WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

Is it possible to change the WP login screen or something to IPB?

If a user registers on the forums with their FB account and logs out, they can't log back in via the wordpress login page. Not sure if this can be fixed with options though, i'm just testing with your demo.

no.

I need that password, and that is a main point of synch, without it the whole thing falls apart.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a question too :smile: When ne user who logged in on IPB page goes to WP page he must login again, another don't. Any clue ?

a single user, or all? is this on the same TLD(domain), or differing?

Nice !

Two more questions :

• can avatars shown on WordPress comments be retrieved from the user's IPB profile ?
  • same for the display name on WordPress comments : Can they be linked to user's IPB public profile page ?

woring on finding a clean way to hook/filter this in on the WP docs/hooks/filters list.

Is it possible to change the WP login screen or something to IPB?

If a user registers on the forums with their FB account and logs out, they can't log back in via the wordpress login page. Not sure if this can be fixed with options though, i'm just testing with your demo.

need password :)

login methods like FB/Twitter/Google generate a random, they need to set a local password in IPB.

Bug : when a user is validating its registration, login via WordPress = error. Once the account is validated (email check), It works fine again.

If you mean that until they validate with IPB, they cannot login? I am aware of this..

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/376502-download-mt34-wordpress-ipsconnect/?p=2357185

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/376502-download-mt34-wordpress-ipsconnect/?p=2357191

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=comments&parentId=6089&fromApp=downloads-files&do=findComment&comment_id=5673

this was requested actually.... a LOT...... then needed to preserve password integrity becouse WP is hinky.

Hey Marcher, dropping in for a possible question/bug report. This could be user error because I am avoiding wordpress sign in page.

This one could be difficult to explain, so I'll do my best.

Senario:

User owns a blog on a multisite install. Blog address is site.com/user. This user is not logged in. User navigates to his blog directly by typing in his exact blog URL "site.com/user" and is not logged in, clearly. User clicks "sign in" (link which I added) which is linked to IPB sign in page (http://site.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login), and enters correct details. Upon submitting details user is directed back to his blog address of site.com/user, but not logged in, and still is seen as a guest with the option to log in. User can endlessly repeat this process without being able to log in (I can only assume, I gave up after 353 tries......ok bad joke). User then decides to click on any other 'main-blog wordpress' link (site.com/activity/, site.com/blogs/, site.com/members/) and is automagically logged in, and continues to be logged in when going back to his blog at site.com/user. Said user shrugs and happily blogs a new post now that he is logged in.

Let me know if that makes any sense :D. Perhaps I just have to direct users to the wp-login.php page for such things, but I thought I'd ask first!

Hey Marcher, dropping in for a possible question/bug report. This could be user error because I am avoiding wordpress sign in page.

This one could be difficult to explain, so I'll do my best.

Senario:

User owns a blog on a multisite install. Blog address is site.com/user. This user is not logged in. User navigates to his blog directly by typing in his exact blog URL "site.com/user" and is not logged in, clearly. User clicks "sign in" (link which I added) which is linked to IPB sign in page (http://site.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login), and enters correct details. Upon submitting details user is directed back to his blog address of site.com/user, but not logged in, and still is seen as a guest with the option to log in. User can endlessly repeat this process without being able to log in (I can only assume, I gave up after 353 tries......ok bad joke). User then decides to click on any other 'main-blog wordpress' link (site.com/activity/, site.com/blogs/, site.com/members/) and is automagically logged in, and continues to be logged in when going back to his blog at site.com/user. Said user shrugs and happily blogs a new post now that he is logged in.

Let me know if that makes any sense :D. Perhaps I just have to direct users to the wp-login.php page for such things, but I thought I'd ask first!

this actually had nothing to do with what one would think.

had to force it to the master 'blog' and back to the current 'blog' after getting my options when multisite is on or they would vanish.

and.... umm, yeah, MU kind of throws everything regarding users left lol.

the base function still remains

Same domain but different groups

were you using WP MU? if so, this update should likely resolve this:

What's New in Version 1.0.2 (See full changelog)

• MU SSO/Login Issues Resolved.
  • Supported Features List Updated.
As Such and as reminder....
  • 'Password' Master Key Input for extra security[1].
  • Single Sign On[1][2], shared login credentials[1].
  • Utilizes IPB registration and password resets[1].
  • Force 'new' WordPress Users to 'No Role for this site'[1].
  • Hide WordPress Admin links on Frontend.
  • Replace WordPress 'My Profile' Links with Links to the Master UCP.
  • Supported On WP MU
  • Same TLD as IPB Master Only.
Also, for reference, use it as a network plugin and only the network admin can mess with the settings or see the plugin.

