No ability to manually add location map in gallery?

PaulKet

I've been playing around with version 4 and see that with the new gallery you sometimes have the ability to add a location map for where a photo was taken. Are we only able to do this if our cameras record the longitude and latitude of where a photo was taken? I've been able to add maps with photos that were taken with my iPhone 4s (which I recently replaced with a Samsung Galaxy 5) but not with photos that were taken with my Canon 5D Mark II. I can see some members becoming very frustrated and upset by not being able to add maps when other members can.

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked and addressed.

I don t see this as being a generic need for most people who run forums. I guess this is more a custom addition versus a default one

The map is pulled by geo-coordinates embedded within the image.  If your camera does not supply the lat/long coordinates, no map is displayed.

​I will be using IPS4 on a travel forum and the ability to have a maps added manually with uploaded photos would have been outstanding for people who do not have the geo-coordinates feature in their cameras. I agree that it's not a generic need for most people who run forums but it would be nice to have the option for those of us who are using the gallery.

Archived