[JIMMO] MailChimp Sync PRO

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:30 PM, THL said:

Will this sync all existing IPB forum members with a mailchimp list also ?

Not at this time. It is a feature that is planned for development.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:49 AM, THL said:

Also I have just purchased this for use on IPB 4.36 will this work? As I cant see to find any controls of functions to add to Mailchimp once installed ?

Yes, the following file is the proper one to purchase for 4.2+. You will see a menu item under Community in your ACP.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 4:49 AM, OilPrice said:

Hello. I seem to be having an issue where the application syncs all users to my Mailchimp list, regardless of whether the member opts in or out to news & updates.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in the set-up? Thanks!

Please check the other third party applications/plugins you have installed by disabling all but this MailChimp Sync app. I've ran into this previously and another add-on was causing this check to be skipped by the software.

19 hours ago, The Jimmo said:

Please check the other third party applications/plugins you have installed by disabling all but this MailChimp Sync app. I've ran into this previously and another add-on was causing this check to be skipped by the software.

Hello,

Doesn't seem to have worked. Interestingly, we've taken a look more into it and it seems to work find on our local environment, but not on our staging environment. Are there specific server requirements/PHP extension requirements?

Thanks

4 hours ago, OilPrice said:

Hello,

Doesn't seem to have worked. Interestingly, we've taken a look more into it and it seems to work find on our local environment, but not on our staging environment. Are there specific server requirements/PHP extension requirements?

Thanks

I would suggest comparing what you have installed in your staging vs local environments as there are no special requirements. (The only one would be CURL but if you're receiving the calls to MailChimp, this would indicate it's installed) Something out of the norm in your community is causing this check to be skipped, I'm afraid. If that proves not to be fruitful, please PM me with your admin credentials and URL then I'll take a look.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, The Jimmo said:

I would suggest comparing what you have installed in your staging vs local environments as there are no special requirements. (The only one would be CURL but if you're receiving the calls to MailChimp, this would indicate it's installed) Something out of the norm in your community is causing this check to be skipped, I'm afraid. If that proves not to be fruitful, please PM me with your admin credentials and URL then I'll take a look.

I've taken a further look into this, and it all seems to be fixed now. All I did was disable two other applications we have installed, and re-enable them - I didn't think that these were a problem, as these are both installed on localhost, which it seems to all work fine on - so beats me as to exactly what it was!

However, I may have found a bug whereby a member is not removed from the MailChimp list when they opt out via their Notification preferences screen. I've noticed that in the member.php hook, there is no else{} statement accompanying if{} statement on line 24 to remove the user from the MailChimp list.

1 hour ago, OilPrice said:

Also, if a user unsubscribes via a MailChimp email does this sync up with their notification preferences on the forum?

No, as mentioned in the marketplace description and earlier in this topic, this is a one-way sync. This is something that is on our plans for our next big release of this app though.

Edited by The Jimmo
  • 1 month later...

Hello @The Jimmo,

I purchase "Mailchimp sync Pro" yesterday, configure it and try it registering "fake" accounts. I gave it 8-9 hours, maybe for hooks to work I don't know how quick should be, but didn't sync with Mailchimp.

Here are my questions/problems/followed steps:

- Installed the application
  - Added the Mailchimp API Key
  - In "MailChimp List Display Name": added the ID of the list "**********" (10 characters numbers+letters found in "List name and campaign defaults -> List ID"
  - In "MailChimp User Name Merge Code": added "*|MERGE1|*" and also tried "*|FNAME|*". ¿Maybe I should not put the "*|" and "|*" symbols? just "FNAME" or "MERGE1"?
  - Rest I left it in 0
  - When should it sync? right after they register? or right after they validate their email?

I attach settings images:
mailchimp-settings-1.thumb.jpg.6bef992597982f714ad94fd83afcff24.jpg

mailchimp-settings-2.thumb.jpg.2437d85e0b635dc1ffeebde684ebf54f.jpg

I attach the log that Mailchimp gives. It seems it connects and sends the info. There are 2 different logs:

1- Using *|FNAME|*

- From 05:45:34 to 05:46:40 = when registering
  - From 05:47:53 to 06:47:55 = when validating email from automatic email sent to user

mailchimp-sync-pro-api-logs1.thumb.jpg.68b40d3619b1041bfb337898bc6e7f72.jpg

2- Using "FNAME" (without *| |*)

- From 05:56:55 to 05:56:58 = when registering
  - From 05:57:40 to 05:57:45 = when validating email
mailchimp-sync-pro-api-logs2.thumb.jpg.a5ab018290158d2cedbfb6037a0c2ed1.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Hello @The Jimmo,

Let's recap:

- MailChimp API Key  =  ********************-us18 (no empty spaces)
  - MailChimp List ID  =  "**********" 10 characters numbers+letters found in "List name and campaign defaults -> List ID (no empty spaces)
  - MailChimp TAGNAME for the Merge Field for Member's Name  =  FNAME (no empty spaces, no special characters)

mailchimp.thumb.png.807f30845e6ebff981b9a8de8f761f05.png

- The API Key -> gives log's so it's correct connected
  - List ID -> I copy paste it
  - TAGNAME -> I used the FNAME as shown in the image, also tried "MERGE1" that is the default one.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Angel Costa said:

I cannot install it. When I upload the tar it tries to install then goes to a 404 page.

Maybe I have some of the old version (free) installed, but I can't figure out how to find these files.

Please ensure that the follow is met:

• All old versions have been uninstalled. They were plugins and found in ACP -> System -> Plugins
  • If you're running mod_security on your server, your host disabled it or adds exceptions for uploading applications in Invision Community.

Note: this should work on 4.4 but is not yet fully verified.

43 minutes ago, The Jimmo said:

Please ensure that the follow is met:

• All old versions have been uninstalled. They were plugins and found in ACP -> System -> Plugins
  • If you're running mod_security on your server, your host disabled it or adds exceptions for uploading applications in Invision Community.

Note: this should work on 4.4 but is not yet fully verified.

The plugin is uninstalled, but I keep getting the same error (even with mod_sec off):

1S160/2

Just now, Angel Costa said:

The plugin is uninstalled, but I keep getting the same error (even with mod_sec off):

1S160/2

Please ensure that the permissions to your applications folder on your server are writable. 

If that fails, are you able to install other applications? If not, you may need to submit a ticket to IPS.

1 minute ago, The Jimmo said:

Please ensure that the permissions to your applications folder on your server are writable. 

If that fails, are you able to install other applications? If not, you may need to submit a ticket to IPS.

Oh, I deleted the app and it says; Out of date applications

How do I remove all traces of the old plugin? I'm thinking this might be the issue.

I can install other apps and plugins, yes. And permissions are ok.

3 minutes ago, Angel Costa said:

Oh, I deleted the app and it says; Out of date applications

How do I remove all traces of the old plugin? I'm thinking this might be the issue.

I can install other apps and plugins, yes. And permissions are ok.

You would need to remove it from your file system.

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, OilPrice said:

Hello. I seem to be having an issue where the application syncs all users to my Mailchimp list, regardless of whether the member opts in or out to news & updates.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in the set-up? Thanks!

I confirm the issue. Syncs all users. (IPB4.3)

• 1 month later...