• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TQWorld2 said:

Great application, thanks. Working great on v4.1.10. This is a noob question but...how do I get the portal to be the landing page instead of the forums? The last time I messed with a portal was a few years ago with IPS v3.4.5 and it was a simple tweak in conf_global.

If you open your ACP > System tab > Applications. You'll notice a "star" icon next to every application. Click the star icon next to the Portal application will set it as the default start page for the forums.

• 1 month later...

i've just had the same on todays upgrade  and the navigation menu is missing form the forum...

Version 4.1.12 which was todays upgrade.

Invision Power has replied to your support request.

Hi,

This is an issue with the Portal application you have installed, please contact the modification author and pass this error message along.
Declaration of IPS\portal\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\_Portal::children() should be compatible with IPS\core\FrontNavigation\_FrontNavigationAbstract::children($noStore = false)

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Stuart Silvester
Invision Power Services, Inc.

I am having the same issue on one of my sites as Philip Gaines is. Error is

Declaration of IPS\portal\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\_Portal::children() should be compatible with IPS\core\FrontNavigation\_FrontNavigationAbstract::children($noStore = false)

#0 /public_html/init.php(276): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Declaration of ...', '/homepages/29/d...', 81, Array)
#1 /public_html/init.php(276): require_once()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\portal\\exte...')
#3 /public_html/applications/core/sources/FrontNavigation/FrontNavigation.php(257): spl_autoload_call('IPS\\portal\\exte...')
#4/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(718) : eval()'d code(6791): IPS\core\_FrontNavigation->roots(false)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->navBar()
#6 /public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 //public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(718) : eval()'d code(4627): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('navBar', Array)
#8 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('3b0fe7e1b0cebb4...', '\n\n\n<div class='...', Array)
#9 /public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(149): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#11 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(101): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#12 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(499): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#13 /htdocs/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#14 /htdocs/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

On 23/05/2016 at 11:48 PM, g1nt3r said:

Im trying to use this on my clients site who only has the Commerce plugin (no forums or anything) and I am getting an error while trying to navigate to this page. Is it because I only have the commerce plugin?

Can you paste the error your getting?

On 26/05/2016 at 1:12 AM, Philip Gaines said:

i've just had the same on todays upgrade  and the navigation menu is missing form the forum...

14 hours ago, Tribalize said:

I am having the same issue on one of my sites as Philip Gaines is. Error is

I'm working through IPB 4.1.12 compatibility checks/updates now, all apps including the Portal should be fixed within the next week.

Getting this error here too:

The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it. 

and the chmod of the application folder is 777 as well as all subdirectories... so that isn't the issue.

11 hours ago, Mike John said:
  1. Can I have the error code for that error?
  2. Are you positive your host supports Phar in PHP?
  3. Just to rule it out, you selected the "tar" file and not the zip?

1. 1C133/9

2. Not sure what this is, but I'm on a dedi, so I can install it if you point me to it.

3. yes.

I opened a support ticket with IPS and they told me it's something I'd need to refer to you. -_-

On 07/06/2016 at 0:42 AM, Koby said:

1. 1C133/9

2. Not sure what this is, but I'm on a dedi, so I can install it if you point me to it.

I'm kinda leaning towards this being a lack of Phar on your server then. The error code itself would suggest that as well. I'm not server admin so can't help much there but I believe it's just a PHP extension you can add into your PHP install.

catch( \PharException $e )
			{
				\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'application_notvalid', '1C133/9', 403, '' );
			}
4 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'm kinda leaning towards this being a lack of Phar on your server then. The error code itself would suggest that as well. I'm not server admin so can't help much there but I believe it's just a PHP extension you can add into your PHP install.

{
			}

According to php.net, Phar comes built into PHP since 5.3.0 so there would be no way that it isn't already installed.

http://php.net/manual/en/phar.installation.php

Edited by Koby
On 08/06/2016 at 5:23 PM, Koby said:

According to php.net, Phar comes built into PHP since 5.3.0 so there would be no way that it isn't already installed.

Can you try swapping out that for this and see what exception it's providing?

{
print $e->getMessage();
exit();
			}

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you try swapping out that for this and see what exception it's providing?

{
print $e->getMessage();
exit();
			}

Swapping what out? I don't understand what you want me to do with that code in the box.

On 10/06/2016 at 4:32 PM, Koby said:

Swapping what out? I don't understand what you want me to do with that code in the box.

Sorry thought I included the file. Open applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications..php

Find this code and replace with the above code I mentioned:

{
			}

Now try and upload your tar file again and it should print out the exact Phar exception.

On 17/06/2016 at 10:33 AM, adam kinder_191751 said:

I'd say somewhere in the bottom left near the replies counter thing.

Try something like this.

Open acp > theme editor > portal > front > browse > topicRow

Find:

<li><i class='fa fa-comment'></i> {lang="replies_number" pluralize="$topic->mapped('num_comments') - 1"}</li>

Add BELOW:

<li><a href='{$topic->url(). '#replyForm'}'>Add Reply</a></li>

15 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

A big big thank you for creating and maintaining this wonderful portal APP!

Thank you.

admin panel configuration is not working with 4.1.12.3, settings tab will not show, any way to check for errors on my part? Freshly installed ipb. Can confirm by setting it as standard, it does show and blocks work.

Thanks for the support, Prins.

20 hours ago, Geryha said:

admin panel configuration is not working with 4.1.12.3, settings tab will not show, any way to check for errors on my part? Freshly installed ipb. Can confirm by setting it as standard, it does show and blocks work.

The "Setting" menu link or the actual settings page itself? Would you mind taking a screenshot?