the data to the administrator panel. See if it works. This is my fault if your program does not work?

Previously, I had to licenses enable Toy script from their previous owner forum. Now I bought her on this account. After updating everything went wrong.

Edited by Namo
1 hour ago, Koper74 said:

Hi @Ryan H.,

we've got som trouble with IPS v4.1.10 and ATP 3.1.4:

• "Show tags in topic list" doesn't work
  • Prefixes in topic list are also missing
  • Prefixes in search-results are shown as tags

I'll look into 1 and 2.

3 is working as expected. The search engine works totally different now; everything is just posts, and IPS does not distinguish between tags and prefixes in any way.

What's New in Version 3.1.5

• Compatibility fixes for IPS 4.1.9+.
  • Fixed forum last post prefix not being updated on topic edit or multimod.
  • Fixed forum tag/prefix settings (particularly 'show as categories') not being loaded on forum index.
  • Fixed potential error on node save/edit from allowed_prefixes field.
  • Fixed potential error on saved action edit.
  • Fixed spaces being ignored in tag cloud 'exclude' field.

This should resolve most if not all outstanding issues. Please upgrade and try it out. If your problems persist, let me know. I may need more details.

16 hours ago, Koper74 said:
  • Prefixes in topic list are also missing

Follow-up on this one specifically: I wasn't able to reproduce -- but that could have been related to the search index bug and a broken tag cache. Upgrade, then run the 'recache tags' tool, and see if that fixes it. It should.

3 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Upgrade, then run the 'recache tags' tool, and see if that fixes it. It should.

Upgraded, thank you for the quick turn  around.  Racache Tags tool is failing for me.  After some time I am getting 

Sorry, there is a problem
The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 2S100/6 

I increase max_execution_time in php, but that did not resolve the problem

thanks,

Steve K.

Edited by misfit76
6 hours ago, misfit76 said:

Upgraded, thank you for the quick turn  around.  Racache Tags tool is failing for me.  After some time I am getting 

Sorry, there is a problem
The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 2S100/6 

I increase max_execution_time in php, but that did not resolve the problem

Works fine for others. What version of IPS, and could you send me the exact URL of the page when you get that error?

4 hours ago, Namo said:

When I edit (do not change) and saves this post prefixes and tags show up. How to do it en masse on all subjects?

Did you run the 'recache tags' tool?

4 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Works fine for others. What version of IPS, and could you send me the exact URL of the page when you get that error?

IPS 4.1.10.

The URL is 

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/admin/?adsess=mNplZZl4DIJkPccQoWlTf0&app=advancedtagsprefixes&module=manage&controller=tools&do=rebuild

and i think this is the type query that it is running

/*IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools::rebuild:360*/ SELECT c.index_id, t.index_tag FROM `core_search_index` AS `c` LEFT JOIN `core_search_inde
x_tags` AS `t` ON t.index_id=c.index_id WHERE index_class like '%forums%' AND index_class like '%forums%' AND index_item_id=139474;

Edited by misfit76

lol, Sorry, I updated and then it surprised me to see my issue fixed (not that I'm surprised that you fixed a bug but I feel like I was unprepared for it?). I appreciate the category listing being fixed. The tag cloud thing is still pending for me though.

Thanks for being awesome @Ryan H.

Edited by Morrigan
5 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

lol, Sorry, I updated and then it surprised me to see my issue fixed (not that I'm surprised that you fixed a bug but I feel like I was unprepared for it?). I appreciate the category listing being fixed. The tag cloud thing is still pending for me though.

Thanks for being awesome @Ryan H.

Ach. Okay. I know where the problem is for that, anyway.

1 hour ago, Namo said:

Not work here, but work there, why?

I don't know. From the frontend, I don't see any technical reason why that would be the case--they're both category views, so if it works in one place, it should work in the other, assuming for 'the other' they're actually configured and enabled.

I'll be at a conference until late next week, so support will be minimal in the mean time.