[JIMMO] MailChimp Sync PRO

9 minutes ago, NoGi said:

Hi, how does it sync up unsubscribe requests from the IPS community and the mailchimp list? Like if you unsubscribe on IPS, will it sync that request to MailChimp and remove the user from the distribution list?

Subscriber status is checked on each save of the member settings. If the user unsubscribes they will be deleted from the MailChimp list.

Edited by The Jimmo
2 minutes ago, The Jimmo said:

Subscriber status is checked on each save of the member settings. If the user unsubscribes they will be deleted from the MailChimp list.

Nice and does it work the other way too? If they unsubscribe from the MailChimp newsletter, does it update their IPS profile? The member engagement will be via MailChimp so it's the mailchimp unsubscribe link that is more likely to be clicked I would think.

14 hours ago, NoGi said:

Nice and does it work the other way too? If they unsubscribe from the MailChimp newsletter, does it update their IPS profile? The member engagement will be via MailChimp so it's the mailchimp unsubscribe link that is more likely to be clicked I would think.

Currently, this is one way from IPS to MailChimp. As previously our users that are using the app would not be using the IPS Bulk Mail feature. Though there might be some value in keeping them sync'd mutually. We'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by The Jimmo
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with 4.2 and not sure where the issue is.  I've downloaded version 4.2 and I've tried both registration / and mailchimp add button on the member name and neither is syncing to my MailChimp account.  I'm not seeing any errors and I'm getting a Sync success in my Admin CP, however it's not showing up in my Mailchimp.  Where should I look for issues?

12 hours ago, BostonBob said:

I'm having a problem with 4.2 and not sure where the issue is.  I've downloaded version 4.2 and I've tried both registration / and mailchimp add button on the member name and neither is syncing to my MailChimp account.  I'm not seeing any errors and I'm getting a Sync success in my Admin CP, however it's not showing up in my Mailchimp.  Where should I look for issues?

Make sure that your API Key and List ID are correct. If they are check to ensure that you're hitting the MailChimp account via the API by going to MailChimp -> Account -> Extra -> Api then scroll down to Historical API calls by day to verify.

10 hours ago, The Jimmo said:

Make sure that your API Key and List ID are correct. If they are check to ensure that you're hitting the MailChimp account via the API by going to MailChimp -> Account -> Extra -> Api then scroll down to Historical API calls by day to verify.

On the 4.2 version you have MailChimp List Display Name.  I don't see a List ID mentioned in the settings.  And no the API is not being called properly in the history.  It just shows the API called I use for my Wordpress sites.

10 hours ago, BostonBob said:

On the 4.2 version you have MailChimp List Display Name.  I don't see a List ID mentioned in the settings.  And no the API is not being called properly in the history.  It just shows the API called I use for my Wordpress sites.

Please follow Step 2 of the instructions. The label is Display Name but you need use the List ID.

12 minutes ago, The Jimmo said:

Please follow Step 2 of the instructions. The label is Display Name but you need use the List ID.

I did that originally and I tried the name and switched it back to the list ID number.  Still no go.  Where should I look for a problem?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey! Wanted to let you know that something in your plugin conflicts with profile photos. We were having trouble with profile photos - a user would upload a photo and then nothing would show after clicking UPLOAD, it just got stuck. So I turned off all the plugins and one by one turned them back on. This plugin, when turned on, conflicted with the profile image upload process. 

2 minutes ago, Blisslandia said:

Hey! Wanted to let you know that something in your plugin conflicts with profile photos. We were having trouble with profile photos - a user would upload a photo and then nothing would show after clicking UPLOAD, it just got stuck. So I turned off all the plugins and one by one turned them back on. This plugin, when turned on, conflicted with the profile image upload process. 

Please ensure you're utilizing the application, not the plugin. If you're utilizing a plugin it is a very old version of the add-on which may cause issues.

This is the version you should be utilizing for 4.2:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@The Jimmo We are still running the 'regular' PRO version and now upgraded from 4.2.8 to 4.3.x Does the version we use (and for which we received a renewal invoice last week) still work or are we required to upgrade to the new PRO application? If so, I assume we won't be charged for both and that we can exchange/upgrade our license for the new one?

4 minutes ago, Fifty50 said:

@The Jimmo We are still running the 'regular' PRO version and now upgraded from 4.2.8 to 4.3.x Does the version we use (and for which we received a renewal invoice last week) still work or are we required to upgrade to the new PRO application? If so, I assume we won't be charged for both and that we can exchange/upgrade our license for the new one?

The below application will work with 4.2/4.3 and is the only one to be used moving forward. All other versions have been dropped from support.

Edited by The Jimmo
2 minutes ago, The Jimmo said:

All other versions have been dropped from support.

I see. Then why am I being charged the renewal fee just 12 days ago? It's just $2 and I am more than happy to pay you for your work, but not if the software is unsupported - That doesn't seem right.

3 minutes ago, Fifty50 said:

I see. Then why am I being charged the renewal fee just 12 days ago? It's just $2 and I am more than happy to pay you for your work, but not if the software is unsupported - That doesn't seem right.

Renewals will still be issued as the files are available for download, I always suggest asking questions before paying any renewal if you are unsure. Please PM me and we can get you hooked up with the new version seeing as you paid the renewal for the old.

Edited by The Jimmo
  • 5 months later...
On 7/10/2017 at 2:01 PM, The Jimmo said:
  1. This app will sync to a "List" which then you can send multiple emails to and segment on.
  2. How it will work is you will want to sync that profile field then segment your list on that profile field in MailChimp for your particular mailing.

Does it mean..

if a Guest is signing up as a basic member it will be added to one mailchimp list. Il‘l give them a profile field (named basic e.g.).

If this basic member upgrades his account to a Membership Account with profile field Member it will automaticly switched them in mailchimp to the Membershiplist?

I hope you know what I mean. It‘s difficult to explain

3 hours ago, Reto Bachofner said:

Does it mean..

if a Guest is signing up as a basic member it will be added to one mailchimp list. Il‘l give them a profile field (named basic e.g.).

If this basic member upgrades his account to a Membership Account with profile field Member it will automaticly switched them in mailchimp to the Membershiplist?

I hope you know what I mean. It‘s difficult to explain

There are a few issues with your idea which would not allow it to work:

1. The app will only sync to one MailChimp list. 

2. This app does not take commerce or member groups into effect so any usage of that would be manual effort of updating your list in MailChimp or a custom profile field in IPS.

3. After the initial registration, the app only syncs on email change and profile edit so after purchase there would be no sync.

This app is due for some feature updates so I could look at adding in Commerce data if there is enough interest.