WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

I'm not 100% certain I can do much for that.... that's not my module returning that list... Are there complex permissions applied? are you logged into IPB(I would assume yes, but I do not know if it is a same-domain usage)?

Basics permissions, everybody can view the specific forum, only members & + can comment. Same domain (no sub-domain).

EDIT: I copied permissions from another forum and apparently it's good.

EDIT 2: How to copy my 550 articles + 5 500 comments on forum ?

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basics permissions, everybody can view the specific forum, only members & + can comment. Same domain (no sub-domain).

EDIT: I copied permissions from another forum and apparently it's good.

EDIT 2: How to copy my 550 articles + 5 500 comments on forum ?

Enable and configure topic posting in my settings, then simply wait. It posts the IPB topics/post for existing approved wordpress posts/comments not yet posted on view -> or an edit if not posted, and on add, again, all pending approval/publish status. It also optionally pulls posts made in the topic back as comments, if those have not been posted as comments in wordpress yet, after posting to IPB. If the amount of comments pulled from IPB on a single view seems too few, you can adjust this via the ipb_synch_limit filter hook. (there is intentionally no easy settings field for this, as it is a power user configuration, it should not be altered without reason, specifically, a post with an inane amount of replies with no paging applied might need to change it if replies from IPB do not pull after a specific number).

You can override the posting options, including linked topic, by post if need be.

Am I correct in my understanding that the plugin is working properly in the following situation, or have I made a mistake in my setup?

user is logged out of both IPB and WP

user logs into IPB but is not logged into WP

user logs into WP and is logged into IPB via SSO

So in effect, the SSO only works in one direction?

It's okay if that's how it works, I'm just wondering if I'm misunderstanding it and did not install correctly.

Also, your amazing support you've shown for this is not taken for granted! Thank you!

Am I correct in my understanding that the plugin is working properly in the following situation, or have I made a mistake in my setup?

user logs into IPB but is not logged into WP

user logs into WP and is logged into IPB via SSO

So in effect, the SSO only works in one direction?

It's okay if that's how it works, I'm just wondering if I'm misunderstanding it and did not install correctly.

Also, your amazing support you've shown for this is not taken for granted! Thank you!

Hello,

Please visit your Admin Panel > System > System Settings > Server Environment, and adjust the cookie domain.

Wordpress needs to be able to read cookies IPB sets.

Ensure the forum you selected is capable of receiving posts. Make sure adding a new post triggers a topic creation. If it does not, you have misconfigured something.

I do not know what I have misconfigured. Here are two screenshot

post-132340-0-60193200-1372835104_thumb.

post-132340-0-66196500-1372835107_thumb.

I take it you are IPB member id #1?

How far does it get? Will it post a topic on post edit with the option to do so checked?

Did you upload my xmlrpc api module to IPB?

Screenshot of the API debug screen may shed light... click the XMLRPC Enabled 'flag' on my settings page in wordpress and screenshot the resulting page please.

I sense you are hesitant to provide me access to properly look into the issue, which is fine, but is going to make resolution of the issue take longer.

I take it you are member id #1?

How far does it get? Will it post a topic on post edit with the option to do so checked?

Did you upload my xmlrpc api module to IPB?

Screenshot of the API debug screen may shed light... click the XMLRPC Enabled 'flag' on my settings page in wordpress and screenshot the resulting page please.

I sense you are hesitant to provide me access to properly look into the issue, which is fine, but is going to make resolution of the issue take longer.

Oh no, there is no problem! I just do not want to bother you. I am sending you this by PM

Hey marcher,

I was just going through my error logs and found quite a few in my Wordpress log related to IPSConnect. Here's an example of one:

[04-Jul-2013 22:41:22 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '( blog_id, meta_key, meta_value ) VALUES ( 1, 'last_activity', '2013-07-04 22:41' at line 1 for query INSERT INTO ( blog_id, meta_key, meta_value ) VALUES ( 1, 'last_activity', '2013-07-04 22:41:22' ) made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, wpIpsConnectXmlRpc->init, wpIpsConnect->init, wp_update_user, wp_insert_user, do_action('profile_update'), call_user_func_array, bp_blogs_add_user_to_blog, bp_blogs_record_blog, bp_blogs_update_blogmeta

I'm sure you can make better sense of it than me. :) Not sure if it has to do with you or Wordpress, but I thought I'd give you a heads up. I've gotten quite a few of them.

I would like to thank Marcher Technologies for all the help he gave me!

I just discovered a new problem. Gravatar avatars seem ignored. On Wordpress, the image is not displayed

I would like to thank Marcher Technologies for all the help he gave me!

I just discovered a new problem. Gravatar avatars seem ignored. On Wordpress, the image is not displayed

Thank you for your kind words. :smile:

Unfortunately that is intentional, as wordpress provides the option to use gravatar as well, the email has to match for accounts on both sides anyway generally, I am not interested in duplicating existing functionality. :smile:

Unless you can think of a very good reason(or objection to the above) for me to have to maintain my own fetchMember API call, I'd rather not do so.

Hello B.Money,

Unfortunately, I issue no such query:

INSERT INTO  ( blog_id, meta_key, meta_value ) VALUES ( 1, 'last_activity', '2013-07-04 22:41:22' )

I would be looking further down the stack trace than this plugin:

bp_blogs_add_user_to_blog, bp_blogs_record_blog, bp_blogs_update_blogmeta

Will do. Thanks!

Thank you for your kind words. :smile:

Unfortunately that is intentional, as wordpress provides the option to use gravatar as well, the email has to match for accounts on both sides anyway generally, I am not interested in duplicating existing functionality. :smile:

Unless you can think of a very good reason(or objection to the above) for me to have to maintain my own fetchMember API call, I'd rather not do so.

Uh, so, how can I do so that it appears? I saw nothing in Wordpress to disable Gravatar.

Another thing that could be really good. Can in each article put a kind of summary.

Because on the forum we do not have too much choice, either we display the entire article or anything. A summary of 50 words would be nice.

Another thing that could be really good. Can in each article put a kind of summary.

Because on the forum we do not have too much choice, either we display the entire article or anything. A summary of 50 words would be nice.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/376502-wordpress-ipsconnect/page-11#entry2389633

Use the excerpt field, it is honored, and gives you far better control than anything I could do dynamically with truncation.

Uh, so, how can I do so that it appears? I saw nothing in Wordpress to disable Gravatar.

Unless I misunderstand, you set a custom IPB profile photo, and it is not showing?

- The problem is that I do not use the excerpt field in my Blog.

- http://bit.ly/12UNPXq look "Glorte".

The second was a bug, thank you for the link, file updated(including the guest posting feature requested to work around the inability of the API to post as a guest).

The first, I'm uncertain as to how you want me to handle that? If I truncate it dynamically, line breaks are fairly gone. I'm fairly certain having a paragraph truncated to one long run-on sentence is undesirable.

I've tried for two days to get this thing working to no avail. I just did a fresh install of both Wordpress and IPB and am still having the same issue. Once I set it up I can no longer login to the Wordpress admin panel. I know at least one other person has commented about this problem. What was the solution?

Archived