WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

I'm having a little trouble with my forum integration.

The first problem is almost surely a conflict with my membership plugin, MagicMembers, which does implement its own lost-password workflow.

When I enable the plugin, attempting to use the lost password function gives me this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function login_header() in /home/gstudio/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/wp-ips-connect-core.php on line 437

I've got a ticket in with them to see if it's absolutely necessary for them to hijack the lost password feature, but I'm hoping you can take a look at this also and offer some advice.

I'm also having trouble getting SSO to work, but I can't leave the plugin enabled to troubleshoot if the lost password feature is broken.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ello, just a bit of a presales enquiry on wordpress ipsconnect.
currently i'm using the previous (and now defunct/disappeared) wordpress sso that was featured on the marketplace by ah-modding.
Do you know of any integration problems i'll have if i switch to your plugin?
unsure how it works as a lot of the forum users will have already been created within wordpress now with this previous plugin how the switch will be treated, or if this will be an issue.
Any info would be great cheers

Hey Marcher,

I seem to be getting this error.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/***********/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/sources/classes/settings/xmlrpc.php on line 59

the error goes away (but then the plug-in does not function) when I delete the API user.

any ideas?

Looking into this on your site still, apologies for any delay

The first problem is almost surely a conflict with my membership plugin, MagicMembers, which does implement its own lost-password workflow.

When I enable the plugin, attempting to use the lost password function gives me this error:

I've got a ticket in with them to see if it's absolutely necessary for them to hijack the lost password feature, but I'm hoping you can take a look at this also and offer some advice.

I'm also having trouble getting SSO to work, but I can't leave the plugin enabled to troubleshoot if the lost password feature is broken.

Please send me a PM with access details to look into this.

Ello, just a bit of a presales enquiry on wordpress ipsconnect.
currently i'm using the previous (and now defunct/disappeared) wordpress sso that was featured on the marketplace by ah-modding.
Do you know of any integration problems i'll have if i switch to your plugin?
unsure how it works as a lot of the forum users will have already been created within wordpress now with this previous plugin how the switch will be treated, or if this will be an issue.
Any info would be great cheers

Satori Is one of these users. As far as I am aware, the transition should not prove an issue.

I just imported WP Users (only Users) using IPS Converter to Invision, does it still work nicely with this for newly signup users on WP which is not yet ported to Invision?

Yes, However they will need to login to wordpress once manually with the plugin enabled for IPB to recognize them.

Hi,

-Possible to hide completely the topbar (with "welcome user")

Thanks

1 Yes.

2 I offer the ability to hide all WP admin links, and the avatar is synched here as well. I do not at this time allow total removal, though that is something I am considering with the request to add the IPB header bar as an option, as both bars would look rather dumb.

Just updated, and it looks like emoticons and/or comments are causing one post to break in WP. :/

http://www.kitelife.com/tutorials/flying-with-intent/

I suspect this plugin, only because of the sync with the forum, and the broken images in the comments.

The weird part though, is some pages with comments ARE working:

http://www.kitelife.com/industry-news/the-glider-craze/

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Just updated, and it looks like emoticons and/or comments are causing one post to break in WP. :/

http://www.kitelife.com/tutorials/flying-with-intent/

I suspect this plugin, only because of the sync with the forum, and the broken images in the comments.

The weird part though, is some pages with comments ARE working:

http://www.kitelife.com/industry-news/the-glider-craze/

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

What precisely did you just update?

The mod, WP, or IPB?

Minor thing: Hyperlinks that lead outside of the website from Invision Power Board get posted as "External Link" instead of what is between the URL tags.

So instead of "Google" they get posted as "External Link" on WordPress.

Fixed. Seems using the title attribute of the a tag was inappropriate.

Hey Marcher,

I seem to be getting this error.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/***********/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/sources/classes/settings/xmlrpc.php on line 59

the error goes away (but then the plug-in does not function) when I delete the API user.

any ideas?

Fixed.

