WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

That was quick, thanks very much :D

Now that's working, I'm struggling with the auto-posting of the article on the forums, and it's not remembering the member-id of the topic starter. Any ideas please?

It should only post if it has a valid member. Has said user logged in?

What percentile of accounts by email match versus login name match are we looking at?

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very few, but I set the login method to email as I guess most people know their email but can forget various usernames on various sites.

The user is an account I use to post news items only...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/user/9644-tlf-news/

PS I purchased this mod due to your support after reading this topic, you're living up to the expectations! I struggled a few times with IPBWI over 12 months or so but am further along with less errors with yours in an hour!

Very few, but I set the login method to email as I guess most people know their email but can forget various usernames on various sites.

The user is an account I use to post news items only...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/user/9644-tlf-news/

PS I purchased this mod due to your support after reading this topic, you're living up to the expectations! I struggled a few times with IPBWI over 12 months or so but am further along with less errors with yours in an hour!

Has that account logged in to wordpress? Is it the post author in wordpress? Currently using the actual author to post, will be adding an overload to use a spec member shortly.

This field...

Topic Starter
If Given, ALL IPB topics Articleed from this installation will be started by the member with the given IPB member_id.

and it's not posting the topic at all.

OH.

Look at me forget I added that, no criminy, code is right even. :blush:

No, you need the IPB member_id for the account, not the WP 'ID'. In your case, enter 9644 in that field. :)

I don't even use WP but I am tempted to buy sometime just to support Marcher LOL

actually I am looking at a possible second license with a WP site in a few months so this may be excellent for me.

anyways just wanted to thanks marcher for his products.

Hey Marcher,

Uploaded the update, but the IPB module seems to be missing? I do not see it in the downloaded file, but I could be missing something.

I have updated the file to avoid confusion, it appears I zipped the vendor folder of my repo for it instead of the contents of said folder. >_<

Drill into the 'vendor' folder or re-download.

I have updated the file to avoid confusion, it appears I zipped the vendor folder of my repo for it instead of the contents of said folder. >_<

Drill into the 'vendor' folder or re-download.

Re-downloaded, but still don't see the IPB module. In ACP in my API user I only have "MT". I believe there also used to be "IPB", but I could be wrong.

It should.

I am saying the api folder /ipb/ that that module relates to, that ships with IPB, is missing from your install, and you should re-upload /interface/ from the IPB download from your client center.

Yep, did exactly that and it seems to have fixed it! Somehow I must have deleted everything out of the interface folder. :blink:

Just created a test user, and it doesn't seem to log me into wordpress. I am logged into the forum, but when I navigate to wordpress it shows me as logged out.

Seems to be fine with my normal user, but I stayed logged in all the time. Haven't tried to log out and log in with this user.

EDIT: Just tried loggin out again with the new user and logging back in, and that seemed to work. I swear I remember reading something about them having to manually log into wordpress at least once? But I could be completely off on this point.

EDIT EDIT: Logged back in with the new user and now it shows me as logged out again. Trying to get a little more info.

Just created a test user, and it doesn't seem to log me into wordpress. I am logged into the forum, but when I navigate to wordpress it shows me as logged out.

Seems to be fine with my normal user, but I stayed logged in all the time. Haven't tried to log out and log in with this user.

EDIT: Just tried loggin out again with the new user and logging back in, and that seemed to work. I swear I remember reading something about them having to manually log into wordpress at least once? But I could be completely off on this point.

EDIT EDIT: Logged back in with the new user and now it shows me as logged out again. Trying to get a little more info.

How are you logging in? Log in as member will not trigger SSO, this is by design.

Archived