WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I cannot even access my wordpress admin now, it says invalid user?

is everything configured?

I have gone up and down that, there is one case where this could happen within my control.

if the login type is username, and you login with ipb or wp username, and they differ, but an email MATCHES, it needs resolved to continue, if there are more of these email matches than display name, switch to email login type.

I can not make a 'call' here, nor give an option to set a hard rule, i try to create the user as for all intents they don't exist by username, and am told they exist by email, conflict.

Otherwise, IPB credentials only will work unless the user does not actually exist by 'key' in IPB, at that point we are hitting the 'installer' fallback IPB create.

Similar can happen here with username differing but email matching, IPB will refuse the non-unique email.

I have one user, on which wp_remote_* itself is failing completely with a 404 on a valid URL. This is out of my hands, and points at bad server config, though I still am looking into it.

File Updated.

Tested it out and emoticons work perfect! Did a bit more poking around and found:

• Full URLs become truncated when posted to WordPress and the link breaks as a result
  • Invision's default is to make paragraphs have a 0px margin. Most WordPress themes have a margin. This means that people's posts usually have Enter pressed twice for a paragraph which causes a large break in comments. Trying to fix this by setting margin for p to 0 does not work though, because comments posted through WordPress condense all line breaks into one paragraph tag.
  • Time is still broken (IPB is converted to GMT) but maybe this is something to do with my setup?

Here's where I'm testing:

http://rushanshekar.com/nbtest/uncategorized/intro-to-rng-manipulation-what-is-it-and-why-do-we-use-it/
http://rushanshekar.com/nbtest/forums/topic/1248-intro-to-rng-manipulation-what-is-it-and-why-do-we-use-it/

Anyone is free to register and post themselves. That's not the actual site =)

Fixed, again, not retroactive... this occurred on pulled post->comment insert >.<

• Deleted / Hidden posts on IPB are not reflected on WordPress and vice versa. Ideally, all moderation could be done from the Invision end of things.

Will look to this for 1.1 ;)

Details Sent

this was fun. :smile: added a visible warning to the settings screen if xmlrpc is not enabled on-server. [3] is broken without it, I was just hiding it all, now I'm putting up a warning for clarity as well.

Getting:

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property ipsConnectSettingsTopics::$settings in /home/rushan/public_html/nbtest/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/sources/classes/xmlrpc.php on line 26

when I update and then go to home page.

I changed that property's visibility to public for a reason, somehow that change was missed, re-upload, thanks.... my apologies for that. :)

Hi !

First great tools ;)

I have on issue, i don't know it has been already related:

I'm automatically disconnected form my IP.board after a few minutes. ("Remember Me" is ticked)

Scenario:

- Without any cookie/cache on my navigor.

- Go directly to my domain.com/forum

- Log-in

- See some topics and replies

- Let me go to drink a soda, take a little rest

- Came back after 10/20 minutes. On my navigator if i actualize or click on any link from my board, i'm disconnected

And before i installed your tools, it never appends..

Have you got any idea ?

In attachment, my entire configuration (Master IPB / slave WP)

PS: Sorry for my English ;)

post-390005-0-65739500-1365339509_thumb.

post-390005-0-00259800-1365339513_thumb.

post-390005-0-29047700-1365339514_thumb.

Hi !

First great tools ;)

I have on issue, i don't know it has been already related:

I'm automatically disconnected form my IP.board after a few minutes. ("Remember Me" is ticked)

Scenario:
- Without any cookie/cache on my navigor.
- Go directly to my domain.com/forum
- Log-in
- See some topics and replies
- Let me go to drink a soda, take a little rest
- Came back after 10/20 minutes. On my navigator if i actualize or click on any link from my board, i'm disconnected

And before i installed your tools, it never appends..

Have you got any idea ?

In attachment, my entire configuration (Master IPB / slave WP)

PS: Sorry for my English ;)

This has nothing to do with this modification(seriously, My code is not even executing at the steps you provide). I would look in the bug tracker for something mentioning this.

