WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

Just a quick note to say :

I've recently purchased this and had a number of problems with setting it up. Marchers support and responiveness was without equal in my experience. I've never experienced such a superb level of service from a mod developer for any product on any software platform.

Thank you again for the product and the support.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are looking for something that will let us:

1. Start a new forum thread for every Wordpress post

2. Use the forum thread to replace WP comments

So basically at the bottom of each Wordpress post would be the IPB thread. So it looks like traditional blog comments.

Can I do that with this plugin? If so we will buy it right away.

Thanks.

We are looking for something that will let us:

1. Start a new forum thread for every Wordpress post

2. Use the forum thread to replace WP comments

So basically at the bottom of each Wordpress post would be the IPB thread. So it looks like traditional blog comments.

Can I do that with this plugin? If so we will buy it right away.

Thanks.

not yet.... this(literally), is up for 1.0.6 actually.

Hi,

When I activate the latest topic widget I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/******/public_html/******/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/widgets/topics.php on line 52

weird... that's not a string, it is initialized as an array, cast as an array, populated as an array... regardless, I went ahead and reworked the widgets code a bit more to avoid this possibility.

I've updated the files but I still get this issue.

exact same line? show me err code for this one or give me access:

$_stats = get_option('ipsConnectTopics');
$last = (is_array($_stats) && isset($_stats[$stKey]) && isset($_stats[$stKey]['cache_last'])) ? $_stats[$stKey]['cache_last'] : 0;

edit: just give me access please..... cannot reproduce.

Hi,

Thanks. Access is the same as with the previous issue.

Hi,

Thanks. Access is the same as with the previous issue.

::sheepish::

ok, fixed.

now trying to figure out why the good lord above hates me, cause he must, UTF-8 WP, IPB charsets, CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci databases, � appearing for some topic title chars.

regardless, I've rolled that fix into the download now, along with the extra topics widget options you preview(thank satori) and Globally Disable any or all XML-RPC Widgets, an XML-RPC Debug panel and visible enabled status in settings for my own freaking sanity. ;)

should re-download anyway.... will look into the char oddity further on your site shortly.

::sheepish::

ok, fixed.

now trying to figure out why the good lord above hates me, cause he must, UTF-8 WP, IPB charsets, CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci databases, � appearing for some topic title chars.

regardless, I've rolled that fix into the download now, along with the extra topics widget options you preview(thank satori) and Globally Disable any or all XML-RPC Widgets, an XML-RPC Debug panel and visible enabled status in settings for my own freaking sanity. ;)

should re-download anyway.... will look into the char oddity further on your site shortly.

2013-03-04_1352.png

I basically destroyed myself on ^ this weekend, packaging...... the download folder structure is going to change as I have IPB upload needs now as well.

The XML-RPC Debug area will ALWAYS list the methods in use, this is useful as a guide for what to enable for YOUR use-case as well, the readme will always list all of them to be enabled in the install instructions

the excerpt will be used for OP if supplied.

As a safety precaution, groups that can access the IPB ACP and the guest_group(this is not a security precaution so much as it being impossible to do) are not available to be treated as guests..... thank oldlock for this unusual use case.

File Updated:

• Option to treat specified IPB Group's Users as guests in WP[1][3].
  • Option to exclude Blog owner from the above option[1][3].
  • Option to post a new IPB Topic for every WP Post in a specified forum[1][3].
  • Option to post a new IPB Post for every WP Comment in reply to the IPB Topic made for the WP Post[1][3].

Completely replacing the wordpress comments list is a dooooozy, as such did not make this version.

File Updated:

• Option to post a new IPB Topic for every WP Post in a specified forum[1][3].

Sweet. :smile:

When these IPB posts are created, SSO takes affect (IPB user / WP author matching)?

Completely replacing the wordpress comments list is a dooooozy, as such did not make this version.

I hope you can swing this in a future version, good luck sir!

Thanks, I'm blown away at how full featured this plugin has become - no problems with SSO since installing. :smile:

Sweet. :smile:

When these IPB posts are created, SSO takes affect (IPB user / WP author matching)?

I hope you can swing this in a future version, good luck sir!

Thanks, I'm blown away at how full featured this plugin has become - no problems with SSO since installing. :smile:

If the user has a 'connect_id'(I'm being less than precise for simplicity's sake, it's stored locally completely differently than it is passed key-wise while retaining value), as in, has been SSO'd, or logged in since plugin install, it will pass IPB the 'connect_id' to post with, as that is the IPB member_id.

OTHERWISE.... it falls back upon the setting for login type, passing the 'member_field' and 'member_key' for each type to IPB based upon it.

