Error 2C171/1 when trying to download first file attached in a support ticket.

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi, the latest update of IP.Board may have created this error.

In practice it is impossible to download the attached files in the first message of a support ticket, instead the attached files from the second message onwards do not have this problem.

No configuration has been changed on our part.

I don't think the files are corrupted because these two tickets are created by users in different countries, however I can keep the situation under control because by tomorrow other users will repeat the procedure: Ticket creation and attached file> Download test.

If I encounter other problems I will write it here.

Another thing that I don't know if it can help in this case, on the server I receive errors of this type every day:

forum.ecutuningperformance.com-2022-08-23_19-52-39-error.log

3 minutes ago, modman said:

I don't think the files are corrupted because these two tickets are created by users in different countries, however I can keep the situation under control because by tomorrow other users will repeat the procedure: Ticket creation and attached file> Download test.

If I encounter other problems I will write it here.

Unfortunately, with a working file, I am not having issues so I would suggest working with this and testing yourself too.

3 minutes ago, modman said:

Another thing that I don't know if it can help in this case, on the server I receive errors of this type every day:

Please contact your hosting provider for assistance here.

Hello, the erorre continues, the tickets created today have the same problem, the attachment in the first message cannot be downloaded.

The hosting is self-managed and presents no problems, nor any configuration has been changed on our part.

The only update made was IP.Board.

Please try with uploading a file and creating a ticket with a test user, not administrator.

Let's take as an example the ticket created this morning with id= 7224

The ticket was created by the user in the "Tuning file request" department.

In this department there is the default Editor field, the user has attached two files, both of which are not available for download.

By viewing the ticket on the admin side, the two files are available in the first message sent by the user when opening the ticket.

Another file has been attached as a custom field because we added it, called "Original file", this has no problems, download is possible.

The error therefore seems to be present only to the attached files in the Text Editor present as default in the ticket departments, this however only in the first message sent by the user, in subsequent replies the attached files can be downloaded.

Unfortunately, with the user you've provided, I was able to successfully download the file submitted. I tried this both with English and the default Italian language installed. I have left my test tickets present to view this error.

Even testing with the single file upload field which you have, that is working as well.

I don't understand, there is really something strange.

I entered the tickets created by you as "test" (IDs = 7227,7228,7229), I tried to download the files you attached with extension "php", I could not download any files.

I have activated the incognito mode. I performed the same test and managed to download all your files and also those of the tichet with the name "sdfsdfsdf" with ID = 7225.

So I went back to normal session, I logged out, I came back as administrator, same problem.

So I decide to try again in incognito mode .... incredibly even here it doesn't work now!

There seems to be an intertwining with sessions, cookies, something.

Because in the various attempts at a certain point I seemed to see the user name of the test user "ETP" at the top, but even when it says "ADMIN", it is as if the permissions to access that file are denied because the user does not have them.

I'm going crazy, at first I thought it was a file extension problem, instead there is no distinction between your PHP files and those sent by my clients (usually .ori, .mod, .bin).

The error is random and happens a few times in one ticket, other times in another. Both in incognito mode and in normal mode.

13 hours ago, modman said:

Because in the various attempts at a certain point I seemed to see the user name of the test user "ETP" at the top, but even when it says "ADMIN", it is as if the permissions to access that file are denied because the user does not have them.

Do you have any caching on the server? This would be the only thing which I can think of which would impact this. Your server may be incorrectly caching sessions.

I checked the server side and the cache is not present, if necessary I can also attach the php info.

The user error was caused only because I had logged in with the test user.

After further verification it has nothing to do with this.

I have the same problem on another development site as mentioned earlier, with a new setup from scratch.

Can we solve the problem now?

Please note caching can live also outside of PHP. You will want to check with your hosting provider if you are unsure.

Please be aware, we are indeed trying to solve the problem 🙂 . As I cannot reproduce this issue myself from start to finish, even on your own community, it will be extremely hard to resolve. I am walking you through troubleshooting steps based on what is being reported back so we can rule out anything in your environment which may cause the software to behave incorrectly. 

On 8/28/2022 at 2:20 PM, Jim M said:

Please note caching can live also outside of PHP. You will want to check with your hosting provider if you are unsure.

The configuration of our server has never changed for several years that we use IP.Board, we have also installed another version of IP.Board in a new space with standard configuration and the problem remains.

The strange thing is that you manage to download those files but I can't, yet we use the same "ADMIN" account.

Is there a way in the logs to know what happens when IP.Board tries to access a certain file?
What is the precise error that does not allow me to download to that file?

1 minute ago, modman said:

Is there a way in the logs to know what happens when IP.Board tries to access a certain file?
What is the precise error that does not allow me to download to that file?

Could I confirm that you are logged into the same user on both front-end and back-end? 

• 2 weeks later...