Migrating from Wordpress and other platforms to 4.0?

Ryan Thomas

We will review all currently available converters and determine which ones we need to keep. I'm fairly certain that WordPress to Pages will be one of them. :)

​Okay, this is great news and even if it's not available at launch, I can temporarily put my Wordpress site in a sub directory as it impatiently waits to be converted over cuz I'm going 100% in with IP suite 4.0 since I believe it will create a consistent experience as users jump from IP forums to IP blogs and pages.

So I guess you only start with the converters once 4.0 is out and people wanting to start a 4.0 site but with converted data need to wait a little bit longer?

​The option is there to convert to 3.4.7 and then upgrade to 4.0 ( this can be done now ) -- Not that we recommend using Beta releases on a live site though.

Ok, I may actually consider doing this then...converting Wordpres to 3.4.7 first and then converting the entire Suite over.  Great idea for those who need to immediately move over to 4.0!

​Well 4 is not released at the moment. Only the Beta is. You can test it but it is not meant to run a production site on.

​Well 4 is not released at the moment. Only the Beta is. You can test it but it is not meant to run a production site on.

​Sorry, I was actually referring to when final build is released in case the migration tools are not available when the stable release is launched.  Right now, I am only testing IP 4 in its own environment so I definitely agree to wait for the final build!

Archived