Poor Support in IPS Marketplace

Bernabe Guerra Jr.

Maybe a checkbox for the mod author to choose to show what he or she will offer in support. Like what add-ons they have, if they do installs free/fee, or how often they check the support topics. If they accept PMs, etc.

Maybe show when the mod author was last seen online in the marketplace pages.

Or show how many replies without a reply from a mod author and how long since they replied.

Maybe show when the mod author was last seen online in the marketplace pages.

This would not be accurate. Many modification authors, myself included of late, browse anonymously so as to avoid random senseless PM's simply by being seen reading an unrelated topic. Yes, it happens. A lot. I prefer to keep room for actual support issues with my products requiring access one should not post. ;)

This would not be accurate. Many modification authors, myself included of late, browse anonymously so as to avoid random senseless PM's simply by being seen reading an unrelated topic. Yes, it happens. A lot. I prefer to keep room for actual support issues with my products requiring access one should not post. ;)

Marcher, I need your help and I know your busy with the tons of products you have. It's only a $5.00 buy, but had a question. I know you'll state that I'm all jacked up (LOL :) ) or provide the quick fix like always. http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/364209-category-trees/#entry2409514

The above response if for another issue, so don't think it's YOU!

Ben

Never received any response to the report and/or support from the author! It's all good..

If you really think a mistake is being made here, maybe you can contact AndyF personally about it and ask for the status of the said hook.

Never received any response to the report and/or support from the author! It's all good..

I was unable to find your report when I had a look a few days (14th June according to my post) ago when you posted this topic. As per >my post above please PM me or another MP mod with any details and we'll take a look / another look. :smile:

I see a new report from yourself. The two questions being asked, one is to extend its functionality and the other is a cosmetic concern.

(q1) Is optional if the author would assist with that as its an 'addition' to the works provided even though its a small addition its extra functionality.

(q2) May well be normal actually and working as intended, I'll ask the author to clarify if its intended or otherwise though.

EDIT... Just seen the last reply to the topic, the author has explained (2) as its a concern with a third party plugin rather than the file itself.

Andy, I just sent you a PM. Thanks for the help..

and....just saying, " Nothing better out there than the powerful CMS of IPS!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.

From the replies above and elsewhere, the original reason ie: file concern for this topic being started has been resolved now.

The PM relates to a different file so we'll (MP Mods) take a look at that shortly to see if its normal behaviour (ie: the file is working as described and as the author intended it to) or something else, as per usual allow us 48 hours to initially investigate this.

• 1 month later...

Ben nothing changes mate. since 2010 its been a free for all as far as mods are concerned, some mods are even dearer than the board itself. Thats why I now vote with my pocket, I have been ripped off too many times.

Now if they give support they give support fine. if not I am not going to beg for it, and I remove the MOD. I have had many in open forum declare they would never charge for their mods no matter what, only to change their minds when they saw how much money they could earn.

All these things you will find out for yourself over time, I sincerely learnt from it.

day-in... day-out... day-in...

BOSS: No pay this week Fred.

Fred: WHAT!?!? But I provided support for over 100 cases this week.

BOSS: Yeah... support doesn't actually make us money... so, well, yeah.

BOSS: If you want to earn money spend your time making new products instead of supporting older ones for no pay!

Fred: But customers will get angry...

BOSS: Fred... you want to buy food right? Think of your children...

Fred: o..Uh...

Cyrem you hit it right on the button mate.

Archived