I know it is not from your code.
Do you see a bug in my configuration? (see old attachment)
ipcsonnect is disabled on my IP.Board, which seems normal because it is the master. Am I wrong?
Otherwise it is maybe due to a concern interpretation of "cookies / ipsconnect" because it works well with Mozilla Firefox (Never disconnected). Only bug with Google Chrome.

I've got this working now sort of witht he help of Marcher.

Another couple of problems

When I login now wordpress recognises my forum username and logs me in, I can no longer log in with my old wordpress admin account.

My wordpress access now is limited, I do not have all the full admin options now logged into it as my IPB username, how can I sort this?

Also

Is there a way to prevent member logged into wordpress through the bridge from seeing the edit user profile link which takes them to a wordpress error page?

THL, please see PM.

Going to have to get to the bottom of what it is doing onsite, and deluging the topic with questions you solve yourself(without providing how no less) isn't helping others here. :smile:

I know it is not from your code.
Do you see a bug in my configuration? (see old attachment)
ipcsonnect is disabled on my IP.Board, which seems normal because it is the master. Am I wrong?
Otherwise it is maybe due to a concern interpretation of "cookies / ipsconnect" because it works well with Mozilla Firefox (Never disconnected). Only bug with Google Chrome.

ok.... why ask me in this file's support topic then?

nothing in ipsconnect.php master checks this as far as I can see actually looking.

Maybe you meant to bump this, or open a support ticket?

Hi Marcher,

I'm looking at this feature:

Option to post a new IPB Topic for every WP Post in a forum specified by post, with admin-defined form default

Do you plan to add an option to make a mapping between all wp categories and all forums, so that every new wp post in a wp category gets posted automatically into the corresponding forum?

Thanks,
Ivan

Ok, can you at least tell me what is the priority of that feature for you?

very next, highest, only thing left to handle regarding posting bridge, before I move onto further userbar enhancements. :smile:

the bugs, as they were, are resolved, thus I can move forward with features cleanly with minimal interaction with unrelated codebase, which was the point of the refactor.

Hey Marcher,

Updated the plugin yesterday and everything seems to be working great!

I do have a question for you though.

I have the plugin set up to post new WP posts to IPB with the link only. I noticed it is pulling all of my past WP posts into IPB. Not sure if you meant for this to happen, just wanted to give you a heads up. It's been posting old posts for days haha

Hey Marcher,

Updated the plugin yesterday and everything seems to be working great!

I do have a question for you though.

I have the plugin set up to post new WP posts to IPB with the link only. I noticed it is pulling all of my past WP posts into IPB. Not sure if you meant for this to happen, just wanted to give you a heads up. It's been posting old posts for days haha

hello, You will want to use the per article-enable for synching/posting/replies, and not the global default setting.

If you set the defaults to post, post replies, and synch, this will indeed happen.

I have no way at this time to tell between a topic that has not posted, and one that should not post beyond the per-post option with the default configured such..

You elaborate the need for this:

Do you plan to add an option to make a mapping between all wp categories and all forums, so that every new wp post in a wp category gets posted automatically into the corresponding forum?

hello, You will want to use the per article-enable for synching/posting/replies, and not the global default setting.

If you set the defaults to post, post replies, and synch, this will indeed happen.

I have no way at this time to tell between a topic that has not posted, and one that should not post beyond the per-post option with the default configured such..

I see. As you know I am running multisite, so I need to enable the defaults to allow new WP posts to show on the forum from all blogs (my members will not remember to select what forum to place their new post in every time). I have been deleting all of the old posts out of IPB as they show up, when I go to update the plugin will it import all of the old posts again since it won't see them because I have been deleting them?

Also, is there an easy way to exclude a blog by blog ID when importing WP posts to IPB? I'd like to exclude our main blog from posting new topics.

Archived