Hey Marcher,

When a member signed up using the facebook connect their log in name on IPB shows as their facebook name (usually real name), the IPB login name translates to the Wordpress username. So the member on WP gets @mentioned as their real name.

For example:

I signed up using facebook login. My login name on IPB is John Smith and display name is Billy.

On wordpress my username is John Smith and "display name publicly as" I can choose either Billy or John Smith.

So when someone @mentions me on WP they have to use @John Smith(username) not @Billy(display name)

Is there a way to use the IPB display name not login name as WP username so we can @mention the display name, or no because it uses the login name for the SSO?

Dear Support,

I had few quests.

1. Can we use IPB member avatars on IPB side?
  2. Can we execute simple queries from WordPress that would return us IPB data but without loading the IPB engine on WordPress side (fast)?
  3. Will the IPB new registered member become present (immediate) in the WordPress users list?
  4. If we create admin user in WordPress can we make sure that that user cannot access IPB?
  5. Can you tell that if we add WordPress non admin users these will will be added to the IPB at that very moment?
  6. Can you make that if we add IPB member to the system the new WordPress member will be added to the system at that very moment?

7. Can we utilize IPB comments on our WordPress web site?

Thanks

--db

Dear Support,

I had few quests.

1. Can we use IPB member avatars on IPB side?
  2. Can we execute simple queries from WordPress that would return us IPB data but without loading the IPB engine on WordPress side (fast)?
  3. Will the IPB new registered member become present (immediate) in the WordPress users list?
  4. If we create admin user in WordPress can we make sure that that user cannot access IPB?
  5. Can you tell that if we add WordPress non admin users these will will be added to the IPB at that very moment?
  6. Can you make that if we add IPB member to the system the new WordPress member will be added to the system at that very moment?

7. Can we utilize IPB comments on our WordPress web site?

Thanks

--db

1. No.

2. I would basically be building a REST API on the IPB side to even approach this. No.

3. No, they would need to view the Wordpress(if using same-domian SSO) or log in once for their account to exist in wordpress.

4/5: All users created through Wordpress will be created instantly as members of your default member group regardless of their access levels in WP.

6: No, that would require the IPB Master to 'call out' to the slaves, something it was not designed to do, nor is even capable of doing as the master knows not it's slaves.

7. No, I am not able to depend on access to any IPB files directly.

I will iterate that this is not a bridge, nor do I have any plans to make it one(generally, bridges themselves are a pain to USE from what I have seen, not to mention bulky and rather unwieldy, I would prefer to keep the ease of use), it is plug and play SSO/shared credentials.

• 2 weeks later...

I must be completely insane(oh wait.....)..... high demand makes right.

A: debugging a conflict with another WP plugin B.Money brought to light.

B: No concrete time scale.... but you want your bridge? you want your REST api? fine.

I cannot even state the price will remain where it is(though i'm likely going to end up asking a mod to drop the renewal if i do up the tag) with the amount of work this entails, which is immense.

Robert, I have two domains, one contains my IPB install, another separate domain that contains my wordpress site. Will this work with that kind of setup?

Both are on the same server.

Yes, it will *not* SSO, but it will allow shared credentials.
Just for kicks/triple surety(I've tested this before) I just hooked up my localhost wordpress to my IPB demo site, made a new user on IPB, and logged into my localhost wordpress(the user did not previously exist in this case ;) ) non-issue.

Hi Marcher!

First of all, thank you for building this amazing tool. I don't think it's expensive at all. It's a fair price for how much value it offers. It's ridiculous for people to ask you to work for any less. They couldn't do it themselves, if they could, they would sell their own version for a lower price and put you out of business :). And you include support, so it's fantastic.

That's why I'm here.

I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong, but for some reason, when I login through WP and then go to the forum, I'm not logged in on the forums. That's obviously the whole idea behind this system, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Also, I've had a few reports of incorrect password notifications when users try to login. They had to reset their password. Any idea what this is about and I I can fix it?

Can you help?

Thanks so much!

Scott

Archived