Jump to content

Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x


Ryan H.

Recommended Posts

Bug? Display the prefixes as links below the forum description, like subforums > not working.

IPS 4.1.7 and Advance Tags & Prefixes 3.1.3:

tag002.png.57b17a5b81474da9e9a735af97fe0

After upgrade to IPS 4.1.8.1 and after that upgrading to Advance Tags & Prefixes 3.1.4
(The cache trip and Advanced Tools > "Fix it" was done. Settings correct.)
 

tag004.png.00d36d5d7cff1ddf15daea92020b7

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tyreco said:

Bug? Display the prefixes as links below the forum description, like subforums > not working.

IPS 4.1.7 and Advance Tags & Prefixes 3.1.3:

After upgrade to IPS 4.1.8.1 and after that upgrading to Advance Tags & Prefixes 3.1.4
(The cache trip and Advanced Tools > "Fix it" was done. Settings correct.)

 

It shouldn't be necessary, but check the tag/prefix settings on your forums and resave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just purchased and am experiencing the same thing. The plugin seems to work correctly, it's just that the Add Prefix dropdown does not appear when the plugin is enabled. It DOES however appear when I disable it. I've tried enabling/disabling various settings to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cmcclure16 said:

I just purchased and am experiencing the same thing. The plugin seems to work correctly, it's just that the Add Prefix dropdown does not appear when the plugin is enabled. It DOES however appear when I disable it. I've tried enabling/disabling various settings to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's not what the others were talking about.

The app requires all prefixes to be defined explicitly in the admin panel. Did you set them up (content > Advanced Tags & Prefixes > Prefixes) and add them as 'allowed prefixes' on your forum(s)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

That's not what the others were talking about.

The app requires all prefixes to be defined explicitly in the admin panel. Did you set them up (content > Advanced Tags & Prefixes > Prefixes) and add them as 'allowed prefixes' on your forum(s)?

Sorry, I did see someone mention my issue on the previous page and mistakenly thought that's what people on this page were talking about.

Adding them as "allowed prefixed" in the forum settings was the step I was missing. Thank you so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ryan H. The widget changes are fabulous but not working completely correctly. I've added some filters to remove specific "tags" from the tag cloud and some are working and others are not. I've double and triple checked that they should be filtered but are not. I thought maybe it was things with "spaces" in it but that doesn't seem to be the case I'm able to hide some but not all of the ones that I want to hide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

@Ryan H. The widget changes are fabulous but not working completely correctly. I've added some filters to remove specific "tags" from the tag cloud and some are working and others are not. I've double and triple checked that they should be filtered but are not. I thought maybe it was things with "spaces" in it but that doesn't seem to be the case I'm able to hide some but not all of the ones that I want to hide.

Can you give any specific examples?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Of course.

So I'm excluding these:

But you'll notice that (and now I notice it's actually not working for the one I thought it was working for so it may be the spaces):
All except for "model" are still showing.

Probably the spaces, yes. I'll look into it. May not be quick.

6 hours ago, BomAle said:

Hello there is feature to show tags on forum index? with url like https://invisionita.com/tags/forums/?search_app_filters[forums][forums][]=78 this work on mod for 3.x but on screenshot i don't see this.

 

EDIT https://invisionita.com/search/?&type=forums_topic&tags=forums&nodes=78 for 4.x

Could you clarify what you mean by showing on the forum index? That could mean a lot of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Amy Pond said:

Hi Ryan,

i have a little problem.

I'm using the same tags for different forum sections, but, when i click on a tag, i just need the contents associated with a specific section. Is there any way to solve?

This is the way IPS tags work which I also dislike, if you use For Sale and Wanted tags in 3 forums, when you click a tag you want the tags in that forum or app category only. It uses the search form so what it would have to do it highlight that area in the search form when clicked, and then if you wanted a global search, one could edit the form and search again. That's the logical way.

If this mod could solve that issue that would be just awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, chilihead said:

This is the way IPS tags work which I also dislike, if you use For Sale and Wanted tags in 3 forums, when you click a tag you want the tags in that forum or app category only. I

But this is exactly the way that I want... o.O why doesn't work on my forum? I've tried also to deactivated app, but nothing change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2016 at 5:40 AM, Amy Pond said:

But this is exactly the way that I want... o.O why doesn't work on my forum? I've tried also to deactivated app, but nothing change. 

Because IPS tags use global search so if you click one it shows results from all apps, all forums, etc. I am agreeing with you that this is not ideal, especially for closed system tags where you have the same tags in multiple forums or app categories, and your users expect them to show the content from that area only.

This is not a fault of this app but the way tags work. You should post in the Feedback forum.

EDIT: Suggestion was posted, for anyone interested:

 

Edited by chilihead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2016 at 2:05 PM, chilihead said:

This is the way IPS tags work which I also dislike, if you use For Sale and Wanted tags in 3 forums, when you click a tag you want the tags in that forum or app category only. It uses the search form so what it would have to do it highlight that area in the search form when clicked, and then if you wanted a global search, one could edit the form and search again. That's the logical way.

If this mod could solve that issue that would be just awesome!

You're correct about how it works.

I'd like to make such a change in the app, it's just ... complicated. The way IPS maps between tags and the content they apply to has no logical connection to that content type's search identifiers, which makes a generic solution all but impossible (as far as I'm aware). If we were only concerned about topics, I could say 'limit the tag search to the current forum' easily enough--but I don't know a way to do that and also have it work for content, and downloads, and every other tag-supporting app out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/2/2016 at 6:46 PM, BomAle said:

Hello there is feature to show tags on forum index? with url like https://invisionita.com/tags/forums/?search_app_filters[forums][forums][]=78 this work on mod for 3.x but on screenshot i don't see this.

 

EDIT https://invisionita.com/search/?&type=forums_topic&tags=forums&nodes=78 for 4.x

On 24/2/2016 at 1:30 AM, Ryan H. said:

Could you clarify what you mean by showing on the forum index? That could mean a lot of things.

On 3.4 the app permise to show categories on forum description like subforum. see the image attached.

Front

ryan2.thumb.png.9dd1a15d74034cf47f3e2950

AdminCP

ryan.thumb.png.b0ca9d3d7adb61457c0fdec48

I would know:

1. if the "show as categories" is almost a setting or not now

2. if the url contain filter by forum like on 3.4 (see Find more content tagged 'PS4' url on bottom of first screenshot)

Edited by BomAle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately "Rebuild Tag Cache" generates Error 500 during rebuild with 5, 100, 250 or 1000 records per cycle. This problem is not related to our server because we run dozens of scripts/rebuilds and some of them took a few hours to complete without errors.

Old tags are not shown in my discussion board and current Advanced Tags & Prefixes doesn't work because "Rebuild Tag Cache" generates an error. How do I fix it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We recently purchased Advanced Tags & Prefixes and we're loving it so far! 

However, we really need to bulk add tags to gallery images. I thought we could do that with this tool, but the mass-add tool is only for forums. Is there a way to mass-add to gallery images? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...