Example of broken comments:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-06-26 at 2.08.10 PM.png

re-upload the 'interface' directory in the 'ipb' directory of the download to IPB, that issue is long-resolved, however you will need to cleanup, I'm not certain what you updated, but if it was this mod, you missed uploading something.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function login_header() in /home/gstudio/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/wp-ips-connect-core.php on line 437

I have modified the code to avoid this by checking that the function exists before calling it, re-upload, and please PM me with access details if you encounter further issues.

I do not like the way the connection is managed. By default when you connect, it goes by Wordpress and this page: wp-login.php

Is it possible to redirect directly to the forum and this page to login / registration: index.php?app=core&module=global

I do not like the way the connection is managed. By default when you connect, it goes by Wordpress and this page: wp-login.php

Is it possible to redirect directly to the forum and this page to login / registration: index.php?app=core&module=global

Unfortunately, not for login. I need that login for synchronization reasons, unless you would prefer existing wordpress users be unable to login where they do not yet exist in IPB.

Registration already goes to IPB at default with this mod, though other plugins may have their own registration pages.

I can assure you that WP login page is as secure as the IPB one, it is authing directly against IPB.

Hi,

I want post each wordpress articles to the forum, but I can't see the forum i've created in the dropdown. The forum is visible and readable by visitors.:/

Other questions:

I've some options that i don't understand:

- Minimum Widget Cache Period

- SSO/Login Guest Groups

- Exclude Blog Owner

- Only Link

- Force Defaults

When I wanted to create a statistics widget, it showed me the wrong values:

Total Posts: 24 (I've 25k+ posts)
Total Members: 5 (I've more 5k members)

Other questions:

I've some options that i don't understand:

- Minimum Widget Cache Period

- SSO/Login Guest Groups

- Exclude Blog Owner

- Only Link

- Force Defaults

When I wanted to create a statistics widget, it showed me the wrong values:

Total Posts: 24 (I've 25k+ posts)
Total Members: 5 (I've more 5k members)

The statistic widget is IPB statistics, not wordpress. If you do not understand an option, I surely need to clarify the help text.

I want post each wordpress articles to the forum, but I can't see the forum i've created in the dropdown. The forum is visible and readable by visitors.:/

The forums list dropdown is cached for 30 minutes when requested, as I am trying to keep the footprint of pulls from IPB to a minimum.

Indeed, small explanatory sentences would be welcome. Especially for novices like me. :sweat:

Otherwise, I created the forum there are more than 12 hours and I still do not see the drop-down list. :/

Indeed, small explanatory sentences would be welcome. Especially for novices like me. :sweat:

Otherwise, I created the forum there are more than 12 hours and I still do not see the drop-down list. :/

Wait, the whole dropdown list is missing, or just the specific forum?

Which specific dropdown? The one on the settings page, a widget(which one?), or the post screen?

Does this work on a site that's been around for years? Or is this best for a small site starting off? As in there shouldn't be any issues with how old (how much content and members) a site is?

Works with forum's Twitter logins?

Works with users that have ηαυƒαℓ (example) as their username? I know Wordpress doesn't like non-standard characters.

A specific forum who is invisible on all dropdown (settings & Widgets).

I'm not 100% certain I can do much for that.... that's not my module returning that list... Are there complex permissions applied? are you logged into IPB(I would assume yes, but I do not know if it is a same-domain usage)?

Does this work on a site that's been around for years? Or is this best for a small site starting off? As in there shouldn't be any issues with how old (how much content and members) a site is?

I am not aware of any issues on sites with large amounts of existing users. You have 80000 forums(as a random number, you get what I am saying here) however, and that's your own resource noose to worry about. Would suggest leaving xmlrpc bits off at least.

Works with forum's Twitter logins?

I would like to know how you expect password-based authentication to work without a password?
In essence, it should SSO them, if appropriately configured.
They will not be able to physically login from wordpress however without setting the IPB password.

Works with users that have ηαυƒαℓ (example) as their username? I know Wordpress doesn't like non-standard characters.

Untested. Will check. Had some funky passwords that work fine, was not aware of name issues in wordpress itself.

Archived