Site was offline yesterday

We run a site that is NFL related and I have so many people telling me they couldn't access it yesterday during the NFL draft. This is our biggest day(s) of the year. I noticed the forums were offline this morning. I saw another thread and cleared my cache. But I had people reaching out saying they couldn't get in.

Two questions:
1. Is whatever issue it was, fixed?

2. Can everyone get on now without clearing cache? 

Our posts counts were much lower than expected yesterday, this is very disappointing. We didn't have problems like this when we were self hosted.

Hi @Max, I cannot give a definite answer to question 1, but question 2 looks to be resolved as per Stuart's post in the other topic discussing this very issue.

They don't need to do anything, we made some changes to address the issue.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gary said:

Hi @Max, I cannot give a definite answer to question 1, but question 2 looks to be resolved as per Stuart's post in the other topic discussing this very issue.

Thanks!

It was such a big traffic day for us, total bummer to crash. People are losing confidence in us since we went to cloud hosting.

Edited by Max

I completely understand the frustration. The Invision Community team do their absolute best when it comes to ensuring their Cloud is always up and running smoothly. It is pure coincidence that it had occurred at such a busy time for your community. The same can occur at any time on a Classic/self-hosted community, you just don't hear about it anywhere near as much of it here as they would be brought up with the host directly.

It is a weekend at the moment but I'm sure a staff member will provide a more elaborate response soon. Keep an eye on the topic below as there are others experiencing the same issue.

Sorry to hear you were having issues. It is unfortunate this has happened at a busy period for your site. We now have this resolved, as mentioned in some of our other topics. And of course we do take a look to see how we can reduce such issues going forward. The answer to both of your questions would be yes. 

On 4/27/2024 at 11:30 PM, Gary said:

I completely understand the frustration. The Invision Community team do their absolute best when it comes to ensuring their Cloud is always up and running smoothly. It is pure coincidence that it had occurred at such a busy time for your community. The same can occur at any time on a Classic/self-hosted community, you just don't hear about it anywhere near as much of it here as they would be brought up with the host directly.

It is a weekend at the moment but I'm sure a staff member will provide a more elaborate response soon. Keep an eye on the topic below as there are others experiencing the same issue.

On 4/29/2024 at 4:40 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry to hear you were having issues. It is unfortunate this has happened at a busy period for your site. We now have this resolved, as mentioned in some of our other topics. And of course we do take a look to see how we can reduce such issues going forward. The answer to both of your questions would be yes. 

Thanks. I am actually glad to hear that it wasn't related to the NFL Draft traffic spike.

I appreciate the responses.