[JIMMO] MailChimp Sync PRO

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Andreas Toscan said:

that is clear - but doesnt work

Please make sure the path to your API files on your server is correct and your setting under "List Info" such as your List ID and Forum Username merge tag is correct. Please PM if it's not working after that

Edited by The Jimmo
  • 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, Fifty50 said:

@The Jimmo Is this plugin still working with the latest release of IPS, 4.1.19.3? And will 4.2 be supported? Very much in need of a reliable Mailchimp integration to sync our forum members to the mailinglist.

Yes, it works great in 4.1.19.3. I use it on my own community and plan on keeping it around as needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

On 04/05/2017 at 0:49 AM, The Jimmo said:

Yes, it works great in 4.1.19.3. I use it on my own community and plan on keeping it around as needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Jimmo,

Purchased and installed, but wasn't going smooth. Same error during install as above, but I was able to insert API data and ran XML install again, this time without errors.

But the real problem: With the plugin enabled I get a 500 error when a new user signs up. And when I manually sync a user to Mailchimp in the admin I get the following error:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Class 'chimp\Mailchimp' not found

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

I uploaded the mailchimp-api folder as instructed to the root of the site and checked the path at the plugin settings.

Please help ... 

1 hour ago, Fifty50 said:

Hi Jimmo,

Purchased and installed, but wasn't going smooth. Same error during install as above, but I was able to insert API data and ran XML install again, this time without errors.

But the real problem: With the plugin enabled I get a 500 error when a new user signs up. And when I manually sync a user to Mailchimp in the admin I get the following error:

I uploaded the mailchimp-api folder as instructed to the root of the site and checked the path at the plugin settings.

Please help ... 

Make sure you uploaded the mail-chimp api and the path is correct. Please also ensure that the server user has access to it.

On 05/05/2017 at 6:39 PM, The Jimmo said:

Make sure you uploaded the mail-chimp api and the path is correct. Please also ensure that the server user has access to it.

Works now, the path didn't have a closing slash, but now it has & works.

One more question: How do I use the batch sync feature of the Pro version? Can't find it in the readme and maybe I'm overlooking it in the admin.

Edited by Fifty50
1 hour ago, The Jimmo said:

Sorry, there is currently no batch sync.

That's bad news ... you stated differently before:

On 08/02/2016 at 6:47 PM, The Jimmo said:
  1. Yes, you would be able to sync all members with running a file provided.

Still think you did a nice job for a $10 plugin, but it could offer so much more, both in quality (validation, readable docs) and features (and then you could charge more of course). Hope this encourages you to do an update ;-)

BTW, no complaints on your support, you reply still quick!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4.2 PRO is available now. It is a bit of a re-do and is an application instead of a plugin due to some changes I made to make it more efficient plus some changes in 4.2 that did not allow me to utilize the plugin as effectively. There are more things coming in the not too distant future like a background task to sync the whole member list.

@The Jimmo - I have a couple of quick questions before purchase. Could you please tell me:

1) Does this handle multiple newsletters (under one MailChimp account) or are you limited to one newsletter? I have an arts site and would like to send out different newsletters for each section (graphic designers, writers, etc.)

2) Is it possible to automatically subscribe a member to a specific MailChimp newsletter based on a checked profile field?

6 minutes ago, PrettyPixels said:

@The Jimmo - I have a couple of quick questions before purchase. Could you please tell me:

1) Does this handle multiple newsletters (under one MailChimp account) or are you limited to one newsletter? I have an arts site and would like to send out different newsletters for each section (graphic designers, writers, etc.)

2) Is it possible to automatically subscribe a member to a specific MailChimp newsletter based on a checked profile field?

1. This app will sync to a "List" which then you can send multiple emails to and segment on.
  2. How it will work is you will want to sync that profile field then segment your list on that profile field in MailChimp for your particular mailing.