On 9/24/2017 at 6:51 PM, Mike John said:

I'm hoping you were able to solve this. Make sure you can reproduce this in non Portal locations, as that would indicate a problem with the widget itself.

A few guesses but to be sure, could you either reply or PM me the contents of the block your trying to add so can test with it as well?

It was an issue with my host. Got it sorted out.

• 3 months later...

Okay one final question. 

Everything is working perfectly but what I need is for a topic to bump back up to the top of the portal when some replies. Previously Mike advised the following: 

If you open admin/applications/forums/extensions/portalPlugins/recent_topics.php

Find:

'order' => 'tid DESC',

Replace With:

'order' => 't.last_post DESC',

Find:

krsort( $unpinned );

Replace With:

//krsort( $unpinned );

Save admin/applications/forums/extensions/portalPlugins/recent_topics.php.

However, you will appreciate that this was on an older version of the portal script, can you please advise what edits I would need to do to achieve the same on the latest version as all the files have now changed to work with IPS 4.2?

Edited by Jamer

Hi Mike, 

In the next update is there a way you could have a feature to show 'latest reply' as a LIVE LINK in the footer of a topic to save members having to troll through all of the previous replies? Please see screenshot below as an example, could be input next to this as a idea...

5a9da49337adc_LiveLinkLastestReply.thumb.png.ba98ec51fc0733b05e88f94a04770a59.png

On 2/24/2018 at 6:15 PM, Jamer said:

However, you will appreciate that this was on an older version of the portal script, can you please advise what edits I would need to do to achieve the same on the latest version as all the files have now changed to work with IPS 4.2?

I believe this was sorted via PM but let me know if still an issue.

On 3/2/2018 at 7:17 AM, Jamer said:

How do I increase font size on the portal? 

I'll need to know the exact location you want to change. Ideally you would add something like "ipsType_large" into the template location rather then do something for all text in the Portal.

On 3/6/2018 at 7:12 AM, Jamer said:

In the next update is there a way you could have a feature to show 'latest reply' as a LIVE LINK in the footer of a topic to save members having to troll through all of the previous replies? Please see screenshot below as an example, could be input next to this as a idea...

Live as in updating the reply count or...? Not quite sure, could you clarify this a bit?

13 hours ago, Mike John said:

I believe this was sorted via PM but let me know if still an issue.

Yes this was sorted thank you.

I'll need to know the exact location you want to change. Ideally you would add something like "ipsType_large" into the template location rather then do something for all text in the Portal.

Just on the front page, see screenshot I need this font bigger.

5aa98ceec03be_ScreenShot2018-03-14at20_57_05.thumb.png.07777cc4cac0c5b64c5f1da145eec9ec.png

Live as in updating the reply count or...? Not quite sure, could you clarify this a bit?

Currently, it shows how many replies a post has received (in this shot 20 replies) and you can click on the other link to the right to make your 'reply', ideally, would love to see the name of the last member to reply as a link directly to their post (the most recent reply) maybe have this situated after 'views' something like 'latest reply' and then the members name. 

5aa98dd8b77d5_ScreenShot2018-03-14at21_00_47.thumb.png.c54537ff482fd1300bf79b0152805389.png

Edited by Jamer
  • 2 weeks later...

How do I increase font size on the portal? 

Sorry Mike, could you give me a little more detail, not sure how to go about this?

On 3/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, Jamer said:

Just on the front page, see screenshot I need this font bigger.

If you open your acp > theme editor > portal > front > browse > topicRow

Find and change all instances of

ipsType_medium

to

ipsType_large

Save. That will use larger text for the post text.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, Jamer said:

Currently, it shows how many replies a post has received (in this shot 20 replies) and you can click on the other link to the right to make your 'reply', ideally, would love to see the name of the last member to reply as a link directly to their post (the most recent reply) maybe have this situated after 'views' something like 'latest reply' and then the members name. 

How about making the "# Views" text a link? I believe the typical approach by IPB4 itself is to link to the last unread comment.

On 3/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, GameCop said:

Love this app! It is by far one of the best modules to add. Can we expect an update for IPB 4.3 (the beta was released on Tuesday)?

I should get around to updating or confirming compatibility for all my apps and plugins within a few weeks time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 7:17 AM, geohatz said:

i choose as default app but when i press forums it send me to portal again

The "set as default app" when viewing your applications in the acp is the correct method. But that won't change the link the "Forums" tab uses in the front end. In that case, I would recommend adding a new "Home" tab that just links to your forums homepage. Let me know if you need further help doing that.