Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

21 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Hey @Ryan H. I'm having an issue with your mod making it to where I cannot modify Pages databases. Once I disable your mod it works just fine. It's not producing an error but it's not saving. If you need to see it in action I can show you.

Can you send me ACP and FTP access? Without a visible error, and not owning Pages, this is going to be tough for me to chase down. Send through https://privnote.com/ and PM.

13 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Hey @Ryan H. I'm having an issue with your mod making it to where I cannot modify Pages databases. Once I disable your mod it works just fine. It's not producing an error but it's not saving. If you need to see it in action I can show you.

I can confirm this. IPS looked into it and they too pinpointed Advanced Tags & Prefixes is the cause of the problem Pages databases can't retain settings.

Edited by GrooveOnBeat
3 minutes ago, motomac said:

A new prefix becomes lowercased after saving (at least in Cyrillic). For example, I'm trying to create "Реклама", but after saving I get "реклама".

Do you have the 'Convert all tags to lowercase' setting enabled? That's under System > Settings > Posting > Tags.

Yes, I have. I didn't know that it impacts perfixes too. Is it possible to make prefixes without lowercasing? Because prefixes are defined by me, and I'm sure that I set good looking prefixes while users who use tags can make them ugly.

7 hours ago, motomac said:

Yes, I have. I didn't know that it impacts perfixes too. Is it possible to make prefixes without lowercasing? Because prefixes are defined by me, and I'm sure that I set good looking prefixes while users who use tags can make them ugly.

No, it's all or nothing. Internally, tags and prefixes are treated as basically the same thing.

Is it possible to limit specific tags to certain forums? I see the option to define default tags per forum, but this tags new topics with all defined tags. I want the user to select relevant tags without having to delete all the non-relevant tags. I'm using a closed tag system.

If this is possible, can you please tell me how to accomplish it?

Edited by PrettyPixels
On 27/04/2016 at 6:21 AM, TheEnd- said:

All due respect, but $42 for prefixes? Holy canoli. 

As a customer of this application I can honestly say; you get what you pay for. I'm still playing around with this and already it's fantastic. The dev is on the ball with updates and I can't complain about it at all. Sure the price is steep but in this case you're paying for quality. 

Edited by Tripp_UK
7 hours ago, PrettyPixels said:

Is it possible to limit specific tags to certain forums? I see the option to define default tags per forum, but this tags new topics with all defined tags. I want the user to select relevant tags without having to delete all the non-relevant tags.

If this is possible, can you please tell me how to accomplish it?

Look at the previous tab, posting settings. There's a field at the bottom to set 'defined tags' for that forum. It's separate from the other AT&P settings because it's a default setting / part of the IPS core. Does that answer your question?

7 hours ago, motomac said:

No, I mean that now if I want to change a prefix, I need to open a topic and edit it. It would be nice if I can do this without opening the editing page. Like the default AJAX rename topics function by the long click on the title.

I understand. I don't intend to add inline editing like that. However, you can create saved actions to set particular prefixes, and you can easily apply those from the topic view (dropdown) or list (checkboxes).

@Ryan H. I've found a bug.

It appears I cannot create, or make a database (Pages) to store records directly to the database with this application enabled. What happens is when it's saved, it switches back to "Yes, allow records to be stored in different categories" as opposed to what I set it to "No, store records in the database directly". 

When I disable the application, I magically can.

On 5/11/2016 at 5:05 PM, Ryan H. said:

Look at the previous tab, posting settings. There's a field at the bottom to set 'defined tags' for that forum. It's separate from the other AT&P settings because it's a default setting / part of the IPS core. Does that answer your question?

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! ^_^

On 12/5/2016 at 5:54 PM, Tripp_UK said:

It appears I cannot create, or make a database (Pages) to store records directly to the database with this application enabled. What happens is when it's saved, it switches back to "Yes, allow records to be stored in different categories" as opposed to what I set it to "No, store records in the database directly". 

same, and i can't save changes like:

Allow comments

Comments must be approved?

Allow reviews

Reviews must be approved?

Edit own records indefinitely

these have in common bit... see applications\cms\modules\admin\databases\databases.php on form() function

/* Bit options */
foreach ( array( 'comments', 'comments_mod', 'reviews', 'reviews_mod', 'indefinite_own_edit' ) as $k )
{
	if ( isset( $values[ "cms_bitoptions_{$k}" ] ) )
	{
		$current->options[ $k ] = $values["cms_bitoptions_{$k}"];
		unset( $values["cms_bitoptions_{$k}"] );
	}
}

Edited by BomAle
4 hours ago, BomAle said:

same, and i can't save changes like:

these have in common bit... see applications\cms\modules\admin\databases\databases.php on form() function

On 5/12/2016 at 11:54 AM, Tripp_UK said:

I've heard the same from someone else, that AT&P prevents saving of some Pages DB settings. I haven't had a chance to investigate further yet, but I will. In the mean time, I'd recommend temporarily disabling the app to make your settings changes, then re-enabling it when you're finished. I know it isn't ideal, but it should work.

BomAle, thanks for the info--that should help round it down.

On 4/12/2016 at 1:07 PM, motomac said:

moved a topic with a prefix to the forum, where prefixes are not allowed. And now I can't remove or edit this prefix. It's still visible.

May be a prefix should be removed automatically in such cases?

On 4/11/2016 at 10:07 AM, Matk said:

It would be nice if when moving a topic to an area where it is not allowed tags, they were removed or on editing the topic they are removed automatically... Some people put the exact same prefix on the tag and it is not possible to delete or put the prefix.

I'm having the same issue. I moved a topic from a forum that requires a prefix to a forum that doesn't have any prefixes. Now I can't strip the prefix out.

Is there any fix planned for this?

1 hour ago, PrettyPixels said:

I'm having the same issue. I moved a topic from a forum that requires a prefix to a forum that doesn't have any prefixes. Now I can't strip the prefix out.

Is there any fix planned for this?

Not planned. You can set up a 'remove prefix' saved action to get rid of it in that situation, but I can just as well think of situations where that behavior would be desirable.

Hi,

Thank You for this great plugin but I have 2 questions :

- Is it possible to display uppercase prefixes (not tags) ?

EDIT : made this with CSS trick :

.ipsBadge {
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

Hope this class is not used elsewhere.

- Is it possible to use auto completion for tags selection in closed mode (in place of the dropdown list that can be too long) ?

Edited by Li3D