WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if done from IPB, they need to login to wp, .or be sso'd from ipb login to be logged into wp(not already logged in to wp *technically*) for it to synch.

if done from wp, it does it for IPB instantly

Do you change this through the wordpress database? My network admin account doesn't seem to have access to change users.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe there's any other way to change the username on WordPress, so that's only something you can do on Invision Power Board.

In any case, I just got back from my vacation a week ago and started testing today. Unfortunately, the time bug is still happening. It retrieves the Invision Power Board time in GMT without converting it to PDT which is what both Invision and WordPress are set to =( If this could be fixed, I could put the product live!

Test Link:

http://rushanshekar.com/nbtest/breeding/back-to-testing/

I don't believe there's any other way to change the username on WordPress, so that's only something you can do on Invision Power Board.

In any case, I just got back from my vacation a week ago and started testing today. Unfortunately, the time bug is still happening. It retrieves the Invision Power Board time in GMT without converting it to PDT which is what both Invision and WordPress are set to =( If this could be fixed, I could put the product live!

Test Link:

See PM reply please. I have 'fixed' this so many times now it's atrocious, having you test a patch in your environment to ensure it is correct.

Test Link:

Thank you for bearing with me here, the confirmed fix is now in the download.

Hi Marcher

I followed the readme instructions but I must have done something wrong as I'm experiencing the following:

a) If I login into Wordpress, it logs me into IPB perfectly

b) If I log out from IPB, it is logging out of Wordpress perfectly

b) HOWEVER, if I login via IPB... it doesn't log me into Wordpress.

Any ideas?

I assume it must be that I have the Login settings incorrect in IPB, right now I just have "IPB Internal" enabled. Am I supposed to have IPB Connect enabled? If I do turn it on and fill out the master url/key in IPB, it gets confused and doesn't work (which I read in another reply you made saying not to make IPB master connect of itself or it gets confused and goes in a loop, etc).

What am I missing here?

Hi Marcher

I followed the readme instructions but I must have done something wrong as I'm experiencing the following:

Any ideas?

I assume it must be that I have the Login settings incorrect in IPB, right now I just have "IPB Internal" enabled. Am I supposed to have IPB Connect enabled? If I do turn it on and fill out the master url/key in IPB, it gets confused and doesn't work (which I read in another reply you made saying not to make IPB master connect of itself or it gets confused and goes in a loop, etc).

What am I missing here?

IPB URL and WP URL(yes, leave the ipsconnect slave in IPB off, thank you)?

Single Sign On[1][2],
[2] Same TLD as IPB Master Only.

Weird issue. The options to put in my API key isn't coming up on WordPress settings?

Did everything up to Step 7. None of the XML-RPC options show up in WordPress and it says it's disabled even though it's enabled in IPB. I can't even click it to get the status.

Weird issue. The options to put in my API key isn't coming up on WordPress settings?

Did everything up to Step 7. None of the XML-RPC options show up in WordPress and it says it's disabled even though it's enabled in IPB. I can't even click it to get the status.

Issue resolved. It was a hosting problem.

Edit:

Unrelated, but what are the conditions for avatars in comments to be pulled from Invision? I attached an old thread to a post and it just uses Gravatar =/ I'd like everything to just use Invision avatars.

Unrelated, but what are the conditions for avatars in comments to be pulled from Invision? I attached an old thread to a post and it just uses Gravatar =/ I'd like everything to just use Invision avatars.

Synch.

Basically I have to have the 'connect_id'(IPB member ID) to pull the avatar properly. they have to either login or be SSO'd once.

Synch.

Basically I have to have the 'connect_id'(IPB member ID) to pull the avatar properly. they have to either login or be SSO'd once.

To wordpress. I need to be more clear here. killing the wordpress cookies helps more than killing IPB's.

They have to log in to wordpress or be SSO'd from being logged in to IPB by not being logged into wordpress.

Whenever someone logs in it resets their displayed name for articles totheir username rather than their real name, which is what we like it to be to keep articles looking a bit more professional. Is there a way to keep articles to real name while leaving comments as IPB username?

Hi Marcher

Having this issue as well.

Whenever someone logs in it resets their displayed name for articles totheir username rather than their real name, which is what we like it to be to keep articles looking a bit more professional. Is there a way to keep articles to real name while leaving comments as IPB username?

Having this issue as well.

I cannot reproduce the last issue. i would have to look at it occurring with access to both admin panels to suss what is happening..... does it persist in your case if the 'master' is turned 'online'?

for the first... I don't touch the wp post author.... at all.... like.... ever :P wp must be picking up on the nickname, which i do synch with the display name for consistency, suppose an 'off' switch couldn't hurt..

Sorry to be a pain but I've just downloaded/uploaded this. I've got to step 8 and can't log into the wordpress site anymore! Doh!

It's telling me that "ERROR: We could not log you in. Please try again later." but I've just checked the wp database in phpmyadmin and I'm using the right email address!

Sorry to be a pain but I've just downloaded/uploaded this. I've got to step 8 and can't log into the wordpress site anymore! Doh!

It's telling me that "ERROR: We could not log you in. Please try again later." but I've just checked the wp database in phpmyadmin and I'm using the right email address!

Rename/remove the file wp-contentpluginsipsconnectwp-ips-connect.php to get back in.

Are you using the IPB password for your account? Ultimately this usually comes down to a conflict between the IPB and Wordpress accounts on first login, whereby the emails do not match but the login name does, or vice versai.

Archived