The hitch is.... IPB won't post if the member doesn't exist over there, or they cannot actually reply to the topic, may look at adding a fallback member setting.

Been waiting for this update, I will be buying it soon!

One question though will this affect post count? As in when a article/comment is posted on WP and the topic/comments is made on IPB will the user's post amount increase?

Yes.... it IS posting it as them, in effect, and I MUST note you MUST check your forum permissions, replies, or comment, DO honor the permissions, so if you are having trouble with comments not posting, check the permissions of the forum you selected, ensure the user can actually post replies there :P.

The hitch is.... IPB won't post if the member doesn't exist over there, or they cannot actually reply to the topic, may look at adding a fallback member setting.

Even better, can you work in the option to specify one specific user for all new IPB topics?

==

Also, are the IPB topics full copies of the blog post, or just a summary with "Click here to read the full article"?

I'd prefer the latter, by far, to drive my readers into the main site.

Even better, can you work in the option to specify one specific user for all new IPB topics?

Hrmmm.... the most base need would be the one user for all comments made where IPB says 'uh-uh boss'.

Generally I would prefer to attribute the real author as often as possible, and as I have that data more often than NOT, and permissions are bypassed for new topics, the new topics I would think would handily use their post authors.

^Me Trolling, of course one may want a 'news' account or something to post them..... will do.... but it won't be as 'pretty' as your usual IPB member selector, the setting.

Also, are the IPB topics full copies of the blog post, or just a summary with "Click here to read the full article"?

I'd prefer the latter, by far, to drive my readers into the main site.

2013-03-05_0112.png' alt='' class='ipsIm" alt="2013-03-05_0112.png">

ensure you have an excerpt field selected... use it, will be honored.

can look at giving options to auto-append link/auto-truncate content if no excerpt.

edits will not post, drafts will not post.

Future published posts will post at(or slightly after) the publish time.

comments will only post once approved as well.

posts and comments will also dynamically post with replies enabled, meaning if it has not been posted to IPB, and the above conditions are met, it *will* attempt to post them on view, on success will flag them as posted.

No action is taken beyond that.

^Me Trolling, of course one may want a 'news' account or something to post them..... will do.... but it won't be as 'pretty' as your usual IPB member selector, the setting.

+1

ensure you have an excerpt field selected... use it, will be honored.

can look at giving options to auto-append link/auto-truncate content if no excerpt.

+1

:)

Hey there Marcher!

Unfortunately I'm having another problem, and I have no idea why. I must have done something to mess it up.

Nearly all of my members are having trouble logging in. It's weird and irregular. Sometimes they'll be able to access wordpress and not the forum. Sometimes the forum and not wordpress. Some members login via WP and then they are taken to the front page, and some long and they're taken to a wp-admin screen where it says they don't have sufficient access.

I've been resetting passwords all day, and that doesn't help always. Anyway, is it possible for you to look into this? I'll send you all my info via PM again. Sorry for being a pain.

Scott

Hey there Marcher!

Unfortunately I'm having another problem, and I have no idea why. I must have done something to mess it up.

Nearly all of my members are having trouble logging in. It's weird and irregular. Sometimes they'll be able to access wordpress and not the forum. Sometimes the forum and not wordpress. Some members login via WP and then they are taken to the front page, and some long and they're taken to a wp-admin screen where it says they don't have sufficient access.

I've been resetting passwords all day, and that doesn't help always. Anyway, is it possible for you to look into this? I'll send you all my info via PM again. Sorry for being a pain.

Scott

Hi, got the PM, upgrading you first, you were on 1.0.2, since then I've fixed many bugs and added much feature-wise.... can you tell me if that resolves it outright or follow up in PM please? :smile:

Hi MT,

I have an error appear in my error logs after upgrade yesterday.

[06-Mar-2013 18:02:34] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE meta_key='wpIpsConnectID' AND meta_value=1767' at line 1 for query SELECT user_id FROM  WHERE meta_key='wpIpsConnectID' AND meta_value=1767 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, wpIpsConnectXmlRpc->init, wpIpsConnect->init

Thanks for all the additional options by the way :thumbsup:

Hi MT,

I have an error appear in my error logs after upgrade yesterday.

[06-Mar-2013 18:02:34] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE meta_key='wpIpsConnectID' AND meta_value=1767' at line 1 for query SELECT user_id FROM  WHERE meta_key='wpIpsConnectID' AND meta_value=1767 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, wpIpsConnectXmlRpc->init, wpIpsConnect->init

Thanks for all the additional options by the way :thumbsup:

*@#$ Thanks for the heads-up, have like 0 clue how I didn't hit that.

Fixed.....

Archived