[JIMMO] MailChimp Sync PRO

No nothing, it’s just not syncing the list of doing anything. No errors at all. I tried registering a new account and that didn’t do anything either.

*edit* obviously normal functionality still works. It’s just the plugin that doesn’t.

Edited by Chris89
44 minutes ago, Chris89 said:

No nothing, it’s just not syncing the list of doing anything. No errors at all. I tried registering a new account and that didn’t do anything either.

*edit* obviously normal functionality still works. It’s just the plugin that doesn’t.

Have you followed the directions to setup the application to your MailChimp list?

If so, are you receiving any errors in your MailChimp api log?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, all configured with my API key..... there’s nothing at all logged in the ACP and in Mailchimp it appears to say the request was successful even though nothing is happening. It’s not even updating the “last changed” field on my list of a row exists.

its extremely confusing.

2 hours ago, Chris89 said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, all configured with my API key..... there’s nothing at all logged in the ACP and in Mailchimp it appears to say the request was successful even though nothing is happening. It’s not even updating the “last changed” field on my list of a row exists.

its extremely confusing.

Please ensure that the emails used haven't been ones that are either unsubscribed or have been removed from your list as MailChimp will filter those differently when viewing. If the email exists, it will update the user accordingly with the information provided in the configuration.

If you would like to PM me access to your community and MailChimp, I can help further clarify this for you.

• 6 months later...

Is there any way to filter who is synced? ie, like you can with the built-in bulk mail feature? I want to keep it below the 2000 free subscribers so want to limit it based on user activity rather than all signed up members. Possible or have I just wasted $15? 😉

11 minutes ago, johnr5 said:

Is there any way to filter who is synced? ie, like you can with the built-in bulk mail feature? I want to keep it below the 2000 free subscribers so want to limit it based on user activity rather than all signed up members. Possible or have I just wasted $15? 😉

The application does not offer list management or mailing features itself, that's why you use MailChimp 🙂 . It merely syncs users to your MailChimp account then any list management is done inside MailChimp. Please ask questions prior to purchasing if you require specific needs not outlined in the description.

Edited by The Jimmo
16 minutes ago, The Jimmo said:

The application does not offer list management or mailing features itself, that's why you use MailChimp 🙂 . It merely syncs users to your MailChimp account then any list management is done inside MailChimp. Please ask questions prior to purchasing if you require specific needs not outlined in the description.

And is there any way to pass on the last visited date of the user to mailchimp? If not, I have wasted $15. With respect, asking me to ask a question before purchase after I have purchased it is simply rude.

Edited by johnr5
2 minutes ago, johnr5 said:

And is there any way to pass on the last visited date of the user to mailchimp? If not, I have wasted $15.

Only the user's display name, email and custom profile fields that you define are sync'd per the description. I will update that to be more descriptive.

2 minutes ago, johnr5 said:

And with respect, asking me to ask a question before purchase after I have purchased it is simply rude.

My intentions were not to be rude but rather provide the best advice I can give for your situation. I hope this is a learning experience for you and if you are uncertain a product will meet your needs via the description, you ask questions. I'm readily available to answer any questions prior and after purchase, as I've done here. 

Just now, The Jimmo said:

Only the user's display name, email and custom profile fields that you define are sync'd per the description. I will update that to be more descriptive.

My intentions were not to be rude but rather provide the best advice I can give for your situation. I hope this is a learning experience for you and if you are uncertain a product will meet your needs via the description, you ask questions. I'm readily available to answer any questions prior and after purchase, as I've done here. 

A learning experience? Yes certainly, to make sure I never buy a product from you again. Step away from your computer and go out and meet some people in real life, you clearly need a learning experience in manners and how to be a mature adult.

The fact you are saying you will update the description shows you are admitting at least partial fault here. I will be leaving a suitable review.

• 2 months later...

@The Jimmo, I have some questions before purchasing:

• Can I have a block on my site for Guests to subscribe to newsletter without registering with my site?
  • Can I differ members (sync from IPS) and guests (subscribed directly) in Mailchimp list?
  • If Guest subscribes to Mailchimp first, and then decide to register with my site, will your app update the entry in Mailchimp with newly registered user?
  • What happens if the user uncheck receiving admin emails in his profile on my site, will the e-mail be deleted from Mailchimp in this case?
  • What happens if the user chose to receive admin emails later, will the e-mail be added to Mailchimp?
On 1/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, Sonya* said:

Can I have a block on my site for Guests to subscribe to newsletter without registering with my site?

This app will sync registered users only so this is not something offered via my app. 

Can I differ members (sync from IPS) and guests (subscribed directly) in Mailchimp list?

There’s nothing unique we pass to signify this. With that said, you can sync a profile field so you know they’re from your Invision Community. MailChimp also signifies in the profile in MailChimp that the user was added via their API, if that helps any.

If Guest subscribes to Mailchimp first, and then decide to register with my site, will your app update the entry in Mailchimp with newly registered user?

We only sync registered users.

What happens if the user uncheck receiving admin emails in his profile on my site, will the e-mail be deleted from Mailchimp in this case?

They will be changed to unsubscribed in your list as this is an unsubscribe action.

What happens if the user chose to receive admin emails later, will the e-mail be added to Mailchimp?

They will be re-subscribed. 

