WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Marcher!

When I login to my site on the wordpress end (using MemberPress membership software) I get redirected to http://simplefitnesshabit.com/forum/interface/ipsconnect/members which isn't a page at all on my site and gives an error, although I'm actually logged in.

Also, if I enter the wrong login information, it takes me from http://simplefitnesshabit.com/login to http://simplefitnesshabit.com/wp-login.php, and if I then enter the information right, I'm sent to a page called /members which isn't even a URL at all so members can't login through the default wordpress login page or that will happen to them.

Any idea what's going on?

Liz

Hi Marcher!

When I login to my site on the wordpress end (using MemberPress membership software) I get redirected to http://simplefitnesshabit.com/forum/interface/ipsconnect/members which isn't a page at all on my site and gives an error, although I'm actually logged in.

Also, if I enter the wrong login information, it takes me from http://simplefitnesshabit.com/login to http://simplefitnesshabit.com/wp-login.php, and if I then enter the information right, I'm sent to a page called /members which isn't even a URL at all so members can't login through the default wordpress login page or that will happen to them.

Any idea what's going on?

Liz

At a guess, MemberPress is not agreeing with this modification. Does it persist with MemberPress disabled?

In the plugin settings I have it set to email. I've tried logging in with the username and email with no luck.

I am confused.

I would need to see the configuration of the plugin to determine why that is occurring, refer to PM.

Hi Marcher. Any eta on the update to the plugin that we discussed?

As soon as possible. As discussed, The request Is more complex done right than what it sounds.

I am confused.

I would need to see the configuration of the plugin to determine why that is occurring, refer to PM.

As soon as possible. As discussed, The request Is more complex done right than what it sounds.

Hey Marcher don't see the PM. Let me know what you need and I can send it over to you.

Hi Marcher! I have a question. So, in order to get my wordpress member details into IPS, they sign in via the wordpress side once, and those details are passed onto IPB.

Also, IPS Connect uses IPB reset password links and all that.

BUT, what if a user forgets their login information, but has never logged into IPB. Then IPB doesn't have their info and it says they aren't recognized. What then?

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if synch is backwards-compatible and triggering on existing WP articles/comments before install, which it is.

Exactly ;)

I have this error at login fail on wordpress slave (wrong password):

Fatal error: Call to undefined function login_header() in /home/myusername/public_html/stand/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/wp-ips-connect-core.php on line 411

Just me?

what wordpress version? referring to the pm you sent me to look into it, apologies,. I did not understand as you did not state the problem before.

Hi Marcher,

I'm setting up a WP membership site using the PaidMembershipsPro plugin for WP. When someone signs up on the WP site, they are then logged in as a WP user with a 'subscriber' user role.

I have two questions please:

1. When a new user signs up in WP, will they automatically then have an IPB account set up with the same credentials?

2. Will they be logged straight in to IPB or will they need to manually log in using their WP credentials?

From what I can see from the demo, registration is handled through IPB. If the WP user credentials are automatically transferred to IPB then this plugin will do what I need, just want to be sure before I buy.

Thanks.

the answers to these questions will determine whether I buy this or not. I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but it is vital to my decision.

I use WordPress w/ Contributors, Editors, Authors. We are mostly logging into WordPress. The first thing we want to see is the WordPress dashboard when we log in. Not the forums. We just merely want the accounts to be connected so that when we DO log into WordPress, we don't have to log in a second time to the boards. The boards are hardly used, but board usage will be encouraged if accounts are connected.

So what I would actually NEED is that domain.com/login goes to the WP log-in and then, after logging in, the WP dashboard.

Is this possible at all? If not, is there any other way I can go about this?

Thank you.

Feature request: (would be willing to pay)

Instead of new forum topic created for each wordpress post, one topic for each blog (blog title perhaps), and then wordpress posts created inside forum topic as wordpress post. Replies as... however you'd see fit, probably just as posts.

Why?: With multiple blogs new topics are created frequently, creating a bit of new topic spam on the forum, where perhaps they would be more suitable as a reply post instead of thread.

Not sure if anyone else would be interested in this though, if not I don't know if it would be worth your time. Or how difficult this additional option would be to implement, but I wanted to put it out there :)

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if synch is backwards-compatible and triggering on existing WP articles/comments before install, which it is.

Exactly ;)

Bump ;)

One question and one concern.

First, the question. On the very first step of the documentation, it says:

If your Master is IPB, a good guide on this is Here

If Not, consult the documentation/author of your master application for where to obtain these details.

In my case, the Master is WordPress, which has thousands of users. I could be understanding the meaning, but I've been looking for documentation about finding information like this for WordPress and haven't had any luck. Am I misunderstanding what you mean in the documentation?

And the concern.. I see you have mentioned compatibility issues with Wishlist Member. I'm hoping this isn't a common issue among all membership plugins -- we're using MagicMembers to sell access to content. I guess we'll find out soon if there are issues.

Hi Marcher,

I'm setting up a WP membership site using the PaidMembershipsPro plugin for WP. When someone signs up on the WP site, they are then logged in as a WP user with a 'subscriber' user role.

I have two questions please:

1. When a new user signs up in WP, will they automatically then have an IPB account set up with the same credentials?

2. Will they be logged straight in to IPB or will they need to manually log in using their WP credentials?

From what I can see from the demo, registration is handled through IPB. If the WP user credentials are automatically transferred to IPB then this plugin will do what I need, just want to be sure before I buy.

Thanks.

1: On successful WP login, or SSO, the new WP user would be created.

2: Upon successful configuration of this plugin, WP credentials are invalid, only IPB credentials are valid, except in the case of the valid WP user logging into WP that does not exist in IPB. If on same domain name, then yes, it will SSO the user logged into IPB.

We are mostly logging into WordPress. The first thing we want to see is the WordPress dashboard when we log in.

The logout redirect url is used on login, *only* if the user logging in has no ability to do anything in wp-admin, and the url they would normally be redirected to is within. For the general wp admin, they would simply be taken to the dashboard.

One question and one concern.

First, the question. On the very first step of the documentation, it says:

In my case, the Master is WordPress, which has thousands of users. I could be understanding the meaning, but I've been looking for documentation about finding information like this for WordPress and haven't had any luck. Am I misunderstanding what you mean in the documentation?

And the concern.. I see you have mentioned compatibility issues with Wishlist Member. I'm hoping this isn't a common issue among all membership plugins -- we're using MagicMembers to sell access to content. I guess we'll find out soon if there are issues.

The question.

This plugin is built as a slave, not a master. That said, for most use cases this should be fine with the fallbacks implemented, if the IPB user does not exist on valid WP login, as above, they are registered in IPB on first successful WP login.

The concern...... is sadly one of my own, If you hit issues, I will be glad to work with you to resolve them, so long as the member plugin in question does not obfuscate their code, however, Wordpress' very design does not lend well to plugin cross-compatibility where two plugins affect the same area...

Hey Marcher,

I seem to be getting this error.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/***********/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/sources/classes/settings/xmlrpc.php on line 59

the error goes away (but then the plug-in does not function) when I delete the API user.

any ideas?

Archived