Thank you for your answers! I have sorted it out with the guests. The only question is still:

• Guest subscribes to the Maillist via MailChimp, e. g. with address guest@example.com
  • Later on this guest registers with the site using guest@example.com as email address

Do I have this person (email address) twice in MailChimp? Subscribed as guest and sync as registered user? Or will it be somehow merged in MailChimp? I hope it is understandable what I mean :rolleyes:

Edited by Sonya*
2 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Thank you for your answers! I have sorted it out with the guests. The only question is still:

• Guest subscribes to the Maillist via MailChimp, e. g. with address guest@example.com
  • Later on this guest registers with the site using guest@exampl.com as email address

Do I have this person (email address) twice in MailChimp? Subscribed as guest and sync as registered user? Or will it be somehow merged in MailChimp? I hope it is understandable what I mean :rolleyes:

Ah, sorry if I misunderstood. Believe I understand what you’re saying now. MailChimp treats email addresses uniquely. We also use commands to add or update email addresses so MailChimp would attempt to update the record on your MailChimp list and if it doesn’t exist, it will add the record. Therefore, you shouldn’t have duplicates.

I use this for my own community and also allow my Facebook and Twitter followers to join manually to our mailing list. We don’t experience any duplicates from users who sign up first outside of our Invision Community then later on do.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to use this to manage our community of paid membership subscriptions.
Is there any way to sync additional fields from products/commerce?
On our system, when a user signs up for the site, we put them in a TRIAL group. I'd like to sync the group name, the join date, along with the user info.

If they purchase a subscription product, They are moved into a MEMBER group. I'd like to sync their new group name, their product purchase date, the product/subscription expiration date.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, mcsg said:

I'd like to use this to manage our community of paid membership subscriptions.
Is there any way to sync additional fields from products/commerce?
On our system, when a user signs up for the site, we put them in a TRIAL group. I'd like to sync the group name, the join date, along with the user info.

If they purchase a subscription product, They are moved into a MEMBER group. I'd like to sync their new group name, their product purchase date, the product/subscription expiration date.

Thanks!

Sorry. Currently, only profile fields can be sync’d via this app. 

• 5 months later...

I have tried a test signup twice

It says insert list name which I did, on your instructions (perhaps old ones) it says insert ID number which I tried also

yes I added the api key also

I am still getting 0 on my list, any ideas?

I cant find the api logs anywhere

thank you for your help

1 hour ago, Ihia said:

I have tried a test signup twice

It says insert list name which I did, on your instructions (perhaps old ones) it says insert ID number which I tried also

yes I added the api key also

I am still getting 0 on my list, any ideas?

I cant find the api logs anywhere

thank you for your help

What you will want to use is what MailChimp now calls the "Audience ID" in the slot called "MailChimp List Display Name" (this will be updated in the next version as they changed things around recently)

You can check the system log in Invision Community's ACP to look for any logs the system will record. If any errors from the app, please let me know and I can help you figure it out.

nothing related in system logs 

only error is this, but unrelated, i will make a new api key

GeoIP Error

Requested IP: Array

Response:
IPS\Http\Response Object
(
    [httpResponseVersion] => 1.1
    [httpResponseCode] => 414
    [httpResponseText] => Request-URI Too Large
    [httpHeaders] => Array
        (
            [Server] => CloudFront
            [Date] => Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:46:30 GMT
            [Content-Type] => text/html
            [Content-Length] => 915
            [Connection] => close
            [X-Cache] => Error from cloudfront
            [Via] => 1.1 d1cde188ada6755fe03b8541b71fce4a.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
            [X-Amz-Cf-Pop] => IAD89-C1
            [X-Amz-Cf-Id] => b5FZGcNz9J5YblO77lRTUGo3MmQczmO5JzRvu6ukF1XX9DpRNKdRQA==
        )

[cookies] => Array
        (
        )

i didnt know what to add in the "mailchimp user name merge code" i only need to collect the email,   but i added this

*|FNAME|*

and i left all the tags as 0

Settings_-_2020-07-13_19_46_52.png.0c36e329ecec825872dfd9473594ee7c.png

Edited by Ihia
8 minutes ago, Ihia said:

nothing related in system logs 

only error is this, but unrelated, i will make a new api key

GeoIP Error

Requested IP: Array

Response:
IPS\Http\Response Object
(
    [httpResponseVersion] => 1.1
    [httpResponseCode] => 414
    [httpResponseText] => Request-URI Too Large
    [httpHeaders] => Array
        (
            [Server] => CloudFront
            [Date] => Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:46:30 GMT
            [Content-Type] => text/html
            [Content-Length] => 915
            [Connection] => close
            [X-Cache] => Error from cloudfront
            [Via] => 1.1 d1cde188ada6755fe03b8541b71fce4a.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
            [X-Amz-Cf-Pop] => IAD89-C1
            [X-Amz-Cf-Id] => b5FZGcNz9J5YblO77lRTUGo3MmQczmO5JzRvu6ukF1XX9DpRNKdRQA==
        )

[cookies] => Array
        (
        )

i didnt know what to add in the "mailchimp user name merge code" i only need to collect the email,   but i added this

*|FNAME|*

and i left all the tags as 0

Settings_-_2020-07-13_19_46_52.png.0c36e329ecec825872dfd9473594ee7c.png

You will want to remove the *| and |* on either side, just the name is needed

• 5 months later...